PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB / ST player Kyle Arrington re-signs for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 million per for a 27 year old CB that was pretty much the pats best CB in 2010 and 2011 is a good deal IMO

4 million per for a 27 year old CB that was pretty much the pats best CB in 2010 and 2011 is a good deal IMO

Except he wasn't our best anything in either of those seasons, and even if he were, you don't pay for past performance, you pay for what you expect going forward.

He is our #3 CB, the #3 CB is a starter on our team, so he's being paid as such.

QBs targeting Arrington in the first 8 games:
28/37, 432 yards, 4 TDs, 75.68% completion, 11.68 YPA, 149.83 rating

QBs targeting Arrington in the final 8 regular season games plus 2 playoff games:
23/52, 329 yards, 1 TD, 44.23% completion, 6.33 YPA, 71.71 rating

Arrington played 436 total snaps over the first 8 games and 502 over the next 10. If someone has how many passing play snaps he played, that'd be even better, as my assumption is that a higher percentage of those 502 were passing plays since he was in a subpackage role for 7 of the 10 games.

All stats from Dave Breaks Down Film

Wow those numbers are delicious. The first numbers came when he was starting on the outside if i'm not mistaken,right?

I expected Arrington to get a 3mill a year deal. he is pretty much limited to playing inside, but BB likes the way he does play inside. Apparently BB values the intangibles and his ST ability 25% more than I do.

I expected Arrington to get a 3mill a year deal. he is pretty much limited to playing inside, but BB likes the way he does play inside. Apparently BB values the intangibles and his ST ability 25% more than I do.

Might want to consider how well he played in the slot. The fact he plays well in our system here. Also his ST abilities. Finally what the actual cap numbers are in '13, '14, and '15.

Wow those numbers are delicious. The first numbers came when he was starting on the outside if i'm not mistaken,right?

Pretty much, yes. Once Talib came along, Arrington slid back into the star role, where he's much better suited. If Talib can stay healthy this year and Dennard avoids jail time, we should have a pretty solid trio of CB's for the first time, really, since 2007. Upgrade the pass rush and the defense should be pretty solid (assuming health, of course). It's the WR's that are really worrying me now. The team absolutely has to either go after Sanders or hit on two in the draft.

It's the WR's that are really worrying me now. The team absolutely has to either go after Sanders or hit on two in the draft.

You really think the draft is going to provide the Pats with not one but two WR's that are actually productive (say 90 catches total)?

Sanders only seems possible if the Steelers deal us Sanders for something like a 7th this year and a sliding 3rd thru 6th next year.

I think they'd do better by resigning Lloyd and picking over camp cuts than either of those choics.

The Pats could use another S and CB in the draft, and a DT or a G this year, and the other next year. Not sure BB wants to cough up a 3rd given the draft is promising in the 2nd through late 4th on those positions (not so much the DT - that player would be a project if we wanted a pressure DT).

You really think the draft is going to provide the Pats with not one but two WR's that are actually productive (say 90 catches total)?

Yes. This is a deep year for WR's.

Sanders only seems possible if the Steelers deal us Sanders for something like a 7th this year and a sliding 3rd thru 6th next year.

Unless I missed something, it would take a 3rd to pry Sanders away from the Steelers, assuming they wouldn't be able to match our offer given their cap situation.

I think they'd do better by resigning Lloyd and picking over camp cuts than either of those choics.

I've mentioned elsewhere that I would be all for re-signing Lloyd. This team still needs a Justin Hunter type, though.

The Pats could use another S and CB in the draft, and a DT or a G this year, and the other next year. Not sure BB wants to cough up a 3rd given the draft is promising in the 2nd through late 4th on those positions (not so much the DT - that player would be a project if we wanted a pressure DT).

Safety is still a need, but not as much as it was before after the Wilson signing. A rookie may be able to improve upon what Gregory was or wasn't able to give us. Until we can field an actual capable WR unit, that's the biggest need for the Pats.

Safety is still a need, but not as much as it was before after the Wilson signing. A rookie may be able to improve upon what Gregory was or wasn't able to give us. Until we can field an actual capable WR unit, that's the biggest need for the Pats.

I wouldn't mind:

Offer sheet for Sanders
Re-sign Lloyd and/or Edelman
Draft a WR with either the 1st or 2nd pick, then just use everything else on defense.

I wouldn't mind:

Offer sheet for Sanders
Re-sign Lloyd and/or Edelman
Draft a WR with either the 1st or 2nd pick, then just use everything else on defense.

I would re-sign Edelman just for his PR expertise. He's a decent back-up to Amendola who, history says, could miss a couple of games due to injury. I would love a Sanders signing but, if they don't, the draft is deep with WR's. The only issue is that the team would absolutely have to hit on two, and both if them would need to be able to contribute immediately. This offense is the most complex offense in the NFL, so it might be better to sign Sanders to an offer sheet, bring him over, re-sign Lloyd and Edelman, and draft a guy like Justin Hunter so you're minimizing the chances that the team will be lacking at WR in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick