PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone explain to me what the hell Zo is insinuating here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Click on the Goodell has not discussed Brady with the Kraft's at the top of this page

Zolak & Bertrand

I like Zo a lot but sometimes he can seemingly can't keep his thoughts straight. So I gather as much that he has a source close to the Krafts that says that Goodell did not in fact speak with them this week in regards to Brady and that the Krafts are pissed that Goodell implied otherwise. Ok, easy enough. But I cannot figure if Zo is hinting that the Krafts are looking to maybe do something here or that they are just going to continue to do nothing. He says "look back to last May" which hints that they roll over again but he says that there was in fact a gentlemen's agreement that if Kraft took a hit than Brady wouldn't get punished. So that didn't happen and so the Krafts are pissed. And apparently pissed about this week. They wanted to end the rhetoric for the good of the league but with the understanding that Brady would be treated fairly. Which didn't happen. So what exactly is Zo trying to say?

Ugh....why the **** does Kraft keep saying he's doing a fantastic job?

Click on the Goodell has not discussed Brady with the Kraft's at the top of this page

Zolak & Bertrand

I like Zo a lot but sometimes he can seemingly can't keep his thoughts straight. So I gather as much that he has a source close to the Krafts that says that Goodell did not in fact speak with them this week in regards to Brady and that the Krafts are pissed that Goodell implied otherwise. Ok, easy enough. But I cannot figure if Zo is hinting that the Krafts are looking to maybe do something here or that they are just going to continue to do nothing. He says "look back to last May" which hints that they roll over again but he says that there was in fact a gentlemen's agreement that if Kraft took a hit than Brady wouldn't get punished. So that didn't happen and so the Krafts are pissed. And apparently pissed about this week. They wanted to end the rhetoric for the good of the league but with the understanding that Brady would be treated fairly. Which didn't happen. So what exactly is Zo trying to say?
It's hard to know with Zolak. I listen to them most days for at least a portion of their show. Zo is clearly wired to lots of people inside the organization and his inside info almost always proves to be spot-on. He also is prone, at times, to "pissed off" hissy fits where he rambles on and on in a stream-of-consciousness rant and it's hard to believe everything he says. With that said, he is clearly an "insider" in Foxborough.

It doesn't help that every time Zo gets interrupted by Bertrand he forgets his train of thought.

I just cannot figure out if Zo is saying that the Krafts are pissed and considering making it known or that they are pissed but are going to stay silent. He seems to be hinting at both.

It doesn't help that every time Zo gets interrupted by Bertrand he forgets his train of thought.

I just cannot figure out if Zo is saying that the Krafts are pissed and considering making it known or that they are pissed but are going to stay silent. He seems to be hinting at both.
Knowing Kraft, they are pissed and going to stay silent. That is the most logical when it comes to Kraft.

Knowing Kraft, they are pissed and going to stay silent. That is the most logical when it comes to Kraft.

That's what I, and literally everyone else, expect so why would Zo say anything about it? Especially by implying that it was big news.

That's what I, and literally everyone else, expect so why would Zo say anything about it? Especially by implying that it was big news.
Maybe Kraft is waiting for Goodell to mess up again to get rid of him?

Like when he arbitrarily punished the Chiefs?
No, more like another big scandal that Goodell has messed up every time. Do you think Kraft has dirt on Goodell?

What can Kraft do at this point? His decision was made last year. It was the wrong one, but it was made. He is NOT GOING TO SUE THE LEAGUE, so stop suggesting it. It is not going to happen. Sorry to disappoint everyone who wants that, but it IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Get over it. I don't care how many disagrees it gets. It simply is what it is. Kraft is not going to sue the league. Brady is not going to sue the league. I am not a legal expert; therefore, I have no idea what Brady can hope for at this point in terms of getting a stay so he can be on the field week 1. From what I've read there is still a very slim chance something can happen, and I am hoping so hard for it. But as far as Kraft and Goodell, it is what it is, unfortunately. Kraft thought he was doing a good thing by taking one for the team, so to speak, but it ended up being a poor decision. Sometimes we all just have to live with poor decisions in life.

Nice try. Michael Felger is more of a go-to authority on rodeo than he is on football.

he was summa cum laude at BU

married to a beautiful and independently successful woman.....the wood

a second home on Nantucket

he is a paragon of honesty and integrity.....even in a corrupt profession

we should all strive to be a little more like mike

one of the things they taught me in AA was to let go of jealousy and to love myself for who i was

he was summa cum laude at BU

married to a beautiful and independently successful woman.....the wood

a second home on Nantucket

he is a paragon of honesty and integrity.....even in a corrupt profession

we should all strive to be a little more like mike

one of the things they taught me in AA was to let go of jealousy and to love myself for who i was
You're absolutely right Mike!

You're absolutely right Mike!

thank you, mazz

but on a serious note.....i think felger's phenomenal success should be applauded instead of resented

jealousy has a corrosive effect on people.....we need to build each-other up

jealousy has a corrosive effect on people.....we need to build each-other up

Yes, we should, for the right reasons. I'm not interested in how much money someone has made, or houses they own, or college GPA, or what his/her spouse looks like. Those are superficial metrics that only largely encourage socially destructive behavior.

"Success" should be measured by other factors, such as how many friends you have, the quality of your relationships with family, and the contribution you've made to society through your work, IMHO.

I've got no evidence that Felger makes the grade on any of those. And sports entertainers in general don't make a positive contribution to society, because they tend prey on people through overly negative and artificially dramatic presentations.

It is painfully obvious that Kraft has been duped so many times by Goodell that you have wonder if anything Kraft say directly or indirectly actually means anything or is just PR for the fan base. When Krat actually does something meaningful, I will start to believe he is pissed otherwise it just more papblum for the fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News