PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

can we all agree

Free help isn't the most desirable. What do they say . You get what you pay for
That's one of my wife's favorite sayings. :crying:

My best argument to her is Nike. You don't get what you pay for with Nike and their help is as close to free as it gets.

He doesn't know how to fix it. If he did we would be on the rise and not worst in the AFC.
I'm starting to think we are the worst in the league.

My problem looking at a complete coaching change is what that would entail. For one thing i expect it would be three years before the rebuilt team begins to take shape. First year the coaches are hired, start evaluating the mess they’ve gotten themselves into, Second year they turn over the roster, get their core players in place. Third year they’ve finally got coaches and players and can start to play football. My bet is they’ll be at best an average team from three to five years out. There are 14 playoff teams in a 32 team league so they’ll be inbthe battle for a playoff slot as an average team.

so I figure with a complete coaching change we are looking forward to five years of mediocrity.

not sure anybody here is really up for that. Except maybe the perpetual whiners who would love nothing more than five years of complaining.
Very sensible. What I think is going to happen is this: look Bob, we were decimated by injury early on, we had a few bad games early on, and couldn't recover. You hired BOB it's a new offense Mac hasn't gotten any better like you thought. I mean what can I do Bob the QB play isn't great. I'm going to need another season to fix things. This is what he'll feed to ownership.

I'm up for. Change is going to come eventually. Either you start the 5 year process this off season or you wait three years when BB retires (presumably) and start it then...and by then who knows what the cap and money situation looks like...or what the roster looks like.
I know it takes time.. but it does not have to be a 5 year window change can happen instantly if you get the pieces. I use Miami for example. The organization got new coaching, and added pieces around the QB. They made the playoffs last year and are one of best teams in the league. So there are some examples.

I think we are. I would say we have the worst roster in the league at the moment.
Agreed. And it's not that we are bashing our team we are understanding what we are ,and not shying away from it. My hope is ownership does as well. I cannot use the excuses on offense.. defense sure. But we were pathetic offensively before guys getting injured.

Very sensible. What I think is going to happen is this: look Bob, we were decimated by injury early on, we had a few bad games early on, and couldn't recover. You hired BOB it's a new offense Mac hasn't gotten any better like you thought. I mean what can I do Bob the QB play isn't great. I'm going to need another season to fix things. This is what he'll feed to ownership.
It’s not unrealistic. If I were in RK’s position I’d want to see a plan for fixing things next year. Who are our players to be re-signed, who do we cut ties with, what free agents are priorities? Most importantly, how do we fill the QB role?

any new HC will need to do the same. I am not convinced a total coaching staff purge does anything other than kickbthat can down the road to next year. If Bill shows a credible plan for this off-season he might be the fastest path to a return to success.

It’s not unrealistic. If I were in RK’s position I’d want to see a plan for fixing things next year. Who are our players to be re-signed, who do we cut ties with, what free agents are priorities? Most importantly, how do we fill the QB role?

any new HC will need to do the same. I am not convinced a total coaching staff purge does anything other than kickbthat can down the road to next year. If Bill shows a credible plan for this off-season he might be the fastest path to a return to success.
If the captain if the Titanic survived, do you think the White Star Line would have let him captain another ship to see if he could get it right this time?

If the captain if the Titanic survived, do you think the White Star Line would have let him captain another ship to see if he could get it right this time?
So you’re saying a bad football season is the same as a disaster in which over 1500 people died?

dude, you need to step back and put things into perspective. Football is a game. Not life and death.

So you’re saying a bad football season is the same as a disaster in which over 1500 people died?

dude, you need to step back and put things into perspective. Football is a game. Not life and death.
Humorous analogies must not be your strong suit

Agreed. The other side to this is the what if? What if BB decides he is the one who wants to walk away, and or pull a Sean Payton "step away " from coaching to decompress. So then the organization will have to have an alternative? Nonetheless things have to be done much differently especially offensively.... one has to wonder is ownership thinking that the 200 million spent in 2021 backfired? Would thsr make them reluctant to spend again this upcoming FA. I don't think even they as a organization thought that it would be 2-7 and look the way it has looked. The vibe and thinking I'd imagine would be differently had the team been scoring efficiently and Mac looked like the guy.

Bring this video back to the beginning. The mom stuff starts around the 9 minute mark...

Burr is my favourite comic ever! I have seen this set multiple times before but it's not him in my example. The joke was also not as funny or as pointed as Burr's.

My wife cannot stand him and walks out of the room anytime I put him on. She thinks he is so sexist lol

I think we are. I would say we have the worst roster in the league at the moment.

Whoa, that is harsh. I don't think it is that bad. The Patriots had some close games against powerful opponents, some bad calls, some crucial injuries, and some bad luck. This is a rebuilding year and I think that the Patriots had a nucleus of solid plays to build around. This year's draft was exceptional and if next years is as good, the Patriots can climb out of the basement.

Now, that being said, I think that you could make a strong case that the Patriots have the worst WR corp in the league. Years of mismanaged drafts and bad FA signings have resulted in this mess. You cannot blame Mac if his WRs cannot get open.

Whoa, that is harsh. I don't think it is that bad. The Patriots had some close games against powerful opponents, some bad calls, some crucial injuries, and some bad luck. This is a rebuilding year and I think that the Patriots had a nucleus of solid plays to build around. This year's draft was exceptional and if next years is as good, the Patriots can climb out of the basement.

Now, that being said, I think that you could make a strong case that the Patriots have the worst WR corp in the league. Years of mismanaged drafts and bad FA signings have resulted in this mess. You cannot blame Mac if his WRs cannot get open.
This year wasn't billed as a rebuilding year. The owner expected to make the playoffs this year.

The captain was pressured by ownership, and you saw the results. The captain knew they were risking things, doing things the wrong way, just to show off. But in the end, the ownership got off on a lifeboat, and the captain went down to his grave.

This year wasn't billed as a rebuilding year. The owner expected to make the playoffs this year.
In RKs exact words.. BB has earned the right to do what he sees fit. However I expect to make the playoffs this season. I feel that having BOB will be a huge difference thans last season. His words. I'm curious to see what his statement will be this time?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back