PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi will retire [mergedx5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, his jersey is one that I can continue to wear with pride (he has reached Larry Bird status if you ask me)

So sad to see him go, but I guess it had to happen sometime.

his emotional rant after beating indy in the playoffs, i cant remember if it was after the AFCCG, or the next year in the divisional round.

It was the 2004 divisional game (Jan of 05). he mentioned "changing the rules". It was great!

It was time... His skills have dimished and simply did not having the playing ability before the stroke which is entirely understandable. He accomplished so much with this team and made so many good clutch plays in huge games and showed a lot of strength and will coming back from a stroke. We will miss you Tedy and I wish him the best for what he does in the future.

Last edited:
Thanks for the memories Tedy. This is a sad to be sure for all Pats fans.

Tedy will be one of those classy local guys that those of us in the new england area can look forward to hearing from for years to come.

What a true Patriot......Bissel ought to put Tedy's likeness on the side of the helmet for the old school logo -- bug eyes and all!!

Thanks for everything TB.

Thanks Tedy.

Florio on PFT is classy, as usual. Intimates that the team told him to retire, based on absolutely nothing.

Isn't that the logical inference? "Tedy, you're not going to make the team. We would like to give you the opportunity to retire, rather than being waived." That's prolly how it went down.

My photo of Bruschi's last game

IMG_0817.jpg

I'm not much of a photographer, but I was at the game Friday, not realizing it would be Tedy's last. Here's a photo I took. It says a lot about Bruschi that I felt the need to capture him on (digital) film.

Tedy, I will never forget the era when you were as big a defensive playmaker as I've ever seen.

He has been a Pats favorite in family for years. He played the game the way it should be played and despite his regional stardom, he never let it get to his head. A true class act, all the way.

Isn't that the logical inference? "Tedy, you're not going to make the team. We would like to give you the opportunity to retire, rather than being waived." That's prolly how it went down.
It's either that or Tedy himself saw the writing on the wall and decided he would rather do it this way.

So...do we think this is a "we're going to cut you so you should probably retire" thing or a "I'm not playing a big enough role and I don't want to go out as a scrub inactive" thing?

I don't care how bad he's looked, there are 53 spots on the team. We can get by with 52 and Tedy.

I just want Tedy to win another ring.

I loved Tedy talking trash after he got his third ring. Sadly I want it for him because he was sitting on the end of the bench with Vrabel at the end of the AFCCG in 2006, and you know how pissed they were at what had transpired.

Re: Official Thank You Tedy Bruschi Thread

Thank you Tedy- for all you have done on and off the field. You will be greatly missed!

So...do we think this is a "we're going to cut you so you should probably retire" thing or a "I'm not playing a big enough role and I don't want to go out as a scrub inactive" thing?

...or a "crap, I just can't do this anymore" thing.

Could be any of the above, and I truly don't care. Everybody's time comes eventually. Tedy recognized that, which is a hard, hard thing for an athlete to do.

I don't care how bad he's looked, there are 53 spots on the team. We can get by with 52 and Tedy.

I just want Tedy to win another ring.

I loved Tedy talking trash after he got his third ring. Sadly I want it for him because he was sitting on the end of the bench with Vrabel at the end of the AFCCG in 2006, and you know how pissed they were at what had transpired.

Just because he is retired doesn't mean he can't unretire later in the season. Don't rule it out especially if there are injuries.

Just because he is retired doesn't mean he can't unretire later in the season. Don't rule it out especially if there are injuries.

Somehow, I don't think that he'd do that.

That said, if they could create a position for him like they did for O-T-I-S. . . .

Last edited:
Re: Bruschi will retire [mergedx6]

Personally, I think he has what it takes to coach. Several former players who played under Belichick have joined the coaching ranks including Pepper Johnson, Otis Smith, Bryan Cox, Rick Lyle, and Jerome Henderson. If they can do it, Bruschi certainly can. While a player, Bruschi has been a coach/mentor to many players including Mayo.

I'd love to see Tedy as a coach. Much as I'm grateful for his contributions over the past decade, I didn't think Bruschi had anything left to give on the field. On the sideline, he's a tremendous asset. I wasn't sure this would happen, but I think it's the best thing.

This has been a tumuluous offseason/preseason in terms of reshaping the franchise. This really is a new team with new leadership in many ways. The new kids will have a lot of work to do in order to fill the shoes of those who have moved on.

Yes, a sad day, but one that everyone knew would come sooner or later. I, too, would hope that the Organization can find a spot for him on the staff. He's still got a great deal of knowledge and insight that should be tapped.

respects,

Great player. Class act. He will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back