PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson says being 'controlled' by the Patriots led to his failure here

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah I didn't have a clue as to where I should line up, what route to take or what play was being called cuz they wanted me to act professional".

The Pats' playing without Ochocinco on its offense is like going duck hunting without an accordian.:rolleyes:

What a crock! He was working with one of the GOAT QBs and one of the GOAT coaches. All he had to do was basic football 101:
Run the correct routes
Line up in the right spot
Remember snap counts

He couldn't do these because the Pats wouldn't let him be himself?!? It's an insult to fans if he really thinks they'll buy this. Did Moss have any problems changing? He was angelic in '07 and '08. How about Dillon? Harrison contained his penalties and he was awesome! But because Chad couldn't wave dollar bills in an official's face, it made him suck as a receiver? What a d!ckhead! All he had to say was, "I really enjoyed my time with Tom and coach Belichick, it didn't work out, it's time to move forward with this new team." Instead he had to feed his ego and place blame on a team that gave him every chance to succeed. Screw him.

Ocho said what he had to say to preserve himself, let's stop twisting our panties. He's on a new team, anything that comes out of his mouth is suspect. By all accounts he busted his ass off to be a Patriot, it didn't work out.

Untwist the panties.

Rule No. 1) Anytime others are responsible for your failure you will not get better.

I can picture now Chad now burning McCourty in the regular season...just watch..lol

I don't mind him saying this. He is not going hard on the Patriots at all. He is simply saying that he feels that changing his personality to play here did not work out.

He has to believe something like that or he hasn't a hope of having another good season. If you don't believe in yourself then forget about it.

If Ocho, um, Mr. Johnson has a good year, he might be right.

If not, de Nile is in Egypt and, where is he, Miami?

I can picture now Chad now burning McCourty in the regular season...just watch..lol

Based on what I saw from McCourty last season, Abe Vigoda could probably burn him.

I always liked Chad but I think he should shut up about this. His brain is the only reason as to why it didn't work out here.

does this mean he's gonna sh!t all over the furniture and the kitchen table, in the garage and out on the front lawn...then post it on Twiiter? ...after all, if the "control" was killing him,I say he throws off those chains of propriety the bathroom fettered him with and goes full frontal crap wild all over the house.....go get 'em Chad Johnson{formerly known as Ocho Cinco)...:yeeha:

does this mean he's gonna sh!t all over the furniture and the kitchen table, in the garage and out on the front lawn...then post it on Twiiter? ...after all, if the "control" was killing him,I say he throws off those chains of propriety the bathroom fettered him with and goes full frontal crap wild all over the house.....go get 'em Chad Johnson{formerly known as Ocho Cinco)...:yeeha:

He must be really happy now that he can go back to being Bad Johnson instead of Had Johnson.

It didn't impact his acceptance of 6 Million dollars.

Give me 6 Million and I will personally super glue my lips together so no one hears me :p

Where do I send the Check?
icon_smile.gif

I'll always love the guy, because he's a Free Spirit and a remarkably BENIGN Soul...

But thank JEEBUS he's OUTTA here!! :D

Can you imagine what Wes Welker might be capable of if he wasn't controlled and had a chance to play for the Miami Dolphins?

This may be his honest assessment of the situation. He probably didn't fit in, and for someone like him that may have impact his performance.
He seemed like a duck out of water but if he understood where to line up or where to break the route for certain defenses I think he would have been fine here. He just didn't get it, and this loss of personal style didn't really end up being the big factor (IMO.)

Let's just skate around the real issue here-namely, stick a fork in him, he's done. Maybe that will sink in this year.
Dude, that is so cool, Vince beating Ussain Bolt in a sprint. In full gear yet. I saved that to disk. I always copy greatness.

But will Vince be at the Olympics instead of Foxboro tomorrow? I'm worried.

Now to this issue of Chad being done, stick the fork in him: What do we say if he catches, say, 70 balls this year?

Well, he wasn't done. He was just in the right context. That's what I would say. Will he catch 70? Hmmm, let's talk about that if we can make the OVER around 50. I'll go over at 50, but UNDER at 55.

70 and I'll have to crap my pants.

My understanding from the how they ran the offense in Cinci was to let Ocho do whatever the heck he wanted to and have Palmer throw the ball in the general area of where he was going. Thats it.

I'm going to stop short of calling the guy dumb but he plain 'ole for whatever reason didn't get this offense and his diminishing physical skills didn't do him any favors...

If they'd gone after a guy like Gaffney or Stallworth, or a similar player on the offense who knows how to run routes, react, and play the #2/#3 WR role with a smile, they'd probably have a championship to show for it.
Bingo.

And Drew Brees would have been number two in yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News