PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB / ST player Kyle Arrington re-signs for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you stop stalking me to call me a whiner? Failing to discuss the argument again and just calling me a whiner because I disagree with Bill the GOAT.

Also they could give this much to Arrington and not Welker ? I didn't even want welker but he's worth more than 6 million if arringtonis worth 4

It's not really stalking when you insist on posting with the same same crappy attitude in every single thread (like crying about Sanders based on his lack of height, when in reality there is no such issue). Plenty of people disagree with BB's decisions all the time, so I really don't think that's the problem.

Your argument will have validity if:

A.) The Patriots don't bring back/replace Talib
B.) Dennard is, shockingly, spending the entire season at the ironbar hotel
C.) Dennard goes in the tank on year 2
D.) No depth CB is brought in due to cap issues.

Time will tell. Frankly, getting two more outside CBs, moving Dennard into the slot and having Arrington as an overpriced CB4 seems a lot better to me than what's been done in recent years.

IMO, Dennard is too young and talented not to start on the outside. He was great his rookie year. Besides Talib/Asomugha, I'd rather him starting than any CB left on the market.

You guys are missing the main point of this offseason. BB azz kissers get paid, free thinking idividuals get shown the exit door.

Fine well see. But if talib isn't brought back what do you think the secondary will look like ? I'm not a fan of drafting a Cb again in round 1/2 we've done that for like 5 years now

Looks like we are heading in that direction. Maybe the guy who was suspended from LSU? Value pick, right?

It's not really stalking when you insist on posting with the same same crappy attitude in every single thread (like crying about Sanders based on his lack of height, when in reality there is no such issue). Plenty of people disagree with BB's decisions all the time, so I really don't think that's the problem.

Oh I'm sorry that my attitude isn't acceptable. I'm disagreeing with the move, I can't so that ? This isn't overpay ? Seems like the majority think it is here. Also there is no lack of height for sanders ? He's 5-11? That's tall? Then amendola is tall too?

Fine well see. But if talib isn't brought back what do you think the secondary will look like ? I'm not a fan of drafting a Cb again in round 1/2 we've done that for like 5 years now

Talib
Winfield
Asomugha
Shields (RFA)
Hall
Grimes
S. Brown
P. Jones
Newman

All those, and many more, are still on the market.

Looks like we are heading in that direction. Maybe the guy who was suspended from LSU? Value pick, right?

I thought he was suited to the slot more. I was joking with my friend that we wouldn't be drafting honey badger now because he told NFL Network about our interest in him and how we interviewed him. Told my friend well go scramble to keep Arrington. And what do you know overpaid Arrington 12 hours later.

You guys are missing the main point of this offseason. BB azz kissers get paid, free thinking idividuals get shown the exit door.

You're just as bad, if not worse, than B2M, so no, it's really only one specific breed of poster. You all aren't the first and you won't be the last.

IMO, Dennard is too young and talented not to start on the outside. He was great his rookie year. Besides Talib/Asomugha, I'd rather him starting than any CB left on the market.

Not me. If we can play the fantasy game, give me Grimes and Shields, and I'll be thrilled to have Dennard in the slot.

I do like what I saw from Dennard last year, though. The kid showed a willingness to fight that we haven't seen in years.

Talib
Winfield
Asomugha
Shields (RFA)
Hall
Grimes
S. Brown
P. Jones
Newman

All those, and many more, are still on the market.

If they can haul talib and one of Nnamdi and grimes I'd be happy. I just think they could have hauled in Talib plus Keenan or Smith for the same price or similar.

I thought he was suited to the slot more. I was joking with my friend that we wouldn't be drafting honey badger now because he told NFL Network about our interest in him and how we interviewed him. Told my friend well go scramble to keep Arrington. And what do you know overpaid Arrington 12 hours later.

I heard part of his interview, he sounds like an outside CB to me. He has got to spend time in the gym though.

Wasting dollars on mediocre players. Oh yeahhhh.

Can we petition to ban this tool anytime soon? He does nothing but spam threads with negativity all day long.

So tired of these posters. You sound like a Jests fan.

You're just as bad, if not worse, than B2M, so no, it's really only one specific breed of poster. You all aren't the first and you won't be the last.

Boo hoo I'd rather be critical than a BB apologist.

Can we petition to ban this tool anytime soon? He does nothing but spam threads with negativity all day long.

I was waiting to be called a Jets fan. Is that all you can resort to when someone doesn't think something's a good move ? How am I even spamming I just state my opinion then get blasted to hell by BB apologists

Oh I'm sorry that my attitude isn't acceptable. I'm disagreeing with the move, I can't so that ? This isn't overpay ? Seems like the majority think it is here.

Given that no one has seen the structure of the contract and the wisdom of the signing is largely predicated on what other moves they make to shore up the position, I think the jury's out.

That said, it's less about your posts in this thread than just a general unrelenting negativity that is, frankly, tedious.

Also there is no lack of height for sanders ? He's 5-11? That's tall? Then amendola is tall too?

You are aware there's a pretty significant middle ground that exists between tall and short?

Have pen in hand. Where do I sign? The Fellowship of the Miserable.

Given that no one has seen the structure of the contract and the wisdom of the signing is largely predicated on what other moves they make to shore up the position, I think the jury's out.

That said, it's less about your posts in this thread than just a general unrelenting negativity that is, frankly, a chore.

You are aware there's a pretty significant middle ground that exists between tall and short?

For a "wide" receiver he's on the smallish side you can agree with that I think ?

The contract is half guaranteed so how much wiggle room is there in terms of structuring? Deus pointed out with league minimum salaries its 10 million.

I'm only this way because of a chronic lack of addressing needs that have haunted my favorite team for 5 years. Ill laud any move that is a legitimate attempt to address the WR, CB, and Pass rush issues. Sanders might be a good move. I don't think freeney or Abraham will legitimately solve anything.

Or the market for Talib is much softer than we think while the market for Arrington was much stronger than we think so they wanted to get Arrington wrapped up knowing they could wait on Talib.

We really don't know the whole story at all, except that the only team other than New England to show interest in Talib is a team with cap issues.
I agree we don't know the whole story and probably never will. I was just throwing darts at the board. That $4M per for Arrington could signify a lot things. For starters, it could've been around market value for him or the team believes he's an exceptional slot corner (which he can be at times) and is paying him as such.

Just like slot receivers, slot corners are an entirely different position than outside corners and need to be treated with varying degrees of differences. That could probably be Belichick's process here among other things.

I was waiting to be called a Jets fan. Is that all you can resort to when someone doesn't think something's a good move ? How am I even spamming I just state my opinion then get blasted to hell by BB apologists

You're the first "fan" I've referred to as Jets fan. It's pathetic reading your posts in every thread. You're the definition of a misanthrope when it comes to anything Pats related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick