PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAndre Hopkins is available

The draft classes seem to be brimming with WR talent . take another swing at WR in 1st or second round. Eventually we will get it right . Do it within top 40 and don't wait for 45. Move up using our 2nd and 3rd to get a marquee player if available.

Problem is every draft we tend to take the only receiver who can't play. I mean look at all the guys we took N'keal harry over...

As for people balking at Hopkins money. We are paying Jonnu smith/Agholor combined $32 million a year....or you can have Hopkins for that. who would you rather have?

But value!!

Problem is every draft we tend to take the only receiver who can't play. I mean look at all the guys we took N'keal harry over...

As for people balking at Hopkins money. We are paying Jonnu smith/Agholor combined $32 million a year....or you can have Hopkins for that. who would you rather have?

But value!!
I felt it was a big gamble by Bill which did not work . He felt he would get maximum value and though coaching can turn anyone into a diamond.

I am worried about hopkins age and WR regress big time around 31 /32. Last thing we want is to be saddles with another 25 million on unproductive receivers.

If at all we need to pay, it should just be for Higgins . If the FA WR class is weak this year , let's not overpay and get someone else in hurry. Last thing we want is to make another sanu trade .

If we get a decent OT in FA then we can either get Mayers the TE dude I. First round or possibly Quentin Johnson and pray that it works out .

We should not pick up Hunter Henry's contract for this year . He is not producing at 13 million dollar level and Jonnu is a sunk cost . Nobody would even want him . Just clear the books and provide play time to younger players so that they grow this year . I am hoping Nixon can have a breakout year this year and become the slot receiver we wanted. If we can keep Meyers at 10-11 let's do that .

I don't want to give up a high draft pick for a 31 year old receiver we might get 2 good years out of. I want someone young who can, in theory, grow with Mac. Ideally that is why we should draft a receiver but we have seen how that works out. A couple years ago we were in prime position to move up and grab Justin Jefferson but instead traded back into the second. I just don't know if Bill values that position enough.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back