PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton to have ankle surgery

Re: OT: Panters QB Cam Newton to have ankle surgery

Here's the new Panthers offense

76920_1224298379639_260_197.jpg

Now that little boy's sister will be crying too!

This is disastrous. Now how will Cam build chemistry in the offseason with all of his receiv-- oh wait...

In other news, the Panthers General Manager will be undergoing brain surgery for allowing all the unrestricted free agent wide receivers from the Carolina Panthers roster to depart.

Doctors Howard, Fine, Howard will be performing the surgery.

Three stooges Dr Howard Dr Fine Dr Howard - YouTube

I am sure things are not that bad but from the outside their QB is having surgery and there is a mass exodus of skill that is a stock I would SELL! SELL! SELL!

I am sure Cam will be fine and they will field a team that maybe takes a step back but they will still be good and a few moves or good draft picks and they will replace the WRs that left.

I followed the Panthers pretty closely this season, partly because I like watching Newton play and partly because I had him in three fantasy leagues. It goes without saying that he was excellent, and had the most efficient season of his career, but it did seem that as a runner he was a little off compared to 2012. A bit slower and a bit easier to bring down. I wonder if this had anything to do with it.

I'm still about as high on Cam as any non-Panthers fan reasonably can be, but it was a foregone conclusion that they were going to regress in 2014. Anyone who was familiar with their cap situation knew that.

He's out a few months during the offseason. Big whoop.
A "few months" is a lot when there's under four months left before camp.

A few months (4) IS a big deal. With FA losses his WR corps will be pretty much all new and he will miss all the OTAs, etc. We have people here (correctly) saying it's a good thing when TFB works out off season with certain wideouts but that won't be happening with Cam. With good health he'll just make the start of training camp. That assumes nothing gets delayed health wise. Not good at all for Panthers offense for the 1st QTR season. Do folks think that Cam can pick up with a new receiver corps on the fly better than Brady could? It's a big issue.

"ankle surgery" is Panther code for hysterectomy.

Cam has needed one since his first game.

Steve Smith really must have been one hell of a distraction for him not to be worth bringing back. Going to be a rough season for the panthers with an all new wide out corps with little time to work with Cam.

Breaking: "Gettleman to cut Cam Newton and the entire Panthers defense. Says cap situation will be fantastic! Gives himself a raise. Says he wants to start building from the top. The very top."

Maybe I'm being obtuse, but why wait so long to have surgery?

Should have had it as soon as the season ended....Aaron Dobson included.

Are they in denial??

Just a random thought . . . this is one of the few times I've seen a clearly OT thread marked as non-OT. :)

Maybe I'm being obtuse, but why wait so long to have surgery?

Should have had it as soon as the season ended....Aaron Dobson included.

Are they in denial??

As with Dobson the medical advice was to wait and see if it heals, then if not healing, surgery.

Only fans are omniscient on these issues.

The panthers will have all new receivers with no time to work with their quarterback. Yes, it is a big whoop.

He's out a few months during the offseason. Big whoop.

Steve Smith really must have been one hell of a distraction for him not to be worth bringing back. Going to be a rough season for the panthers with an all new wide out corps with little time to work with Cam.

I hear Santonio Holmes is available :rocker:

To complete the tragedy they are not drafting in the top 10 anymore, let's see how that is gonna turn out.

I think they should acquire new picks, so my suggestion is trade Kuechly for our 7th round pick

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back