PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

News Article: Patriots Appear to Be Making Tough Decisions on Two Starting WRs - by Ian Logue

You can’t use targets and catches without mentioning total snaps played. Parker took 308 snaps to get 14 catches. Douglas did it in 118 snaps. Parker and Douglas’ performance so far is not even comparable.
Does the QB play a role here at all or is this like basketball where the player can get his hands on the ball himself?

Parker has been open and not gotten the ball. Just about all the NE WRs and TEs have been there. Yup, Douglas had a real good game and looks promising. How much all the Bills injuries factored in remains to be seen.

It's not how many drops you have as much as it's when you drop the ball.
Carter should have had that ball vs the Raiders.

BB says that if you can get both hands on the ball you should have possession.

Boy I would to have Meyers back he would look so good with this current group minus Parker and Juju. :(

Swap Dorothy Parker & JuJuSanu aka Sidney Wicks & Curtis Rowe with Meyers & DeAndre Hopkins, and now we're talking...

It's not how many drops you have as much as it's when you drop the ball.
Can’t drop it unless you’re targeted and throw is on target.

just saying. It’s a team game.

Who gives a damn about drops? They're not getting open to get the ball to even drop the damn thing!

Remember that game many moons ago in Miami when Parker schooled Stephon Gilmore?? How comes we have yet to see that Parker here?? After we made that Trade with Miami their fans were literally laughing because they knew Parker was a bum.:rolleyes:
If I worked for a team I would scour the fan boards for intel as doing my due diligence. Fans are intimately familiar with their personnel's strengths and weaknesses.

No, the stats are accurate and tell a complete story about the NE WRS, TES.

Bourne and Henry have found roles in this offense. Douglas is beginning to carve out a role after having his best game ever last Sunday. Of course, the short attention span theatre wants to foolishly crown Douglas a King. Oddly enough, the 23 Miami game was Parkers best thus far. The Raiders pass should have been caught, but that was not the reason why NE lost. There have been times this season where Parker was open, but did not get the ball until it was too late. Its been a Gong Show offense and the stats bear that out.

If Parker is toxic as some claim then BB would not let him see much action. Parker has seen over 300 snaps at offense.
The high number of reps he's been given illustrates absolutley nothing except the magnitude of Bill's error in taking on and then in continuing to feature this failing player on a team desperate for quality wr play. One cannot help but wonder whether Parker's ongoing playing time is far more about trying to obscure Belichick's failures here and to cover his ass than it is about fielding a stronger team, which virtually no one believes Parkers slack play accomplishes. Add to this that Parker's getting so many reps and playing time is inhibiting the evaluation and development of younger players who seem to have potential, and the whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Last edited:
I am really hoping the decreased snaps for Parker is a direct result of phasing him out of the offense and not just a one off game plan thing. He legitimately is a net-negative when he's on the field. I hope Juju gets the same treatment when he's healthy.
BB always says "what's best for the team" with Parker I believe it's a motivation factor. He got a new contract after really not proving much. He has talent but he just isn't playing well this season. Juju was hurt when we signed him he should have been on PUP/IR until he's ready. He's a much better player than early he has shown. So KB, DD , Reagor IMO gives us some speed and just a different look offensively. Douglas is going to start getting attention from DCs if so that is great for us. He's explosive with his speed.

This thread will be so anticlimactic when nobody is traded.

If anyone could it might be Uche, Jennings should be retained and extended because he can be an every down player.

As far as the WR’s go, Mac sucked royally for the first third of the season. The weapons weren’t the problem and still aren’t.

This thread will be so anticlimactic when nobody is traded.

If anyone could it might be Uche, Jennings should be retained and extended because he can be an every down player.

As far as the WR’s go, Mac sucked royally for the first third of the season. The weapons weren’t the problem and still aren’t.
I feel no great urgency re doing a lot of trades this year. First of all, because of GM failings, it is hard to get a full read on the merits of a number of our players. Second, some of the players in question really could be contributors to a better Pats team going forward. Third, there is NO point in trying to improve the team's record this year. Records are relevant to a team's chance playing/succeeding in the playoffs. and we have no such chance. Finally, I really do not want significant roster decisions to be made until Bill is removed from any say-so in this area. Taking all in all. I don't think the trade deadline, aside from trying to get a little something for a few players from whom we know we are moving on, is much of a big deal this year. I'd be happy if could just find a way to get JJSS and Parker off the team, now. What is the point? Even if there were to be a spate of injuries at wr, I'd rather take a flyer at some interesting castoff than continue to plod forward with two proven losers. Aside from that little hope, I'd be fine with "anticlimactic."

As for this:
The weapons weren’t the problem and still aren’t.
It's hard to take such a view seriously, at all.

Last edited:
Douglas and Parker have the exact same number of targets and completions. Same catch %.

Nobody here that I have seen wants to get rid of Douglas. Parker just needs to find a role in a NE offense that is 2nd lowest points scored in the AFC and 3rd lowest in the NFL. Giants - 85 points, Cinci 100 points and NE 101 points.
The numbers and analytics are all for the people who get paid to sports report. Sometimes you need to use the best test of all the EYE test.

Douglas is far more impactful than Parker.

If I worked for a team I would scour the fan boards for intel as doing my due diligence. Fans are intimately familiar with their personnel's strengths and weaknesses.
Is this satire? I didn't know if I should give you a like or a funny emoji.

That might work roughly on a par, at least, with a HC/GM's consulting his own press clippings and the views only of those with a deep passion for kissing the very much past master's ring or ass. Alternatively, the team might seek out actual competence based in the current state of play in the game in light of the teams current irrelevance to that state of play and failures in its context.

Is this satire? I didn't know if I should give you a like or a funny emoji.
It's a glib trick in which one can imply wisdom without actually offering any evidence or instance of it. It is the rhetorical equivalent of a photoshopped dating site pic. But, as it is offered in well-wrought sentences with a genial lilt, it suffices when something better is unavaliable, so I will give it an "already discussed" since that is our only utterly meaningless emoji offering here on the PF site.

I hope, desperately, that I am being clear, but not so clear that anyone notices that my post, indeed many of my posts, are of exactly the same nature.

I feel no great urgency re doing a lot of trades this year. First of all, because of GM failings, it is hard to get a full read on the merits of a number of our players. Second, some of the players in question really could be contributors to a better Pats team going forward. Third, there is NO point in trying to improve the team's record this year. Records are relevant to a team's chance playing/succeeding in the playoffs. and we have no such chance. Finally, I really do not want significant roster decisions to be made until Bill is removed from any say-so in this area. Taking all in all. I don't think the trade deadline, aside from trying to get a little something for a few players from whom we know we are moving on, is much of a big deal this year. I'd be happy if could just find a way to get JJSS and Parker off the team, now. What is the point? Even if there were to be a spate of injuries at wr, I'd rather take a flyer at some interesting castoff than continue to plod forward with two proven losers. Aside from that little hope, I'd be fine with "anticlimactic."
For a team with such a horrid GM, they sure have a lot of talent to trade. The GM screwed up the QB position, and sometimes that can be enough. Or maybe the headcoach screwed up last season when he had a QB playing great, who was 2-0 as a starter and instead of sticking with the hot hand he went back to his turnover mistake prone QB instead.
As for this:

It's hard to take such a view seriously, at all.
We were told Jonnu and Agholor were a problem as well, now those two players are thriving with their new teams.

We have a basketball team with no point guard, we need to find a competent point guard.

It's a glib trick in which one can imply wisdom without actually offering any evidence or instance of it. It is the rhetorical equivalent of a photoshopped dating site pic. But, as it is offered in well-wrought sentences with a genial lilt, it suffices when something better is unavaliable, so I will give it an "already discussed" since that is our only utterly meaningless emoji offering here on the PF site.

I hope, desperately, that I am being clear, but not so clear that anyone notices that my post, indeed many of my posts, are of exactly the same nature.
Just to be clear, we’ve noticed.

Just to be clear, we’ve noticed.
I am content to carry on without your adulation.

iu

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes