PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charlie Casserly...What did he say abot DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I walked in the room and saw Casserly talking about Branch.

Did anyone else see it and if so did he say anything interesting cuz I missed it.

Slagathor said:
I walked in the room and saw Casserly talking about Branch.

Did anyone else see it and if so did he say anything interesting cuz I missed it.
Paraphrased: Pats F-ed up, Deion was ranked as #1 offensive player by Pats after SB 38 ahead of Tommy, Deion will be traded to resolve the crisis.

My translatoin: I really hope and pray that New England returns to their old pre-Kraft/BB ways.

nothing new..same old..pats miscalculated blah blah...
he claimed the pats rated branch their #1 offensive player ahead of brady after the carolina superbowl...dont know who his source is but that was hard to believe.

SVN said:
nothing new..same old..pats miscalculated blah blah...
he claimed the pats rated branch their #1 offensive player ahead of brady after the carolina superbowl...dont know who his source is but that was hard to believe.

Hmmmm?

Now Casserly retired from his job right?

I'm gonna pass on the opinion of a guy who made David Carr the #1 overall pick and passed on Reggie Bush.

Tool!

Slagathor said:
Hmmmm?

I'm gonna pass on the opinion of a guy who made David Carr the #1 overall pick and passed on Reggie Bush.

Tool!
He's now working in an administrative role for NFL Today - that show is headed for the toilet even faster.

Slagathor said:
Hmmmm?

Tool!
One of the reasons he passed on Bush is because he believes our Kool Aid Maroney to be the most complete back in the draft... ahead of Bush.

Slagathor said:
Hmmmm?

Tool!
if iam not wrong he has some hard feelings with the pats FO with respect to the givens pursuit this year when he was with the texans...dont remember the whole story but i think it was something.

SVN said:
I live 3,000 miles away and have no sources - but I still know, for a fact, that is not true.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
One of the reasons he passed on Bush is because he believes our Kool Aid Maroney to be the most complete back in the draft... ahead of Bush.

Well that seemed to be concensus opinion throughout the NFL. He's just bandwagon jumping.

Casserly was a horrible GM and the Texans are going to be a flawed team for the next 5 years because of him.

SVN said:
if iam not wrong he has some hard feelings with the pats FO with respect to the givens pursuit this year when he was with the texans...dont remember the whole story but i think it was something.

I could be wrong, but I think the hard feelings were regarding the signing of Steven Neal. Casserly claimed to the press that he had been willing to offer Neal an exorbitant deal, but Neal's agent was a Patriot toady who kept his client ignorant and steered him back to the Pats. This was later revealed to be hogwash, just the kind of tripe this mediocre never-was is currently peddling for the third estate. Casserly also claimed to have been the "architect" of certain deals in the 80s that led to the Redskins' '87 title. Of course, that was just another lie on his resume, as Beathard was the architect while Casserly fetched coffee, sharpened pencils and worked the lamination and photocopying machines in the office. A total hack fraud who has somehow connived his current job from a former drinking buddy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft