PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

can we all agree

I don’t agree with you. BOB has not done well with what he has to work with. His offense is offensive with stupid penalties and poor execution. That’s on him.

OK, granted, you can make a case for this, but part of the problem is the lack of talent in the WR corps and a shaky OLine. I think that the point is mute, however, since it seems certain that BoB will voluntarily leave the team this off season. Working for the Patriots at this time must be miserable & hopeless; he should be able to find greener pastures with better talent to work with.

It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall when the Patriots fumbled the DHop negotiations. Either he was furious with the Patriots organization for being so cheap or maybe it was a relief to not deal with DHop.

OK, granted, you can make a case for this, but part of the problem is the lack of talent in the WR corps and a shaky OLine. I think that the point is mute, however, since it seems certain that BoB will voluntarily leave the team this off season. Working for the Patriots at this time must be miserable & hopeless; he should be able to find greener pastures with better talent to work with.

It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall when the Patriots fumbled the DHop negotiations. Either he was furious with the Patriots organization for being so cheap or maybe it was a relief to not deal with DHop.
Moot. Points are moot.

If I'm troy.. having had a nice GIG being a sports analyst.. then going into coaching, probably making minimum wage, as we know the patriots don't pay thier coaching staff much. Also having no talent and then trying to teach these guys.. I'm sure he'll be done at the end of the season.
Troy Brown is my favorite player of all time and if he does get out of coaching I wish him the best.

A great joke I heard from a stand-up comic once. If I see a helicopter stuck in a tree, I don't need to be a pilot to tell that pilot is not good.

That was his response to being heckled about not having a clue what he was talking about after he joked that being a mom is not the hardest job in the world.
Bring this video back to the beginning. The mom stuff starts around the 9 minute mark...

Last edited:
Troy Brown is my favorite player of all time and if he does get out of coaching I wish him the best.
He's also one of mines as well. I just thought it was Odd he chose to go into coaching post brady.. if anything I'd think he would've done this when Brady was still playing.

I've said myself personally..we have an early 2000s NFL roster, now it could work if you have good play at the QB position. We have not so it all equals 2-7 . Thinking about it.. maybe it was supposed to happen like this to make it clear to ownership that this type of roster cannot compete in 2023 NFL standards. To me it's complacency.. BB for so long built the roster in a affordable way, compiled of hard working players, some talented some not so much.. the NFL is about TALENTED players. For example look at all the teams that have talented rosters in the AFC.. they all have winning records
KC, Bal, MIA, Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati.

He sucks because he hasn’t made JJSS and Parker into great WRs. I miss the days when guys like McDaniels, Weis, O’Brien, Belichick, etc would sit in a room with a chessboard and skeeems and turn crappy players like Gronk, Moss, Edelman etc into superstars.

I think yes. But it doesn't matter what I think. It's what Bob and Jonathan think.
Part of me would like to see him fix this mess, but the logic in me says maybe it's time for a complete coaching change.

Part of me would like to see him fix this mess, but the logic in me says maybe it's time for a complete coaching change.
My problem looking at a complete coaching change is what that would entail. For one thing i expect it would be three years before the rebuilt team begins to take shape. First year the coaches are hired, start evaluating the mess they’ve gotten themselves into, Second year they turn over the roster, get their core players in place. Third year they’ve finally got coaches and players and can start to play football. My bet is they’ll be at best an average team from three to five years out. There are 14 playoff teams in a 32 team league so they’ll be inbthe battle for a playoff slot as an average team.

so I figure with a complete coaching change we are looking forward to five years of mediocrity.

not sure anybody here is really up for that. Except maybe the perpetual whiners who would love nothing more than five years of complaining.

My problem looking at a complete coaching change is what that would entail. For one thing i expect it would be three years before the rebuilt team begins to take shape. First year the coaches are hired, start evaluating the mess they’ve gotten themselves into, Second year they turn over the roster, get their core players in place. Third year they’ve finally got coaches and players and can start to play football. My bet is they’ll be at best an average team from three to five years out. There are 14 playoff teams in a 32 team league so they’ll be inbthe battle for a playoff slot as an average team.

so I figure with a complete coaching change we are looking forward to five years of mediocrity.

not sure anybody here is really up for that. Except maybe the perpetual whiners who would love nothing more than five years of complaining.
I'm up for. Change is going to come eventually. Either you start the 5 year process this off season or you wait three years when BB retires (presumably) and start it then...and by then who knows what the cap and money situation looks like...or what the roster looks like.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back