PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel: what we've seen so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tarded

07 Vet TB (w/ 3 SB rings) with Moss and Welker AND undefeated season = No Ring.

1-We didn't have 'easy' schedule.
2-We made it to SB.
2-How about a nearly 'perfect' season with new NFL records?

A 4 year system QB can't lead the team to the playoff with Mos and Welker and EASY SCHEDULE and he is TERRIFIC?

What are you whining about now? It's not like you ever expected this team to go anywhere but Detroitville with Matt Cassel and now you are mad because they may not make the playoffs?

Of course, I am when Cassel INHERITED #1 last year O group while he has been here for 4 years.

Are you happy when your team doesn't make it to playoff?

In deference to the wisdom of Deus Irae, I must now consign you to the sad and pathetic list of individuals who confuse horsehide and pigskin when shooting hoops from the blue line.

You can't argue and it's the reason you 'hide'.

1-We didn't have 'easy' schedule.
2-We made it to SB.
2-How about a nearly 'perfect' season with new NFL records?

A 4 year system QB can't lead the team to the playoff with Mos and Welker and EASY SCHEDULE and he is TERRIFIC?

No Ring is No Ring.

And I'm pretty sure after four years of med school no one heads into a surgery theatre alone to remove a brain tumour.

We've done better than you predicted and worse than you wanted and it's got your panties knotted up so tight you can taste your as$hole.

Careful, NEPatriot may accuse you of showing off your "Mascular Intellecture"

* see Political thread...we dont know what he means when he threw that out over there..

Careful, NEPatriot may accuse you of showing off your "Mascular Intellecture"

* see Political thread...we dont know what he means when he threw that out over there..

you need to SPELL it right. MUSCULAR;)

No Ring is No Ring.

And I'm pretty sure after four years of med school no one heads into a surgery theatre alone to remove a brain tumour.

What will happen if we haven't done better with an 'easy' schedule?

it's got your panties knotted up so tight you can taste your as$hole

it's the only hole where Cassel's supporters are staying.

Did you happen to think this particular retort through? :confused:

I'll bet he didn't.:D
I mean, I wouldn't have said it.:snob:

What is with this "4 year system QB"?? The guy never started until this year. He never started a game in his life other than high school. If you have Verne Troyer holding a clip board for 4 years behind TB, do you expect him to be a 4 year system QB? It doesnt matter how many years you are as a backup, you will not be that good unless you have experience. Matt Cassel is doing a good job with all things considered. He played a bad game as do every QB. What did Favre do yesterday????

Cassel is a scrub. Hopefully we could get a 3rd round pick for him now.

You are so dumb its not even funny. Honestly you are ******ed. Chad Jackson didn't do **** and had all the potential in the world. Which means he wasn't a hard worker, a slacker, and most importantly not a Belichick player.

Cassel threw 400 yards in back to back games...if you noticed it was the SECOND time he has played them. You'r going to struggle when you have never ever seen a defense that is as confusing and talented as the Steelers for the first time. Cassel is a very bright QB and if they played the Steelers again, it would be a much closer game.

I think Matt Cassel has all the potential in the world, just give him time and a quality team and he will shine in this league. Look at Brady's 01 numbers and compare them to Cassel's numbers this year. They are very similar and if we win out they would have both posted 11-5 records. The only difference is that we have better offensive weapons now, but 01 had a much, much better defense.

Cassel threw 400 yards in back to back games

If you want to brag about his greatest accomplishment, he didn't throw 400 yards against Colts, Chargers, and Steelers.

People would be impressed if he did that to above mentioned teams.

What is with this "4 year system QB"?? The guy never started until this year. He never started a game in his life other than high school.

Geez...I wonder why.

If you have Verne Troyer holding a clip board for 4 years behind TB, do you expect him to be a 4 year system QB? It doesnt matter how many years you are as a backup, you will not be that good unless you have experience. Matt Cassel is doing a good job with all things considered. He played a bad game as do every QB.

I hope that he learns a lot from his failure here because it is going to be his last NFL career. If he doesn't succeed here, i doubt that he will succeed elsewhere.

What did Favre do yesterday????

his team will be in the playoff while we are struggling. Yes, we are 1 game behind them.

If you want to brag about his greatest accomplishment, he didn't throw 400 yards against Colts, Chargers, and Steelers.

People would be impressed if he did that to above mentioned teams.

Well I think this is the BIGGEST point.......Listen, NO ONE should be looking past the "balls" and fire that Cassel has shown this year......He is a decent backup QB that was thrust into a media windstorm this year.....and he has done a great job in dealing with that.....

He has played BRILLIANTLY against the not so great defenses......and pretty darned BAD against the GOOD defenses.......What ELSE would you expect from him? I think the sad thing for Cassel is that TOO many people started hopping on the Matt Cassel express expecting him to be the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.......Well, I think we have seen by Matt's play against tough competition......that that is NOT going to happen.....and sadly for Matt,.....after everyone was talking about how he should get a multi-million dollar....multi year deal by some NFL team this FA....he goes out and has a game like this past one.......Most GM's probably fell off the radar this weekend......

Anyways,.....Hats off to Matt Cassel....and I mean that with all sincerity.....He has been an admirable guy this year......took the reigns and has done the best he can,.......to the BEST of HIS ability..........Best of luck to him no matter where he goes from here.......

He has played BRILLIANTLY against the not so great defenses......and pretty darned BAD against the GOOD defenses.......What ELSE would you expect from him? I think the sad thing for Cassel is that TOO many people started hopping on the Matt Cassel express expecting him to be the next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.......Well, I think we have seen by Matt's play against tough competition......that that is NOT going to happen.....and sadly for Matt,.....after everyone was talking about how he should get a multi-million dollar....multi year deal by some NFL team this FA....he goes out and has a game like this past one.......Most GM's probably fell off the radar this weekend......

This may be the most short-sighted comment I've seen in this thread. You are basically saying that a QB's first year is indicative of how he will play the rest of his career.

As I pointed out in another thread, any competent GM is going to look at everything, not merely how he did against the #1 defense in what is probably the worst weather he's ever had to play football in. Nobody has to do that several times a season--and if Cassel did have to play them again, I'm pretty sure he'll fare better than he did the first time around.

Geez...I wonder why.

I hope that he learns a lot from his failure here because it is going to be his last NFL career. If he doesn't succeed here, i doubt that he will succeed elsewhere.

his team will be in the playoff while we are struggling. Yes, we are 1 game behind them.

Thats because he is a backup to Tom Brady.

He will be a starter next year somewhere else. He is currently ranked #9 amongst other NFL QB's. Check it out for yourself on NFL.com

Thats not the point. What did Farve do yesterday?

So basically your saying all our losses are Cassel's fault?

This may be the most short-sighted comment I've seen in this thread. You are basically saying that a QB's first year is indicative of how he will play the rest of his career.

You need to look at Atlanta 'rookie' QB Matt Ryan who SCORED 26 pts against CHARGERS last.

Did Cassel, 4 year system guy, do that? NO.

You can blame on the D all years long but your QB has to score some points.

Thats because he is a backup to Tom Brady.

He will be a starter next year somewhere else. He is currently ranked #9 amongst other NFL QB's. Check it out for yourself on NFL.com

It doesn't matter whether you are a backup or rookie QB. When your team NEEDs you, you HAVE TO STEP UP and MAKE PLAY. It's that simple.

Did you look at Atlanta rookie QB? He scored 26 pts AGAINST CHARGERS last week. Did Cassel do that? No

You would think that he LEARNED something from TB while he was holding the clipboard? Not much.

Thats not the point. What did Farve do yesterday?

1-His team will be in playoff.
2- He will be in HALL OF FAME.
3-His team is ahead of us.

What happens to Cassel and his team?

1-Cassel will never be in Hall of Fame.
2- We loose our AFC EAST title.
3-Our playoff is really shaky.

So basically your saying all our losses are Cassel's fault?

You will never be a good QB if you only score less than 18 pts AGAINST a good D team.

It doesn't matter whether you are a backup or rookie QB. When your team NEEDs you, you HAVE TO STEP UP and MAKE PLAY. It's that simple.

Did you look at Atlanta rookie QB? He scored 26 pts AGAINST CHARGERS last week. Did Cassel do that? No

You would think that he LEARNED something from TB while he was holding the clipboard? Not much.

1-His team will be in playoff.
2- He will be in HALL OF FAME.
3-His team is ahead of us.

What happens to Cassel and his team?

1-Cassel will never be in Hall of Fame.
2- We loose our AFC EAST title.
3-Our playoff is really shaky.

You will never be a good QB if you only score less than 18 pts AGAINST a good D team.

What did Favre do on Sunday is the question? I dont care what he has accomplished throughout his 17 year career. He laid an egg just like Cassel. Dont compare Ryan with Cassel. Ryan at least played games last year at BC and Cassel road the pine. Did Ryan have back to back 400 yard games? Everyone was up Cassel's jock when that happened. Now he has a bad game and you want to throw him under the bus. Its football. Do I need to refresh your memory of the 2001 Denver game? I believe TB had 4 int. I would have love to see what everyone wrote about him on this board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back