PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would You Take QB Anthony Richardson if he’s there at #46 ?

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
So, Richardson is just a different kind of QB. He’s explosive as both a runner and a passer. Yes, he has a lot to work on, but he could turn out to be the best QB in this class, ceiling wise, he has incredible talent. Great arm, can throw on the run, and can run the ball 50 yards in one play. Has to work on his accuracy, but man does he have rare talent.

Could turn out to be an interesting pick. You let Mac have one season to turn things around under O’Brien, and if he can’t, you have an Uber talented QB that’ll have one season in the system, that you can build your offense around.

I’ve heard a comparison of a Cam Newton/Lamar Jackson mix when describing Richardson. I’m talking about the Cam when he used to be able to throw the ball, not the New England Cam.

I’ve seen some mocks where he goes in the 1st round, so the idea could be a moot point, but who knows, he’s got some things to work on that may drop him to the 2nd.

I was going to start this same thread but with AR15 & Levis at 14. No way either are lasting that long (46).

Richardson is better than most that haven't watched him give credit for. He's able to work the los, read a defense and move the chains. He's got good footwork, quick release and is generally cool back there. Plus instincts. Can score from anywhere with his arm and legs - fun fact. I believe Bijan Robinson is the only prospect to force more missed tackles per carry, AR15 #2. He's a project, his base gets too narrow, tries to play hero too often but guys like him don't come along often and you won't have to trade up at 14. One could argue his value is as in point as any in terms of ceiling. If you're confident in your staff you have to think about it.

Levis is intriguing af too but I don't see Allen. I like him a lot though. It would definitely be a conversation but Im a AR15 guy. Neither had much help in terms of targets, OL or coaching. Florida's line was much better than UK but again neither had proper help or rights conditions for development.

46 is unrealistic though. He'll go closer to #1 than 46. Especially when you consider he's almost, already on the board with CJ & BY gone top 3.

Last edited:
I spoke with Robert and the value at 46 for a Hooker is too good to pass up.

One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

#46?
One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

I don't see him being there at #14.

BB Drafts are very intriguing sometimes not in a good way but I'm not opposed to young QB with potential.

So, Richardson is just a different kind of QB. He’s explosive as both a runner and a passer. Yes, he has a lot to work on, but he could turn out to be the best QB in this class, ceiling wise, he has incredible talent. Great arm, can throw on the run, and can run the ball 50 yards in one play. Has to work on his accuracy, but man does he have rare talent.

Could turn out to be an interesting pick. You let Mac have one season to turn things around under O’Brien, and if he can’t, you have an Uber talented QB that’ll have one season in the system, that you can build your offense around.

I’ve heard a comparison of a Cam Newton/Lamar Jackson mix when describing Richardson. I’m talking about the Cam when he used to be able to throw the ball, not the New England Cam.

I’ve seen some mocks where he goes in the 1st round, so the idea could be a moot point, but who knows, he’s got some things to work on that may drop him to the 2nd.
New England Cam was more of a Jekyll and Hyde (mostly). One doesn't start an NFL game 12 for 12 and 20 for 21 (Pats vs Jets 1st time in 2020) without knowing how to throw the ball.

That being said, Richardson might not even last #14 as others have mentioned.

I'd be happy to let someone else trade up for him at 14, but drafting him [or any other QB] on day 1 or day 2, at this point, would be a f—king disaster.

Unless there is a stud LT @ 14, I think BillB will trade down in 1st round and pickup a 3rd in process.

As for Richardson, I don't see him a 1st rounder. IMO. I also doubt BillB will select him in 2nd. 3rd if he is available.

Georgia TE Darnell Washington TE, would be a very good 2nd rounder. He is a good blocker and has the height on contested catches.

DUMP Jonnu. Guy is waste of a roster spot. Take the loss.

Unless there is a stud LT @ 14, I think BillB will trade down in 1st round and pickup a 3rd in process.

As for Richardson, I don't see him a 1st rounder. IMO. I also doubt BillB will select him in 2nd. 3rd if he is available.

Georgia TE Darnell Washington TE, would be a very good 2nd rounder. He is a good blocker and has the height on contested catches.

Dead cap $18Mill.

Darnell Washing might have worked his way into the First Round he won't make it to #46.

A quarter back from Florida? No. Absolutely not.

if he's willing to play a different position then possibly.

but definitely not as a QB.

Doesn't Washington have availability issues?

Richardson will not make it out of the top 15.

Richardson will not make it out of the top 15.
I think the guy could go 2nd to Houston, 4th to Indy, 5th to Seattle, 8th to Atlanta, 9th to Carolina, 11th to Tennessee or 13th to the Jete. Teams are going to fall in love with his combine. I don't see him dropping beyond the top 10.

If Richardson is not a third rounder for the pats i will lose my mind , I would select him over jones at this point 10 out of 10
Jones maybe worth a third rounder if we are lucky meanwhile Richardson ceiling is 10 times higher

I was going to start this same thread but with AR15 & Levis at 14. No way either are lasting that long (46).

Richardson is better than most that haven't watched him give credit for. He's able to work the los, read a defense and move the chains. He's got good footwork, quick release and is generally cool back there. Plus instincts. Can score from anywhere with his arm and legs - fun fact. I believe Bijan Robinson is the only prospect to force more missed tackles per carry, AR15 #2. He's a project, his base gets too narrow, tries to play hero too often but guys like him don't come along often and you won't have to trade up at 14. One could argue his value is as in point as any in terms of ceiling. If you're confident in your staff you have to think about it.

Levis is intriguing af too but I don't see Allen. I like him a lot though. It would definitely be a conversation but Im a AR15 guy. Neither had much help in terms of targets, OL or coaching. Florida's line was much better than UK but again neither had proper help or rights conditions for development.

46 is unrealistic though. He'll go closer to #1 than 46. Especially when you consider he's almost, already on the board with CJ & BY gone top 3.

How do you reconcile his lack of accuracy? Assuming he can readily improve on that in the much faster pro game is taking a lot on faith.

How do you reconcile his lack of accuracy? Assuming he can readily improve on that in the much faster pro game is taking a lot on faith.
When I watched his tape I saw more than a few crucial drops. Almost 20 in his last 3 games. Not much help overall, from players to coaching. Florida isnt exactly a QB hotbed. Especially in terms of development. Only played in 22 games.

He absolutely has to work on and improve his accuracy. His footwork needs to improve and release could be tweaked a little imo. That said they didnt fully buy in when they should have. It was clear he was the best option at a certain point and they were still hesitant.

So while he absolutely has a lot of work to do he's never had the proper backing on the sidelines or field.

He's a project that needs a good two years of development before you stop holding his hand but he's got some very nice tools and traits. So much will depend on your coaching staff and how confident you are in their ability to develop.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back