PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB / ST player Kyle Arrington re-signs for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BB sees a player that is blue collar and constantly improving. He's an elite "Star" CB and a key contributor on Special Teams. That said, signing Arrington without signing Talib would have been a tragedy. Also, I'm pretty sure this is writing on the wall for Ras-I Dowling unless Ras-I figures out how to play outside...

I too grow weary of your whine whine whine.:);):)

Is this JackBauers troll account? Or are you long lost twins. I grow tired of shots from the kool aid drinkers.

I think that the first three years' compensation is quite reasonable for a nickel back who will play more than half the defensive reps.

With regard to you evaluation, let us separate the fans from the media.

Boston and other New England fans often whine and complain. It is their nature. It is most clear here on this board where we see the evaluations of Arrington, Lloyd and Gregory.

With regard to the media, I've seen lots of shows and lists. Arrington is considered one of the best corners available in the draft. The issue was whether he would get starting pay from a team for which he wanted to play. For example, on NBC's list, Arrington is higher rated prospect than Sanders.

What do you think of his contract? I think it's interesting how BB values certain players at such a high value that fans and media don't.

Double post, can't delete on tapatalk

One thing overlooked is Kyle's durability. Dependable and works hard.

I know KA gets a ton of heat on this board but it's crystal clear that BB sees a ton of value in this kid on the defense and in the kicking game.

I always question Profootballfocus.com, but if that is anywhere near true it's very impressive.

Arrington was targeted 20 times from the slot, allowing just 11 catches for 115 yards, according to ProFootballFocus.com. He gave up just 0.71 yards per cover snap on the inside, good enough for second best in the NFL.

Think of KA this way, if he was coming from another team and the Pats signed him to what they did and he was billed as, "elite slot DB and special teams demon who once led the NFL in INTs", we'd be jumping for joy at this signing.

The only concern is that he will be forced to play on the outside which we all agree is not his strength.

Hes a solid kid, hard worker, has produced and I'm glad hes in the fold.

I like the deal for 2013 and 2014. The last two years would be manageable if we see an increase in the salary cap.

A closer look at the four-year, $16 million contract signed by cornerback Kyle Arrington:

Signing bonus: $6.5 million

Base salary: $1 million (fully guaranteed)
Cap charge: $2.62 million
Incentives: $250,000 (Pro Bowl)

Base salary: $2 million ($1 million guaranteed)
Cap charge: $3.62 million

Base salary: $3 million
Cap charge: $4.625 million

Base salary: $3.5 million
Cap charge: $5.125 million

That contract is a little too rich anyway you look at it.

They don't have enough for Welker or Woody, but can now grossly overpay Arrington?

They don't have enough for Welker or Woody, but can now grossly overpay Arrington?

So Cap, who do you propose we sign with this money that's a better fit and player for his role?

I'm not proposing that Arrington not be re-signed, I'm just suggesting that he could've been re-signed
for much less than he received. I was stunned when I read the details of the contract.

With the difference btwn what he was given and what I would've given him, there would've been enough
remaining to sign Antoine Cason, and resign Woody.

If there is one thing that we should know. This offseason, the team is NOT paying more than they have to. You may think that YOU could have signed Arrington for $1M a year. So what? It's not true. With regard to Welker and Vollmer, if we really wanted them, they would be on the team. We had enough cap room for them plus a pass-rusher.

Believe as you wish. I think that if the offers you suggest were the limits offered to Arrington, he would be playing elsewhere as are Woodhead and Thomas.

...Think of KA this way, if he was coming from another team and the Pats signed him to what they did and he was billed as, "elite slot DB and special teams demon who once led the NFL in INTs", we'd be jumping for joy at this signing...

Arrington's not an elite slot DB.

I'm not proposing that Arrington not be re-signed, I'm just suggesting that he could've been re-signed
for much less than he received. I was stunned when I read the details of the contract.

With the difference btwn what he was given and what I would've given him, there would've been enough
remaining to sign Antoine Cason, and resign Woody.

He was reportedly looking for starting CB money. For what the market has been this year, he seems to have succeeded. Belichick hasn't just been penny wise and pound foolish this year. So far, he's been both penny foolish [highlight]and[/highlight] pound foolish.

On the other hand, you're talking about Antoine Cason. He sucks.

Arrington's not an elite slot DB.

He's not elite..but one of the better ones in the league..someone posted his stats on passes passed his way in the slot..he does very well there

He's not elite..but one of the better ones in the league..someone posted his stats on passes passed his way in the slot..he does very well there

I'm alright with Arrington in the slot, although he got too much money given what the team has paid its other signees. PFF stats have nothing to do with it, though.

He was reportedly looking for starting CB money. For what the market has been this year, he seems to have succeeded. Belichick hasn't just been penny wise and pound foolish this year. So far, he's been both penny foolish [highlight]and[/highlight] pound foolish.

On the other hand, you're talking about Antoine Cason. He sucks.

Cason is a poor example, but I was looking for a recent signee, and at 1 year/$1.5M,
he might've been worth the relatively modest risk. I'm still holding out hope for Antoine
Winfield, a healthy Brent Grimes, or better still - an unretired Chris Gamble.

If there is one thing that we should know. This offseason, the team is NOT paying more than they have to. You may think that YOU could have signed Arrington for $1M a year. So what? It's not true. With regard to Welker and Vollmer, if we really wanted them, they would be on the team. We had enough cap room for them plus a pass-rusher.

Believe as you wish. I think that if the offers you suggest were the limits offered to Arrington, he would be playing elsewhere as are Woodhead and Thomas.

We don't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore