PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel with 6 interceptions in 2 days at camp - Working his way out of New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cassel with 6 interceptions in 2 days at camp - Working his way out of New Englan

Can we agree that if Brady (God forbid) goes down for any real length of time, this team would STRUGGLE to make the playoff's.

Sorry. Last time I checked, every division winner makes the playoffs. Have you seen the other QBs in the AFC East? Cassel would certainly not be outclassed by that group.

Re: Cassel with 6 interceptions in 2 days at camp - Working his way out of New Englan

I'm not saying 6 INTs is good, but haven't they been working on QB drills where they're throwing a lot of passes in pressure situations?

That drill itself is conducive to INTs, and especially early in camp, seeing QBs make mistakes in such a situation wouldn't be unexpected. The goal of the drill is to force them to make mistakes and then correct such tendencies.

I was at the practice last night and it seems that the INT on the pass over the middle was not Cassel's fault. It was pretty obvious the receiver was not where he was supposed to be. That is the problem with working on 2nd team; you are not throwing to Moss, Welker,etc. Having said that, the corners (both 1st and 2nd team) looked fantastic. Nice surprise to have that kind of performance so far in camp. Anyways, the proof will be in the pudding and I for one will reserve judgement on everything until the first 2 pre-season games are over.

Sorry. Last time I checked, every division winner makes the playoffs. Have you seen the other QBs in the AFC East? Cassel would certainly not be outclassed by that group.

IMO, Trent Edwards is better than Cassell. If we were talking about the rest of the division, you'd be making a great point.

IMO, Trent Edwards is better than Cassell. If we were talking about the rest of the division, you'd be making a great point.

But is he so much better than Cassel that it levels the playing field in the division? That was my point. I think the Pats should make the playoffs with just about anyone at QB, but a Brady injury would likely derail their championship hopes.

For the love of God, beleive it or not, not everything in Patsland smells like roses. Imagine that! LOL!

Can we agree that if Brady (God forbid) goes down for any real length of time, this team would STRUGGLE to make the playoff's.
I know folks are ganging up on you, but I have to say your comment disses the tremendous level of talent that is the rest of the team. The defense looks to be better than last year and the offense has an awful lot of firepower.

Belichick would ask only that the QB manage a ball-control offense, which those RBs and quick WRs and talented TEs could certainly do. The talent on the team most certainly starts with Brady, but it doesn't end there.

ummmm...Dug this up from a few days ago to answer my own question..

YES - Cassel blows!!!!! - See ya in the AFL where the rejected pathetic NFL players go

Power up the Wayback Machine and we go back a couple years where PatsFans were looking to groom and trade Cassie for an early Day One pick. Both assessments are over reactions even conceding that he was excerable tonite.

Think for a moment people...just how good did the Ravens #1 pick at QB look tonight??? Against the Home Depot scrubs in the 4th QTR too.

Power up the Wayback Machine and we go back a couple years where PatsFans were looking to groom and trade Cassie for an early Day One pick. Both assessments are over reactions even conceding that he was excerable tonite.

Probably the best comment that I've seen on the board tonight.

Although its not entirely fair to judge his play with Moss and Welker on the sidelines I think Cassel played himself off the team tonight.

Probably the best comment that I've seen on the board tonight.

I was one of them. :mad:
Well, I thought we'd get a 4th round pick or somesuch. Go figure.

Last edited:

You could have put last years all-star WR team together at the disposal of Cassel and he still would have thrown the ball right into an opposing LBs numbers

You could have put last years all-star WR team together at the disposal of Cassel and he still would have thrown the ball right into an opposing LBs numbers

His INT was because the WR did not read blitz and cut the route short. Brady would have thrown a pick and blown a fuse.

Yeah.... BB has kept him around for 3 years, but you're far better at this stuff than he is. You should really get yourself a job running a team.

I agree. He just hasn't been in any type of pressure situation in a long time. Even it's in some college pickup game. He just won't get it done whenever he feels the heat coming in. It's not his fault, he just doesn't have the experience. These non QB contact practices don't help either.

I would dump Gutierrez before I dumped Cassell ... more than a few here disagreed with me on that. Thing is at least Cassell can throw the sideline pass and Gootz cannot. If you can't throw the sideline pass you have nothing to offer in this league.

Think for a moment people...just how good did the Ravens #1 pick at QB look tonight??? Against the Home Depot scrubs in the 4th QTR too.

To be fair, I thought it was an awful pick at the time. Flacco shouldn't have sniffed the first round. I think Baltimore has another QB bust on their hands.

Yeah.... BB has kept him around for 3 years, but you're far better at this stuff than he is. You should really get yourself a job running a team.

If I did, it sure would not be with this loser - BB had Chad Brown on his team more than once - He had Duane Starks - Monte Beisel - so far a worthless Chad Jackson and on and on

BB makes mistakes like all head coaches do - just not as many as some others in the NFL ,Some of you morons here think he is god and can not make blunders - Well he does and those names prove it.

With Brady there was no real reason other than injury to worry for the past few years but with the OL this year he better have a capable backup in there if and when Brady gets killed in the pocket - So many think the OL will be as good and as ready when the regular season starts,other than the excellent coaching staff to teach them you can't coach talent - either you have it or you don't and lets hope they get thier BS together and at least get healthy where some guys are not.

Last edited:

I would dump Gutierrez before I dumped Cassell ... more than a few here disagreed with me on that. Thing is at least Cassell can throw the sideline pass and Gootz cannot. If you can't throw the sideline pass you have nothing to offer in this league.

I haven't watched Gutz closely enough to tell, but if that's so BB won't bother keeping him. Arguing in your favor was Gutz's flaccid **** pass that went for a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back