PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson reportedly suffered an injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pissing matches aside, this is why I love this board. We knew this days ago. Now it is being confirmed on the media front. Wow, Joe avg. Pats fan is just starting to hear about this and go..."Wha?"

Thanks all!

No s**t. I feel like calling Curran up and giving him some background.

If he stretched a ligament, it would heal from rest.

If he tore one, he would have had an operation.

It doesn't matter if it's logical, it's crap. He could have unwrapped his leg and been fine the next week. Also logical.

I think based on the way people have been reacting the injury is more serious than something that would be fine in a few weeks but if it was something serious enough to go into next season they would know about it.

That's what I mean by logical, but you are right, until the facts are known there will always be some level of specualtion, so take it for what it's worth.

Murmurs and internet musings abounded...

Oh great. Our crap is now the basis for national stories?

Freudian slip eh? Its rumors.... Don't worry we got the murmurs covered too. :D

BTW, I know you didn't say murmers, it was Curren.

Last edited:
Except he said "You do realize that Jackson is probably out for the '07 season with an injury, right?" and Curren said "Jackson isn't in danger of missing next season".

That doesn't qualify as being right.
NOt even close to right, sir.

No s**t. I feel like calling Curran up and giving him some background.

Actually, Curran was the guy I emailed when these rumors first started coming out. He already knew about the injury and said he was looking into it, so clearly these are his findings after some digging.

Again, I think you're being tough on Curran - I emailed the guy and basically said Pats fans would like some answers to these rumors and to see it at least be discussed in a legit form - he went ahead and did that.

The key to the article is this:

the dire predictions of him missing next season are off the mark.

That's all that matters to me right now at this stage. Like Curran says, we might not know specifics until later.

Last edited:
Based on what? I'll print the entire email Tomase sent to me and you'll see neither he nor Curran know anything more than he had his leg wrapped.

Is it Kosher to print an email in his entirety? I told him I posted on all 3 forums so he knows I'm reporting back to people. Can I get a ruling from a mod?

"even though the exact injury isn’t known"

"Word is that he did indeed hurt himself during the Pats' loss to the Colts"

He had his leg wrapped, nothing new here, move on.

Murmurs and internet musings abounded that Jackson, the Patriots second round pick out of Florida last April, ripped his Achilles' tendon and would miss the 2007 season.

Oh great. Our crap is now the basis for national stories?

Maybe I'm off about the missing mini-camp, but my point was that while Jackson may miss some of the summer reps, that's no biggie.

The important thing is we have some confirmation that the Wright report is bogus. I take Curran's word over Wright's.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm off about the missing mini-camp, but my point was that while Jackson may miss some of the summer reps, that's no biggie.

The important thing is we have some confirmation that the Wright report is bogus. I take Curran's word over Wright's.

I didn't mean to harp, but i like Curran and I hate the "almost say something" trend in journalism.

even though the exact injury isn’t known

He might be a better speculator than me, but I'll be damned if I could put a time table on an injury when I don't even know what it is!LOL

That's what they teach you in journalism school these days. Take the worst and best outcomes and divide by 2!!

Actually, Curran was the guy I emailed when these rumors first started coming out. He already knew about the injury and said he was looking into it, so clearly these are his findings after some digging.

Again, I think you're being tough on Curran - I emailed the guy and basically said Pats fans would like some answers to these rumors and to see it at least be discussed in a legit form - he went ahead and did that.

The key to the article is this:

the dire predictions of him missing next season are off the mark.

That's all that matters to me right now at this stage. Like Curran says, we might not know specifics until later.

I'm sorry, taking a wild guess based on limited knowledge is not good journalism to me.

I like the guy, that's the only reason I care. You can be sure his bosses have told him not to say you don't know. Take a guess, start a buzz.

If you see him wrap his knee, speculate he might miss passing drills. Theirs no way you'll be proven wrong so what's the difference?

Freudian slip eh? Its rumors.... Don't worry we got the murmurs covered too. :D

BTW, I know you didn't say murmers, it was Curren.

I do prefer to think of my crap as musings.:D

Well at least we know what priority number 2 is now behind LB.. Drew Bennet, and or Donte Stallworth plus a draft pick would be nice now..

I think he is going to Detroit, just a hunch.. But if he is not , I would rather have Stallworth or Bennett

A hunch that has Mike Martz written on it right? :D

If he goes there he'd be a third Again. While here he has a chance to compete for a serious position of need.

Well Now I fully believe Chad Jackson is a bust.. Reiss is now reporting he has a torn ACL.. He needed a full offseason to be ready for training camp, and 2007.. He is going to be of no use to us now... Well like I said, Curren said it was going keep him out most of the offseason, but a torn acl, is no pulled hammy..

Well Now I fully believe Chad Jackson is a bust.. Reiss is now reporting he has a torn ACL.. He needed a full offseason to be ready for training camp, and 2007.. He is going to be of no use to us now... Well like I said, Curren said it was going keep him out most of the offseason, but a torn acl, is no pulled hammy..

Link?.....NM.

Well at least we know now. I believe that's less than Harrison had, true?

Last edited:

I give up. He's a bust because he has knees?

You guys kill me sometimes.

Link?.....NM.

Well at least we know now. I believe that's less than Harrison had, true?

Dude where is the link.....I am sure the pats are working on options....

it looks like Scott Wright the draftnic did have an inside source and was right.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/02/22/jackson _out_with_torn_acl/

You mean his Achilles is blown out too and he's missing the whole season?

Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey