PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casserly reiterates Brady is doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only was Curran very defensive about his report on Pats All Access...he also did not mention his anonymous source at all...he said that he arrived at his conclusion based on "mathematical" logic. i.e. Brady had to be behind b/c of the infection etcetera. But we already knew that. Of course Brady is behind relative to if he had never had an infection. But Curran made it sound like it was new information and another setback in his article. I dont think he ever had a source. He thought he was being more clever than everyone.

I can't remember if Curran cited an anonymous source originally.

If he did, it may be now he thinks he may have been used for misinformation.

The Patriots need to at least make it plausible that they are tagging Cassel because of concerns over Brady's ability to play next year.

Curran's report assists in that. Whether Curran got used or just inadvertantly helped them, it almost doesn't matter. If there was a source who used Curran that bridge is burned, but there's always other sources to channel information from.

On WEEI this AM Felgie was commenting on Tomase's latest Herald snipet where the fat boy from Tufts reiterated Curran's points. Felgis stated that Curran's reports were based on his unique access to actual medical reports and facts while those saying Brady is on schedule (Silver, Casserly, etc.) are just parroting their inside the Patriots and therefore agenda biased sources.

Sigh...I hate that his name is associated with the school lol. Tony Mas and Tomase, a great legacy for the journalism program

Sigh...I hate that his name is associated with the school lol. Tony Mas and Tomase, a great legacy for the journalism program

I'm a Tufts BSEE grad myself :mad:

Anyhow, my opinion of Curran/Felgie/Tomasse matches pretty much with what the sane posters here posted...

1. Curran's likely source is a disgruntled Patriots medical person
2. No actual medical 'records' were most likely viewed per-se, but 2nd hand info and comments to Curran from the source, still not kosher BTW
3. What's damning of Curran, Tomasse et. al. is their vague timeline baseline. They're journalists. Why can't they be clear and precise regarding behind 'what' schedule?
4. It's that very imprecision that allows them to spin later that they were 'right'. Also damning.
5. Curran et. al. are projecting likely worst case scenarios and timeframes. Sure it IS possible that he might need additional or repeat surgery. Possible does not mean likely.
6. The facts are, nobody, not even Brady's physicians KNOW when he'll be 'football ready' although those physicians do have a good idea of where he stands and the remaining risk scenarios and probabilities.

Last edited:
The question has never been whether Tom Brady can walk or run or play QB. The question is whether he has the strength and acceleration for the quick step, or the quick side-step, that prevents him from getting sacked, and can wait for the last second to throw and complete a pass.

Its the difference from the Tom Brady throwing 4 TDs and never getting touched; or the same Tom Brady sacked repeatedly by the Giants in the Superbowl.

We saw both Tom Bradys. In the Giant's game it was the Offensive line and early injuries to Stephen Neal and Kevin Faulk. But a lead-footed, not-yet-fully-healed, Brady would resemble the same Giant's game Tom Brady.

Last edited:
The question has never been whether Tom Brady can walk or run or play QB. The question is whether he has the strength and acceleration for the quick step, or the quick side-step, that prevents him from getting sacked, and can wait for the last second to throw and complete a pass.

Its the difference from the Tom Brady throwing 4 TDs and never getting touched; or the same Tom Brady sacked repeatedly by the Giants in the Superbowl.

We saw both Tom Bradys. In the Giant's game it was the Offensive line and early injuries to Stephen Neal and Kevin Faulk. But a lead-footed, not-yet-fully-healed, Brady would resemble the same Giant's game Tom Brady.

No one knows anything and won't until training camp, if they do then. Curran didn't mention a setback, so he's just saying what we already know, massive injury with an infection.

I think Casserly's just full of crap and trying to make himself sound relevant (since no one in the NFL will hire him).

What knowledge, what schedule? There's been one setback due to infection and a possible too early surgery.

No news is good news, training camp and the season will tell. It's a long rehabilitation and they can only take it a day at a time once training camp starts.

I am discounting everything I read or hear about TB's recovery. The Pats have no incentive to let other teams, and even Matt Cassel, know where things really stand. So, I think we can assume that the Pats might tell one reporter that he is doing well and then have someone not part of the organization leak it to another reporter ("off the record") that he's having problems.

It's really simple. Ignore the speculation and reports and focus on the obvious facts. Should the Patriots trade Cassel and not sign a viable replacement, Brady will be ready for '09. If Cassel stays beyond the deadline to remove the tag and no other viable signing is made (although that could be debated based on the fact they went with Cassel before the start of last season), then it's clear Brady may not be ready in time for '09. I think we probably won't have a real answer until we see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
It's really simple. Ignore the speculation and reports and focus on the obvious facts. Should the Patriots trade Cassel and not sign a viable replacement, Brady will be ready for '09. If Cassel stays beyond the deadline to remove the tag and no other viable signing is made (although that could be debated based on the fact they went with Cassel before the start of last season), then it's clear Brady may not be ready in time for '09. I think we probably won't have a real answer until we see how it all plays out.

Yah. I think that's on target. In the meantime, everything else is just rumor, speculation or misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back