PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Any idea how he is being used now ? A great pass rusher in the past , now doesnt seem to have to many headlines. Unfortunately i havent been able to watch the last few games .
Anyone observe anything ?

SVN said:
Any idea how he is being used now ? A great pass rusher in the past , now doesnt seem to have to many headlines. Unfortunately i havent been able to watch the last few games .
Anyone observe anything ?
Last game he gave Willie a breather and played OLB.

PatsChick87 said:

And didn't look horrible in doing so, I might add. I think he could fill that backup Willie spot as Colvin did last season pretty well. I'm glad if he's found a niche.

PatsChick87 said:

Plus he's being used on ST's. Another area where the team has improved lately.

One thing I have to say about Chad Brown...

While I am dissapointed his performance hasn't been more impacting, especially earlier in the season when he was getting mroe reps, he has been very gracious and team oriented in every interview I have heard or read...

He says things like, 'Whatever this team needs me to do, I am here to do it", etc., etc., etc...

He musta drank the Kool-Aid!

ADPF

I think this team would optimize him as an excellent 3rd OLB. The experiment of him at ILB was disastrous.

Just watch, this guy will contribute at some point in the playoffs.

Envision everything on the D as a disjointed puzzle with the pieces finally coalescing in a coherent picture. Well, the pieces are now in proper place. The Pats are locked and loaded.

Last edited:
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
One thing I have to say about Chad Brown...

While I am dissapointed his performance hasn't been more impacting, especially earlier in the season when he was getting mroe reps, he has been very gracious and team oriented in every interview I have heard or read...

He says things like, 'Whatever this team needs me to do, I am here to do it", etc., etc., etc...

He musta drank the Kool-Aid!

ADPF

I couldn't agree more. Can't say the same about Monty. Brown should get more playing time these next 2 weeks to keep Willie and Rosie fresh.

IMHO, Brown is as valuable as the third OLB as Colvin was last year, and he should be even better next year. This is just the kind of player we get great value from, a veteran $800K to $1.2M backup.

I think that Brown is more valueable than Beisel, since it is clear that Brown can start if needed. In any case, both should be back as the #5 and #6 linebackers, as the first off the bench outside and inside respectively. As was noted, both are solid special teamers.

We have another three or four linebacker spots for anyone else to compete for. We are set on the a very solid six veterans.

mgteich said:
IMHO, Brown is as valuable as the third OLB as Colvin was last year, and he should be even better next year.
Yeah, I think Brown's only playing time problem is that Willie and Rosey are playing like studs ahead of him.

shmessy said:
I think this team would optimize him as an excellent 3rd OLB. The experiment of him at ILB was disastrous.

Just watch, this guy will contribute at some point in the playoffs.

Envision everything on the D as a disjointed puzzle with the pieces finally coalescing in a coherent picture. Well, the pieces are now in proper place. The Pats are locked and loaded.

dito. especially that he will make a contribution in the playoffs, there always seems to be someone that comes out of no where for the pats when it comes to crunch time.

Certainly can use the depth. The young guys haven't stepped up.

Its started

To say the young guys haven't stepped up is not quite true. Two of the four starting LBs are 30 or younger, and entering their primes. Colvin and Vrabel are not thought of as younger guys, but for Belichick LBs they are, as he wants experience. They should play for a half a decade more.

Chatham showed he could be a spot starter when he filled in that way 2 years ago for a handful of games. But really he shoudn't be starting.
He's also under 30.

We even have some real depth in Besiel, a youngster at ILB and Brown an oldie but goodie as an OLB partime depth. He's even young by comparison with Phife, but Phife was the depth last season.

The rebuilding of the Linebacking corps is well begun, IMHO.

Last edited:
does anyone know what willies contract status here? I wonder how much longer 55 is gonna play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft