PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

By what week will O'Connell be starting?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When will Kevin start?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say week 7 but the of course the Pats will stick with him if they win. Can they win with a bad QB? If the Miami game is any indication - no. But the KC and Jets games indicate yes. But we will see..

Another bad game and I expect full blown QB controversy.. I imagine BB is tired of the "he can't win without Brady" talk and would look to make changes at QB if the Pats start losing.

Pete

I don't think BB cares one way or the other about what's being said-he's never let 'popular opinion' or media speculation sway how he runs this team. Lawyer Milloy,Drew Bledsoe,AV,et al say hi.

If the Pats start losing BB will look at the team not just the QB. Matt would have to consistently and totally tank -a la Rex Grossman- or Cassel would have to get injured. I hope NEITHER of those things happen because it would just put the team right back to square one again.

48% of the board does not believe Matt Cassel will remain our starting QB.

52% of our board is waiting for Cassel to become an offensive threat. Or as the new Metallica single tells us "The Day that Never Comes"

Last edited:

52% of our board is waiting for Cassel to become an offensive threat. Or as the new Metallica single tells us "The Day that Never Comes"

You're obsessed.

You DO realize that over 70% of this board believed that Cassel would be CUT? Not a very good track record.

Here's a badly needed clue for you, it matters not a whit who this board thinks will start.

Already we have numerous losers on THIS poll as well, those believing O'C would start against SF and Cassel's health willing, those who felt O'C would start next week's game.

Last edited:

11 people from that 48% are already proven wrong (unless Cassel gets a serious injury in practice this week)

11 people from that 48% are already proven wrong (unless Cassel gets a serious injury in practice this week)

It will be fun to track this poll during the season. The way the OL is playing and Cassel's lack of Brady's pocket sense may well get O'C in there starting some week. I hope our future #2 O'C does not start until game 16 when it doesn't matter 'cause we're set for the playoffs!

Last edited:
After tonight, there's a good chance I'm right.

O'Connell should start next week Matt Cassel is awful case and point tonights game

I'm mad I put a day limit on this poll.

Looks like 10 more folks are gonna be losers on this poll. Here's what BB had to say today about his starting QB for Denver game...

via Reiss
Belichick was asked if he still has confidence in quarterback Matt Cassel leading the team, and he simply replied “yes.” Asked a follow-up question, Belichick made his feelings clear: “Matt is our starting quarterback. He gives our team the best chance to win. We’ve all got to play better, and coach better than we did last week. We have to do a better job than we did against San Diego. But he’s our quarterback.”

O'Connel will NEVER see the field this year. This poll should be closed (just a suggestion). ;)
BB has spoken. Let's all accept it and move on. Besides, if our Defense, and OLine continue to struggle, what chance do we have anyway?

O'Connel will NEVER see the field this year. This poll should be closed (just a suggestion). ;)
BB has spoken. Let's all accept it and move on. Besides, if our Defense, and OLine continue to struggle, what chance do we have anyway?

I disagree. I didn't vote but commented because my view is that Cassel will get himself carried off the field with this OL and the next week, whenever that is...O'Connell starts.

Another 12 PatsFans bite the dust as Cassel inevitably STARTS against the Rams Sunday.

Ah, an oldie, but a goodie.

I'm starting to think Cassel is actually a Cyborg. Who else could take the constant pounding? He's gonna make Favre look fragile.

I wouldn't be so sure. I am confident Cassel won't be benched, but at the rate he is getting sacked he could be joining Tom on IR before the season is over.

This thread is a hoot.
12 more folks bit the dust Sunday as Cassel not only started but engineered a 4th QTR comeback WIN despite butterhands on the part of the receivers.
Wonder who created this poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes