PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

News Article: Patriots Appear to Be Making Tough Decisions on Two Starting WRs - by Ian Logue

We had the Walking First Down Welker with and those TE' Gronk and you know. Parker doesn't make plays Period!

That's my point. He needs better than him players around. That's what a #3/4 WR is.

I said in pre-season that JJSS and Parker would contribute virtually nothing to the team this year. Surely this isn't a "tough decision." It is simply doing the obvious, something that has been obviously the right course of action for some time.. Keeping these two around, taking up practice reps, inhibiting the progress of younger and more promising players, some of whom were unnecessarily and unwisely banished for predictable rookie missteps, has just been another example of our GM valuing covering his own ass and feeding his own ego above "doing what is best for the team." I give him no credit whatever for this.

Who would want Parker?

Why trade (the very young) Boutte?
KC might accept Parker for a swap of spots in the 6th.

With Boutte, it really isn't an issue of a trade. It is an issue of the roster decision. We are deciding on Reagor. Any team can pick up Boutte if the have a spares spot on their 53 man roster.

Douglas and Parker have the exact same number of targets and completions. Same catch %.

Nobody here that I have seen wants to get rid of Douglas. Parker just needs to find a role in a NE offense that is 2nd lowest points scored in the AFC and 3rd lowest in the NFL. Giants - 85 points, Cinci 100 points and NE 101 points.

KC might accept Parker for a swap of spots in the 6th.

With Boutte, it really isn't an issue of a trade. It is an issue of the roster decision. We are deciding on Reagor. Any team can pick up Boutte if the have a spares spot on their 53 man roster.
I believe Boutte is on the patriots 53 so he can’t be picked up by another team

Douglas and Parker have the exact same number of targets and completions. Same catch %.

Nobody here that I have seen wants to get rid of Douglas. Parker just needs to find a role in a NE offense that is 2nd lowest points scored in the AFC and 3rd lowest in the NFL. Giants - 85 points, Cinci 100 points and NE 101 points.
Some statistics are meaningful; some are not. This post illustrates this terrifically. Any assertion, bedizened with whatever convenient numbers, that Douglas is not a better WR than Parker at this point is just profoundly silly. I actually find it hard to understand how anyone could believe such a thing. That Parker's attitude is as toxic as it is makes the need to get rid of him nearly a matter of urgency. JJS is shot: no blame - it happens. Parker is a bum, has been all his career. In a spate of Belichickean misjudgments, taking on this player really stands out as something drearily special.

How many yards does a 3/4 WR get in a season?

They go off a few games, get 30-50 yards sometimes, and the rest are performances like that.

Last year 31/539. That's a 3/4.

When Bill had Randy Moss many games were like that.
Don't think these guys were getting 68% of the offensive snaps, nor were they dead last in separation for FOUR years straight

07 Stallworth 46 697
08 Gaffney 38 468
09 Edelman 37 359

Some statistics are meaningful; some are not. This post illustrates this terrifically. Any assertion, bedizened with whatever convenient numbers, that Douglas is not a better WR than Parker at this point is just profoundly silly. I actually find it hard to understand how anyone could believe such a thing. That Parker's attitude is as toxic as it is makes the need to get rid of him nearly a matter of urgency. JJS is shot: no blame - it happens. Parker is a bum, has been all his career. In a spate of Belichickean misjudgments, taking on this player really stands out as something drearily special.

No, the stats are accurate and tell a complete story about the NE WRS, TES.

Bourne and Henry have found roles in this offense. Douglas is beginning to carve out a role after having his best game ever last Sunday. Of course, the short attention span theatre wants to foolishly crown Douglas a King. Oddly enough, the 23 Miami game was Parkers best thus far. The Raiders pass should have been caught, but that was not the reason why NE lost. There have been times this season where Parker was open, but did not get the ball until it was too late. Its been a Gong Show offense and the stats bear that out.

If Parker is toxic as some claim then BB would not let him see much action. Parker has seen over 300 snaps at offense.

Parker can be a solid #3/4 WR, and he's paid to fit that role, so I see no problem with him. He would do well against opponents 4th corner. The issue is if Parker is your best receiver.
Exactly right! Tired of listening to people here say he is a steal for the price we are paying him…but who is stealing from who? I don’t give a **** about the $. We need guys who can contribute.

How many yards does a 3/4 WR get in a season?

They go off a few games, get 30-50 yards sometimes, and the rest are performances like that.

Last year 31/539. That's a 3/4.

When Bill had Randy Moss many games were like that.
Agree with this perspective. A passing offense that concentrates on Bourne and Douglas as the wide receivers, and uses the three tight ends (yeah, Pharoah), doesn't need much from a third and fourth wide receiver. Just put Thornton in to stretch the field and open up things underneath. Throw him the ball once per game to keep the defense honest.

You can’t use targets and catches without mentioning total snaps played. Parker took 308 snaps to get 14 catches. Douglas did it in 118 snaps. Parker and Douglas’ performance so far is not even comparable.

I believe it was Parker whom the QB School guy pointed out ran a lazy route near the goal line in a previous game. He was supposed to go outside, but didn't stab step inside to freeze/turn the defender.
It pisses me off to see an overpaid professional mail it in.

Stop blaming the receivers. Pats below the avg. drops per team (9.9) and well below avg. drop rate (4.4).

The Pats are actually last in the AFC (14.4 ppg) because they played one more game than Cincy (16.6 ppg.) They looked a hell of a lot better on offense the last game though.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back