PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inside The NFL Moves To The CW

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Inside the NFL debuted on HBO in 1977 and ran for 31 years before moving to Showtime in 2008. Following more than a decade there, it moved to Paramount+ in 2021.

The show will make its CW debut at 8 p.m. Sept. 5 and run there (as well as on the network’s streaming app) throughout the NFL season. That will also result in some changes to The CW’s previously announced fall schedule, with details to be announced later.

This used to be such an amazing program.

Didn't have access to cable until January 1981; and until then the best non-local NFL program we had during the 70's had been This Week in Pro Football with Tom Brookshier & Pat Summerall... It was strictly a highlights show of all the previous week's games, however, so it wasn't until we were able to watch Inside the NFL with Nick Buonoconti & Len Dawson that we were given commentary, breakdowns, interviews etc... Looked forward to it every week for the next dozen+ years... By the time the NFLN launched (2004?), other, better programming had been made available on ESPN when it was still a sports station; Inside the NFL then became an afterthought.

The NFL Films voices of John Facenda and Harry Kalas made those NFL Films highlights jump off the screen... I have so many memories of those voices watching with me dad... once that were gone, it wasn't as intererting to me...

I barely watch since they left Showtime. I can only imagine how far their viewership has fallen.
I stopped watching regularly soon after it went from an hour show with 15 minutes of talk and 45 minutes of game highlights, hosted by Len Dawson and Nick Buonoconti, to 15 minutes of game highlights (if that much) and 45 minutes or more of talk from a half dozen blowhards. I haven't missed a thing.

I used to look forward to that show every Tuesday but it has moved around so much in the last few years I didn't know where to find it. Now it is moving to a network I have never even heard of.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back