PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Casey Hampton & Co. feels Pittsburgh was 'cheated' for team of the decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who Favre was rooting for

that's easy...himself of course

This is a stupid argument. Now that the decade is finally over (2010 is the final year of the decade and yesterday's Super Bowl is still considered the 2010 season) I think the Steelers would have a reasonable complaint if they won yesterday. They would have tied the Patriots at 3-3 in Super Bowl Championships - and all I care about is championships so the Patriots get not bonus points for make a 4th Super Bowl and losing it.

IMHO, that would have given us a tie for team of the decade. But Pittsburgh lost. So the final score is:

NE - 3
Pitt - 2
Tampa, Indy, NYG, NO, GB - 1

Mr. Hampton, thy bitterness is to me as the sweetest wine :D

Any fan, player, writer or whomever that thinks the Patriots were the ONLY team taping and stealing signals to some degree is either naive or just plain stupid.

Last edited:
He needs a diaper change and a fresh bottle.

Last edited:
I don't think Casey Hampton has been cheated out of anything, including any meals.

The fact the Packers won the superbowl in Favre's last season(?) will hurt his legacy even more. I wonder who Favre was rooting for
Considering he was rooting for the Bears to knock the Packers out of the playoffs earlier this season, I would say it's a given he was rooting for the Steelers. If nothing else he and Ben have some common interests.

Also, don't forget two years ago when he was giving Matt Millen advice on how the Lions might be able to beat Green Bay.

So I would agree with Joker that he was probably rooting for himself - and the way to accomplish that was to root against the Packers.

Is Favre Rooting for the Bears? - WBAY-TV Green Bay-Fox Cities-Northeast Wisconsin News
Chicago Bears STH Blog | Brett Favre rooting for the Bears to beat the Packers - BearsSTH
It's fitting the Chicago Bears had to go through Brett Favre to win the NFC North - ESPN Chicago
Favre to Peppers: “Beat the Packers” | ProFootballTalk

I don't think Casey Hampton has been cheated out of anything, including any meals.

Any Steeler player who got a ring for the Super Bowl against the Seahawks should be legally, and permanently, barred from complaining about ever being "cheated" out of anything.

Last edited:
Any Steeler player who got a ring for the Super Bowl against the Seahawks should be legally, and permanently, barred from complaining about ever being "cheated" out of anything.

Yeah. Obviosuly not quite to that level but there were some extremely questionable calls vs AZ.

Green Bay cheated on Sunday by scoring too many points.

Steelers should have gotten #7 let's cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back