PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson reportedly suffered an injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean his Achilles is blown out too and he's missing the whole season?

Link?

Come on Ray ... we have gone through this before. Off the top of his head, he couldn't remember if it was "ACL or Achilles." It was either/or.

And Ray, he said "probably" will miss. Why are you coming down on the guy? He said probably.

Come on Ray ... we have gone through this before. Off the top of his head, he couldn't remember if it was "ACL or Achilles." It was either/or.

He's missing the whole season, right?

Face it, journalists these days are like the psychics on New Years eve.

They make twenty predictions. If 5 are right they're amazing!

A bunch of people saw a guy with a wrapped knee and a disgusted expression on his face.

This guy had no credibility to lose so he made a statement that was 2/3 false.

If that's good journalism to you, then good luck. I didn't see a real story until 5 minutes ago.

Scott Wright said:
You do realize that Jackson is probably out for the '07 season with an injury, right?

ACL or Achilles. He hurt it, I believe, on special teams in the playoffs versus the Colts.

Well, you know how Belichick is with reporting injuries...

I can tell you that I got it from a very reliable source who is extremely close to the situation. In fact, while I was talking to him he got the call with the bad test results.

And Ray, he said "probably" will miss. Why are you coming down on the guy? He said probably.

I take it back. since an ACL definitely doesn't take that long, his statement was 3/4 false.

This guy ... made a statement that was 2/3 false.

Ray he said ACL OR Achilles. That's not a false statement.

And he NEVER said "was out" he said probably out.

NEM gets those calls too. Always on bad phones so you misunderstand half the words.

Look on the bright side, this guess and our reaction to it probably caused the team to give the info to the one reporter with real sources a little quicker.

since an ACL definitely doesn't take that long

how do you know that.

He qualified it with "probably" and you throw around words like "definitely." The only one who is sure of anything is Reiss who said CJ's timeline for return is yet to be determined. Recovery from ACL is a tricky thing and differs from player to player.

Ray he said ACL OR Achilles. That's not a false statement.

And he NEVER said "was out" he said probably out.

I think Brady will either stay friends with Bridget or reunite and marry her.

If he does the latter, Gisele will probably be giving me a call.

Same standard of truth. Remember, I said probably.:D

I think Brady will either stay friends with Bridget or reunite and marry her.

If he does the latter, Gisele will probably be giving me a call.

Same standard of truth. Remember, I said probably.:D

Ray, 99% of Patriots fan didn't even know he was injured. And you're telling me, he guessed our back-up WR was injured on a ST play, and pull the "bad test results" of his @ss, and was right. If you believe that, I have got a bridge to sell you.

Ray, 99% of Patriots fan didn't even know he was injured. And you're telling me, he guessed our back-up WR was injured on a ST play, and pull the "bad test results" of his @ss, and was right. If you believe that, I have got a bridge to sell you.

He was seen on the bench with his knee wrapped. Dan Pires is a writer and posts some. He saw it from the stands. All the other writers did too. They could have tried to get a scoop when they couldn't get info, but they had some journalistic integrity. It is their job, after all.

I can tell you that I got it from a very reliable source who is extremely close to the situation. In fact, while I was talking to him he got the call with the bad test results.

Ockham's razor applies. The simplest explanation is the one to go with. During this time of year, we all know that agents for college players are talking their clients up to draftnics. Scott didn't guess it, it was told to him.

Geez he can't catch a freaking break.

He was seen on the bench with his knee wrapped. Dan Pires is a writer and posts some. He saw it from the stands. All the other writers did too. They could have tried to get a scoop when they couldn't get info, but they had some journalistic integrity. It is their job, after all.

So, you trying to convince me that Scott just "guessed" the scoop before everyone else. Uh huh. Scott didn't even talk about the scoop until Remix starting hounding him about why he was picking a WR in the 1st round. It is not like he even announced it on the board as a "big" announcement. He responded to Remix, and gave his reasoning.

Last edited:
He was seen on the bench with his knee wrapped.

99% of Patriot fans didn't see that. In fact, I cannot remember one person saying CJ was injured on this board until Wright explained to Remix why he was picking a WR in his mock draft.

Ray, here is a quote from Remix. This question precipitated Scott explaining why he was picking a WR in the 1st.

scott...im very dissapointed. no effort in changing Patriots picks?

Bowe
Hughes
Harris

we drafted Jackson high last year..we wont pick 1 again..Caldwell had a pretty good year by our standards..hes #2..CJ will be #1 soon.

And of course, Scott's words have already been posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News