PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi will retire [mergedx5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for 5 trips to the Big Game.

Thank you for 3 Lombardi's.

Thank you for embodying what it means to be a Patriot.

Thank you for giving me a reason to throw snow in the air.

Thank you for being the man for all these years.

Thanks Tedy.

Florio on PFT is classy, as usual. Intimates that the team told him to retire, based on absolutely nothing.

PFT is a joke.... when it comes to players and its feeling.... I did not watch the whole game but guess it was Tedy's swan song... Again wish he gets one more year as a role player, but this means Mayo and Gutyon have beaten him out... Tedy , please one more year..

Now only four players left from the 2001 Super Bowl: Brady, Faulk, Light, and Seymour.

Bruschi was the last of the 1996 Super Bowl Pats. Troy Brown had been the other guy.

Getting old sucks.

I'm glad it was announced on a national NFL broadcast and not Twitter.

There will be a new banner at Gillette.

Florio on PFT is classy, as usual. Intimates that the team told him to retire, based on absolutely nothing.

:enranged: Screw him , who care !

I would love to see Tedy back in one of the coaching positions LB coach may be

Thanks a lot Tedy. Your leadership will be miss. Please come back Linebacker coach?

Easily my favourite image of Tedy:

tedy%20bruschi%203%20time%20champion.JPG

Epic :cool:

Damn...

One of the all time great Patriots will be missed.

Official Thank You Tedy Bruschi Thread

I hear Tedy Bruschi is going to announce his retirement this week. If so, Tedy, from the bottom of my heart, thank you thank you thank you and thank you for EVERYTHING you have done for the New England Patriots. You were the leader on defense and helped restore the team to greatness. We will miss you immensely. Your fire, intensity and passion was unparalleled. I hope somehow you remain part of the Patriots in some other capacity - perhaps as a coach? All the best to you and your family.

Last edited:
Easily my favourite image of Tedy:

tedy%20bruschi%203%20time%20champion.JPG

Epic :cool:

so true... the strip on Edge was my second favorite memory.....Tedy was awesome.... And will miss him very dearly... I knew this year was going to be his last,but wish he got one more year...:(

PFT is a joke.... when it comes to players and its feeling.... I did not watch the whole game but guess it was Tedy's swan song... Again wish he gets one more year as a role player, but this means Mayo and Gutyon have beaten him out... Tedy , please one more year..

Tedy always had class and dignity. If he's announcing his retirement, then that's the story.

Sorry, this tacky crap journalism just gets under my skin sometimes.

I had an endzone seat for the 2007 AFC Championship game.

Bruschi made a super play to help win the game.

Good luck at whatever you do, Tedy.

Last edited:
I realize we're all taking space here to thank Tedy for everything he has done for us Pats fans, as well as congratulating him on a career well done. But let me just say this:

If another Patriots player ever wears 54 again, I'm switching teams.

so true... the strip on Edge was my second favorite memory.....Tedy was awesome.... And will miss him very dearly... I knew this year was going to be his last,but wish he got one more year...:(

mine is either the pick-six against the dolphins when he strutted into the end zone and essentially created the snow throwing thing

OR,

his emotional rant after beating indy in the playoffs, i cant remember if it was after the AFCCG, or the next year in the divisional round.

Re: Official Thank You Tedy Bruschi Thread

Tedy , this is a year for me to soon.. You have given your heart and soul to one organization, and you were proud of it... I wish we could have had one more super bowl title together... But you were a warrior, and hope you will be part of the Pats from now till the end of eternatiy.. Thank You Tedy and best of Luck..

Re: Official Thank You Tedy Bruschi Thread

Thank you Tedy! You are a true professional and I admire your perserverance and dedication. Thank you for making my Sundays special!

Re: Bruschi retires

The list of potential thumb-ringers dwindles to a precious few... :(

I have been a Pats fan since the very beginning, and I have only ever bought two Patriots jersies: Tom Brady and Tedy Bruschi. 'Nuff said.

He was always such a class act, from the way he represented himself and didn't try to take the team for every last dollar even when he was a Pro-Bowler, to having the courage to return after a stroke, to having the dignity to accept a diminished role. Tedy Bruschi will always be a true New England Patriot and one of the few in this era of shorter rookie contracts and free agency who played his entire career with one team.

Good luck Tedy, in whatever you decide to do, you're a man amongst boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back