PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi

Status
Not open for further replies.
who the hell is "AD?" uhh, i think you mean "AT." and who's the "idiot" now?

:p

I am going to say you are the idiot. 1st AD stands for All Day which is Thomas' nickname and 2nd you think that our leading tackler last year is worth nothing. Bruschi is the heart and soul of this team and played like a warior last year with a cast on the entire season. yes I would like seau back but he would be the 5th best on our team. What is your grudge with Bruschi, all he has done to help this team be what it is and you just throw him aside like garbage.

that is a very ridiculous thing to say that playcalling isn't too difficult. what happens if players go in motion or totally shift?

there are so many adjustments, reads, switching spots and the consensus in the league is that BB defense is complicated.

it's like seymour said: "I never saw a scheme make a tackle." On the field - especially on defense where it's about reacting to what's in front of you - key thing is having the players on the field that can make the plays. doesn't mean diddly pooh to have a player in position if he can't make the play. no better example of that than bruschi's pitiful performance last season.

it's comforting that coach bellicheck is a lot smarter than a lot of the fans on this board and routinely dumps non-performing vets like milloy, bledsoe, antoine smith, who's better days are in the past and who's presence on the team would be a liability. bruschi could see his number was up next at year end when he spoke of possible retirement. and if he's such team guy, retire and not create problems is exactly what he'd do right now.

Yes, I hope Brsuchi can move back to his position. He moved because Seau didn't know the Defense and was only a run down LB. But Teddy also played the entire year one handed. He couldn't catch thing with hsi arm in a cast, so his usual 3 -4 INTs were reduced to a lucky one that just caromed into his arms on a a Hail Mary. Many a runner got by him since he couldn't wrap up.

This year he will be playing in his old position and Vrabel will have played the correct inside position from training camp, Vrabel is bigger and has the heft to be the strong running ILB, with just the same size as TJ.

I still hope the Pats resign TBC as the third OLB. Then Tedy, Vrabel, Seau? and a Willis/Posluzny/Harris makes a pretty good ILB corps, too.

who the hell is "AD?" uhh, i think you mean "AT." and who's the "idiot" now?

:p

Adalius Thomas is known as "AD," not "AT."

Get a clue before posting.

Per NFL.com's dept chart for the Ravens, AD's "base" position would be OLB alongside Seymour.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/BAL

Before "we" put together the Pats' depth chart, we may want to allow the Training Camp competition to help delineate each player's strengths and weaknesses and let that delegate where they best fit.
- Presently, there are two of the four top LBs who could play inside or outside, and the other two can play either side as needed.
- Then there are the three developmental players Alexander, Woods, and Mays. That leaves us with 7 LBs.
- Gardner is still rehabbing his leg and if healthy is probably re-signed.
- Davis is rehabbing.
- Izzo seems unlikely to want to go anywhere else until the Pats decline to bring him back.

I've also heard there is a draft coming up. Between the draft, possible trades, and the rest of Free Agency, this team is going to have around 15 linebackers in camp. I'd be mildly surprised if BB had anyone's position written in anything but grease pencil - not to mention the creative ideas he, Pees, and Patricia are going to be developing to take advantage of AD and Vrabel as multi-position terrors.

depends who it is. i tend to think defensive signal calling isn't too difficult. reality is most defensive players make calls for themselves by keying on their man. but you could always bring back seau if you think it's that hard. for those paying attention he totally outplayed bruschi prior to getting hurt.

My jaw dropped when I read this. This has to be the dumbest statement I've ever come across - anywhere.

With this admission, we now know for certain he's a couch potato head coach!

Contact Ian and see if he can't change your handle to Mr. Potato Head.

My jaw dropped when I read this. This has to be the dumbest statement I've ever come across - anywhere.

With this admission, we now know for certain he's a couch potato head coach!

Contact Ian and see if he can't change your handle to Mr. Potato Head.

i'll take seymour over you any day when it comes to assessing how defenses really function

it's like seymour said: "I never saw a scheme make a tackle." On the field - especially on defense where it's about reacting to what's in front of you - key thing is having the players on the field that can make the plays. doesn't mean diddly pooh to have a player in position if he can't make the play. no better example of that than bruschi's pitiful performance last season.

the fact that you think on the field defensive signal calling is so difficult tells me you have never stepped foot on the field and actually played the game. these guys have gone through literally 1,000's of drills in practise and they know what to do when they see it. the signal call by the MLB is relatively simple selection of coverage packages with only a few options. how complex do you really think it can be when the defense has literally seconds to react to what the offense is doing? if they ran around in a million formations filling their heads with a million thoughts they'd have no time to actually make a play.

here's $1, now go bye a clue.

Last edited:
So you're saying these guys are dumb oxes who get to where they are through countless and endless repetitions?

Do you think Seymour is out there call the plays for the defense as the line up?

Ever heard of an audible? Happens on the defensive side of the ball, too. Lots of times.

Ever seen a defense shift as the offense (1) shifts, or (2) responds to a QB audible? Ever heard Bruschi out there yelling in response to Peyton Manning?

Yeah, I've played football before, when I was young. Think all these guys are flying around the field doing what they want, rather than what the coaches want?

Ever watch a football game?

Here's you dollar back. I don't need it, and I most assuredly don't need "clues" from you!

Have a nice day, Mr. Potato Head....

So you're saying these guys are dumb oxes who get to where they are through countless and endless repetitions?

Do you think Seymour is out there call the plays for the defense as the line up?

Ever heard of an audible? Happens on the defensive side of the ball, too. Lots of times.

Ever seen a defense shift as the offense (1) shifts, or (2) responds to a QB audible? Ever heard Bruschi out there yelling in response to Peyton Manning?

Yeah, I've played football before, when I was young. Think all these guys are flying around the field doing what they want, rather than what the coaches want?

Ever watch a football game?

Here's you dollar back. I don't need it, and I most assuredly don't need "clues" from you!

Have a nice day, Mr. Potato Head....

You are so right,brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back