PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB / ST player Kyle Arrington re-signs for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, **** me. Pats FO must see something in him that I can't readily see. All I can see are the sporadic lapses in defensive fundamentals. We'll see if he survives the cut to 53.

I'm surprised the Pats value him as high as they do, but with 8.5 million tied up, there's no chance he misses the 53.

:) You are delusional. We just paid Arrington a $6M bonus and guaranteed $2.5M more. He'll be around for four years.

Well, **** me. Pats FO must see something in him that I can't readily see. All I can see are the sporadic lapses in defensive fundamentals. We'll see if he survives the cut to 53.

I'm not really comfortable with him on the field on defense, so year, 4 years/$16 million is overpaid.

It might be...but then again he might be great for the slot and the league seems to be dictating that. Slot CB are becoming a big part of the D now.

I dont know...specific examples might have helped me more than you telling me YOU dont feel comfortable.

Hopefully he's deployed only as a slot CB

Well he plays the slot well and is a very good ST player.

Glad to see the UDFA's who work their butt off get rewarded.

god he will get smoked

That would be the dream scenario. AFC game vs Broncos and getting burned by Wes.

It would be interesting to see how the D would go on about it. Especially with Decker/Thomas, legit receivers on the outside to handle.

Well since grimes and now cason are gone...maybe arrington will start :eek::eek:

:) You are delusional. We just paid Arrington a $6M bonus and guaranteed $2.5M more. He'll be around for four years.

One has to wonder about the age of someone like PP2 when he wonders if a guy who was just handed a $6 million bonus will or won't make the 53 man cut.

God bless the internets.

One has to wonder about the age of someone like PP2 when he wonders if a guy who was just handed a $6 million bonus will or won't make the 53 man cut.

God bless the internets.

I didn't read up on the details of the deal. I only caught the thread title. That being said, my ignore list now includes its first ever mod.

EDIT: looks like I can't put mods on ignore. Good for you, Shmucky.

Ok am I hallucinating..4$ mil a year for Arrington who showed some heart towards the end of the season but sucked not just ass during most of the season but king kong Godzilla sized ass... Just look at the frigging tape with Seattle or any other game, his number showed on almost every terrible play and has been a big part in the team's embarrassing incredible stupid crap pass defense in the last 2 years... You gave this guy 4 mil and offered Welker 6 million who has spilled his guts on the field every game he's ever played with the team.. That's bizzaro world ******ed I just hope you know what you're doing and this becomes a future near term star than I'll eat all my words....good luck with that.

If Welker was worth 6 million to you, he should have been worth 800k.

To be quite honest he's not even that terrible on the outside. When he was kicked out to take Talib's place (and Cole to his position) he did pretty well.

Can you stop stalking me to call me a whiner? Failing to discuss the argument again and just calling me a whiner because I disagree with Bill the GOAT.

Also they could give this much to Arrington and not Welker ? I didn't even want welker but he's worth more than 6 million if arringtonis worth 4

I too grow weary of your whine whine whine.:);):)

In 2010 and 2011 he seemed to hold his own pretty good outside. Not sure what happened last year though.

What do you think of his contract? I think it's interesting how BB values certain players at such a high value that fans and media don't.

What do you think of his contract? I think it's interesting how BB values certain players at such a high value that fans and media don't.

I think Arrington is not worth it. Frankenstein's head has a quicker turning radius and KA makes back breaking PI penalties...the fact that he is apparently better than a scrub doesn't make him worth 6 mil a year by default. BB decided that Welker the 3rd down conversion machine isn't worth 6 but feels KA, the defensive 3rd down conversion allowing player is.

....other than that I have no opinion.

Bedard:
Kyle Arrington received a $6.5 million signing bonus. Should have $2.625 million cap number this year.

Definitely manageable. Something tells me he's only seeing three of those four years.

Bedard:

Definitely manageable. Something tells me he's only seeing three of those four years.

This is what I expected, and its a reasonable nickel corner cap #.

6.5/4=1.625
so he has a 1 mill salary.
I suppose that means the other 1 mill guaranteed is 2014s salary.
That leaves 7.5 mill in salaries for the last 2 years after 2.625 cap #s in year 1 and 2.
Defintiely managable and a safe bet that at least 5 mill is the final year salary, so its actually 3/11, with 9.375 in cap hits and 1.625 left as dead.

I think Arrington is not worth it. Frankenstein's head has a quicker turning radius and KA makes back breaking PI penalties...the fact that he is apparently better than a scrub doesn't make him worth 6 mil a year by default. BB decided that Welker the 3rd down conversion machine isn't worth 6 but feels KA, the defensive 3rd down conversion allowing player is.

....other than that I have no opinion.

In what world was he paid 6 mill a year?

Well, maybe 3, since the salary in year 4 to pump up the AAV may be a built in restructure or get cut number.

Bedard:

WTF cant believe the contract numbers. BB has gone completely off his rocker. Yet another stupid waste of resources. KA sucked in 2012... Lets see how many quality corners sign for much less. BB is a crappy evaluator of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes