PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel: what we've seen so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will never be a good QB if you only score less than 18 pts AGAINST a good D team.[/QUOTE]

Oh? Like TB in the SB against the Giants? In perfect weather?

Come on. Sure there was a rush to the MC bandwagon after his two 400 yard games. But, after one bad game, you're over-reacting in the other direction. Cassel may never be in the HOF, but it's way too early to write his obituary in the NFL. And if you think other GMs have lost interest after the Pitt game, you're deluding yourself. They recognize his upside even if armchair all-pros on this board don't.

Throw in two blatant Moss drops, one in the end zone and one en route to the end zone that could have spotted the Pats 14 points to weather the storm rather than leaving them trailing by 2 scores. Add blind side strips/hits Light's side that maybe only Brady of all NFL QBs could have avoided. Throw in a drop by Gaffney and special team gift wrap of a TD to the Steelers.

Frankly, I will not join the Cassel for Brady cult, but I will not be putting the emphasis of the blame on him for this. He was the least of the concerns. Certainly some bad throws, but not so many that he cost the Pats a shot at winning the game.

This game was reminiscent of the 2005 playoff loss in Denver, bad weather, turnovers and including Watson running down the interception return at the goal line. Brady couldn't stop the bleeding then, either. This was not a QB loss, it was a legitimate team loss in all three phases of the game. I still believe Cassel gets a big payday if the Pats make the playoffs, more if he can win a playoff game. I hope he makes his money.

Best Analysis! This was Cassell's first game under bad weather. It is ridiculous to see those who blame all on Cassell. Yeah, it was Cassell who dropped the passes, who missed the kickoff catch, who failed to pass block, on and on and on.

Steelers happened to be a better team at that particular night in that they controlled the ball better and stepped up bigger in pass rush than we did, under the same bad weather condition. That's it!

C'mon, fellas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back