PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson reportedly suffered an injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want me to say? Thank you for breaking this new and intriguing story?

Don't use a misleading title like "Chad Jackson reportedly suffered an injury" like it's new news. Maybe a "Curran confirms Jackson injury" would have been better. ;)

I used the first line of the article.

is it even a story, if a non-player doesnt play? yawn... the dude's junk, what has he ever done for us? yeah, ill miss him.
give me one guy half as good as troy brown for him, and he's gone

Last edited:
is it even a story, if a non-player doesnt play? yawn... the dude's junk, what has he ever done for us? yeah, ill miss him.

um..has he gotten the chance? its not like he went out there and was bad in talent and dropped passes and all that.

he was a rookie and your asking what has he done for us?..geeee

What is up with you tonight?

Chad "The Walking Injury" Jackson

i don't think you can rely on CJ at this point. i say draft another wr and whatever cj gives is extra.

i don't think you can rely on CJ at this point. i say draft another wr and whatever cj gives is extra.
WR was a draft need before we knew about this injury. And it still is, not much has changed.

He's a first year WR in an offense that isn't easy to pick up. How can you say that after one year in the league he's junk? I'm not saying he's destined for stardom or anything, but if you look at what we know he should pan out to be a decent player. With your modus operandi what's the point of drafting players? We should just trade all our picks.

Pissing matches aside, this is why I love this board. We knew this days ago. Now it is being confirmed on the media front. Wow, Joe avg. Pats fan is just starting to hear about this and go..."Wha?"

Thanks all!

If they do select a reciever in the first round, I would want either Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachum. Both are big, fast wide recievers that would make a nice addition. However, whether Chad Jackson is injured or not, the Pats will select two LB's in the first round. I say one ILB and one OLB.

Joel Filani from Texas Tech would be an interesting late round (6th) pick. . . .

If they do select a reciever in the first round, I would want either Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachum. Both are big, fast wide recievers that would make a nice addition. However, whether Chad Jackson is injured or not, the Pats will select two LB's in the first round. I say one ILB and one OLB.

Dwayne Bowe runs a 4.55. That is not fast by NFL WR standards. Meachem is a burner however, and would fit in well here.

I would think people would be somewhate relieved. From the information disclosed it sounds like he could miss offseason workouts and minicamps but not training camp and the regular season. I think that's fine.

I would think people would be somewhate relieved. From the information disclosed it sounds like he could miss offseason workouts and minicamps but not training camp and the regular season. I think that's fine.

I AM relieved.

The silver lining to missing
private offseason training and reps
... passing camp
... and perhaps training camp and the preseason ...
is that

he can't injure himself again.
Can he?

I'm not sure why all the pessimism in this thread...IMO, it's nice to have it confirmed that he will NOT be missing the 07 season.

Based on what Curran says, it looks like he'll be missing mini-camp, but there's no reason to believe he'd miss training camp as well.

It's not a big deal if he misses mini-camp - he was a monster at mini-camp last season, it didn't turn into production - training camp is where the real value is at, and with 6-7 months off to rest, we can assume he'll be ready for that.

In the long run - this probably isn't a bad thing, with hammy injuries being so persistent and recurring, the forced rest of another injury might be a good thing for his body.

As for drafting a wideout - I still don't think so, at least not until mid rounds. I say sign Kevin Curtis, the guy looks like he'd really fit the bill.

Caldwell-Gaffney-Curtis-Jackson-Brown would be a great and deep bunch.

Chad Jackson-WR- Patriots Feb. 21 - 8:56 pm et

Chad Jackson reportedly suffered an injury during the AFC Championship that could limit him into the summer.

There were some rumors about an Achilles injury, but Jackson isn't in danger of missing next season. NBCSports.com's Tom Curran says Jackson will "probably be limited in passing camps and offseason reps," which won't help him make a second-year leap after a disappointing rookie year.
Source: NBCSports.com

http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/1088863/detail.html

Just draft Dwayne Bowe now.

"even though the exact injury isn’t known"

Kind of disappointed in Curran. He has nothing and speculates anyway.

He knows no more than Reiss, Tomase and Pires, yet throws it out there when they've chosen not to.

I guess that's the type of crap the networks want.

Kind of disappointed in Curran. He has nothing and speculates anyway.

He knows no more than Reiss, Tomase and Pires, yet throws it out there when they've chosen not to.

I guess that's the type of crap the networks want.

The big networks encourage specualtion because they want to be the first to break a story.

Having said that I think his speculation is pretty logical.

I'm not sure why all the pessimism in this thread...IMO, it's nice to have it confirmed that he will NOT be missing the 07 season.

Based on what Curran says, it looks like he'll be missing mini-camp, but there's no reason to believe he'd miss training camp as well.

It's not a big deal if he misses mini-camp - he was a monster at mini-camp last season, it didn't turn into production - training camp is where the real value is at, and with 6-7 months off to rest, we can assume he'll be ready for that.

In the long run - this probably isn't a bad thing, with hammy injuries being so persistent and recurring, the forced rest of another injury might be a good thing for his body.

As for drafting a wideout - I still don't think so, at least not until mid rounds. I say sign Kevin Curtis, the guy looks like he'd really fit the bill.

Caldwell-Gaffney-Curtis-Jackson-Brown would be a great and deep bunch.

it looks like he'll be missing mini-camp

Based on what? I'll print the entire email Tomase sent to me and you'll see neither he nor Curran know anything more than he had his leg wrapped.

Is it Kosher to print an email in his entirety? I told him I posted on all 3 forums so he knows I'm reporting back to people. Can I get a ruling from a mod?

"Word is that he did indeed hurt himself during the Pats' loss to the Colts"

He had his leg wrapped, nothing new here, move on.

Murmurs and internet musings abounded that Jackson, the Patriots second round pick out of Florida last April, ripped his Achilles' tendon and would miss the 2007 season.

Oh great. Our crap is now the basis for national stories?

Last edited:
The big networks encourage specualtion because they want to be the first to break a story.

Having said that I think his speculation is pretty logical.

If he stretched a ligament, it would heal from rest.

If he tore one, he would have had an operation.

It doesn't matter if it's logical, it's crap. He could have unwrapped his leg and been fine the next week. Also logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes