PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics vs Lakers Game 4 Thread

ok the out of control celtic layups make me want to throw my laptop out the window.

it's so irritating watching them drive and always throw it up and pray

if the celts were at home they'd be on the foul line.

ok the question is.... do i really give up the next hour and half of my life and lose that sleep to watch this junk?

wow that last 3-pointer..just shows you that the lakers got it tonight..

ok the question is.... do i really give up the next hour and half of my life and lose that sleep to watch this junk?

its an 18 point half time lead...not many teams in the finals come back from that...wait until third to make your decision.

Jeezus, when it comes to whiners, Bryant makes Peyton Manning look like an amateur...and he's pleading with refs like a drama queen after every call. I can see why people who watch basketball don't like him over and above his extra curriculars...

They're still playing like crap, they're getting abused by the refs, and yet - if they had made half the shots they missed in the first quarter this would be a tight game.

Walberg also said the other night that the lighting at Staples is bizarre - almost stage show like - and he thinks it effects visitors shooting perception/percentages. Having to adapt to road lighting might also explain why LA was having such trouble shooting here for the first game and a half.

Ooh, I like it - Stearn addressing Officialgate actually looks nervous. And he should.

Jeezus, when it comes to whiners, Bryant makes Peyton Manning look like an amateur...and he's pleading with refs like a drama queen after every call. I can see why people who watch basketball don't like him over and above his extra curriculars...

They're still playing like crap, they're getting abused by the refs, and yet - if they had made half the shots they missed in the first quarter this would be a tight game.

Walberg also said the other night that the lighting at Staples is bizarre - almost stage show like - and he thinks it effects visitors shooting perception/percentages. Having to adapt to road lighting might also explain why LA was having such trouble shooting here for the first game and a half.

Ooh, I like it - Stearn addressing Officialgate actually looks nervous. And he should.
lol @ blaming the lighting

face it, celtics suck on the road and will more than likely win this series in 7 games

i would love to see that whole thing blow up. i want to see spectar keep crying about spygate with officalgate going on.

Game 2 was 5 games worth of calls going the Celtics' way....

i won't disagree with that. it would be nice to see a game that hardly favored the home team. home teams usually get some calls but this home court advantage is totally lopsided.

how is that not rigging a game?

i hate professional sports, yet ill watch the pats and root for them until the day i die.

how depressing.

why do i feel that everything is rigged?

Last edited:
phil needs to go live with the wolves. the zen master is really tony dungy in disguise.

"if i don't get my way let me complain about the reffing and then i get my way"

surprising kg and pierce havent picked it up and gasol and odom have.

i hate professional sports, yet ill watch the pats and root for them until the day i die.

how depressing.

why do i feel that everything is rigged?

i totally agree with you

Hey face it, the refs suck. Pierce has taken the ball to the hole many times and I don't think he's come away with a foul shot. But that's not the reason the Celtics are losing. They are losing because the Laker's have been aggressive and hit their shots (mostly uncontested too) while the Celtics have been SLOW, unsure of what to do, and missed many shots including lay-ups.

How do you figure? They had 5 fewer fouls called on them then the Lakers.

in the end you need to look at free throws. i don't care about token fould calls that just have the ball come in out of bounds

i totally agree with you

well im glad im not the only one.:)

you really have to hand it to the UFC. I'm not a huge fan by any means, but it's fun to watch, and they seem to make it as legit as humanly possible.

maybe i should start watching that more.

I was reading an interesting article online about online poker rooms with "superuser" accounts (players who can see other players' cards). Basically, these people cheat other honest people out of millions of dollars. Now you have officials and the NBA, and NFL, making certain calls b/c money is involved.

Whenever there is any competition with too much human control, there is betting, and it screws it all up.

Last edited:
Hey face it, the refs suck. Pierce has taken the ball to the hole many times and I don't think he's come away with a foul shot. But that's not the reason the Celtics are losing. They are losing because the Laker's have been aggressive and hit their shots (mostly uncontested too) while the Celtics have been SLOW, unsure of what to do, and missed many shots including lay-ups.

the first 5 minutes and how the game was called set the rest of the game. how many free throws did the lakers get in the first quarter the past two games compared to the celts.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back