PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

By what week will O'Connell be starting?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When will Kevin start?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way O'Connell will see the field this season is in garbage time. The only way he will start is if Cassel is injured or completely INEFFECTIVE.
BB is not going to start a Rooky QB, IMO.

I voted for "He Won't". But if I were making the decision it would be in the next few weeks.

I predict Cassel finds his groove and stays the QB the whole season. There's gotta be a reason BB stuck with him after 4 worthless preseasons.

The even better benefit of O'Connell excelling as compared to Cassel?

We actually have the rights to him next year.

Oh gee another O'Connel/bashCassel thread!! Joy joy joy!! Oh happy dayyyy!

after he stinks it up versus the 49ers i would hope the Chargers game so we have a chance at beating them.

after he stinks it up versus the 49ers i would hope the Chargers game so we have a chance at beating them.

Sounds a little bit presumptuous. Are you sure Cassel will stink it up? Are you sure O'Connell is ready to take on the Chargers?

You're going to get banned with talk like that.

Cassel will be in the top 1/3 of passers by year end. IMO.

If he's not there already.

You'll see. Playoffs he'll be great.

You're going to get banned with talk like that.

Cassel will be in the top 1/3 of passers by year end. IMO.

If he's not there already.

You'll see. Playoffs he'll be great.

:nooo:

^^^^^^^

The even better benefit of O'Connell excelling as compared to Cassel?

We actually have the rights to him next year.

We have the rights to him either way. If Cassel excels it will mean that the team is too and we could tag and trade Cassel.

So essentially you lightweights are rooting against this team.

Your a resident troll - rooting against this team because you want something to happen that will make you feel smart...

reminds me of the Michael Bishop cries from years ago...my philosophy as a Pats fan is simple...In BB I Trust

I just don't see it happening... at least, not for any meaningful games this season. Cassel will have to be absolutely abysmal this season for O'Connell to get the start. The Vikings and Rams bench starters based on 1-2 games of poor performances, but the Patriots do not... they always have a vision, a plan, whatever -- and like it or not, Cassel is a part of it. The Pats simply do not do things that don't involve carefully calculated decisions, and benching a starting QB for a rookie isn't one of them. My guess is that if Cassel truly, truly demonstrates that he is a below-average NFL QB, by the time the organization is ready to come to grips with this, we will already be out of contention. If the Pats are eliminated from the playoffs with a couple of games to go, I can see O'Connell getting the starts to see what he can do. But if it counts, absolutely no way he's in.

In the "David Yudkin..." thread, there was talk about the Pats ramping up O'Connell's reps for an eventual takeover at QB. Yudkin is beating that drum again today and claims "insiders tell him" week 8 vs. St. Louis. I'll go along with his pick, but more for fun than anything. I don't know if he truly has inside info, but he's by far one of the best posters regarding the Pats at footballguys.com so I'll go along with him on this.

Regards,
Chris

Week 16, Matt Cassel rests as the the team already has clinched homefield thru out the playoffs.

How did people pick SF for O'Connell starting? Do you really think he's going to be the surprise starter this coming week?

I voted he won't but if he is going to start I think Denver or St. Louis are the most logical given they have the worst defenses we'll face in the upcoming weeks.

Week 16, Matt Cassel rests as the the team already has clinched homefield thru out the playoffs.

:cool:

I like the cut of your jib. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Regards,
Chris

I'd say week 7 but the of course the Pats will stick with him if they win. Can they win with a bad QB? If the Miami game is any indication - no. But the KC and Jets games indicate yes. But we will see..

Another bad game and I expect full blown QB controversy.. I imagine BB is tired of the "he can't win without Brady" talk and would look to make changes at QB if the Pats start losing.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft