PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi will retire [mergedx5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to retire another jersey.

Losing Bruschi hurts, the team is losing a piece of it's recent identity, in my opinion

Lump in my throat. The truly AMAZING and wonderful thing is he got to play his entire career with one team. And he had a blast.

ditto on the lump.....ditto on the sentiment...well said

/cheers to a great man on and off the field

Was our last guy that was on the 96 SB team, one of my fav Pat's of all time.

God bless you Brew!!!

Re: Bruschi will retire [mergedx6]

Wow .. I remember when he was on the "Desert Swarm" defense ... Thanks for the mems ...

SI082994.jpg

Great picture; any idea who the others are?

As for Tedy, it's a terrible, terrible shame that the Pats didn't take care of business in the SB That Shall Not Be Named, for many reasons, one of them being that Tedy, Troy, Rodney & Junior could then have simultaneously retired as First-Ever Undefeated Champions.

Just writing about Tedy & that horrible, horrible night has now given me a pain that is undescribable: it's a foul mixture of bitterness, anger, longing, sadness, nostalgia & emptiness.

Before I delve into places so dark that nothing of light or goodness or joy can live there, I have a practical question:
What are the salary cap implications?

Thank you for 5 trips to the Big Game.

Thank you for 3 Lombardi's.

Thank you for embodying what it means to be a Patriot.

Thank you for giving me a reason to throw snow in the air.

Thank you for being the man for all these years.

Yeah, what he said.

It's a sad day in Patriots Nation. Best of luck Teddy. It's been a privilege and a joy watching you play all these years. You have embodied all of the qualities that this team has had over the years that have made them so much fun to follow. Wherever life takes you, you'll always be a New England Patriot.

Thanks for the memories,

);pyper

Great picture; any idea who the others are?

As for Tedy, it's a terrible, terrible shame that the Pats didn't take care of business in the SB That Shall Not Be Named, for many reasons, one of them being that Tedy, Troy, Rodney & Junior could then have simultaneously retired as First-Ever Undefeated Champions.

Just writing about Tedy & that horrible, horrible night has now given me a pain that is undescribable: it's a foul mixture of bitterness, anger, longing, sadness, nostalgia & emptiness.

Before I delve into places so dark that nothing of light or goodness or joy can live there, I have a practical question:
What are the salary cap implications?

....."and you had me at hello".......too funny,cap'n

I was sort of hoping your practical question was going to be "Are we gonna play Stonehenge tonight?"

The implications are somewhere around 1.4-1.5 million in cap relief.

Time to retire another jersey.

Losing Bruschi hurts, the team is losing a piece of it's recent identity, in my opinion

Yeah, seems like every year we lose another one. Brown last year, now Bruschi. What are we down to,: Brady, Faulk, Light, Seymour? Anyone else?

Last edited:
My favorite image of Tedy was that NFL Network commercial on "America's Game",where it shows Tedy,in close-up,running up to the LOS with him exhaling frozen breath.Chilling.....anyone remember that?......God,I wish I had that video.

Also,didn't Tedy tie the NCAA record for sacks as part of the "Desert Swarm" defense at AZS?

Thank you Tedy. You are forever a true Patriot to all of us.

Wow, I haven't reacted this emotionally about a sports figure since Larry Bird returned to Boston as a coach of Indiana. (During the game, they played a video tribute and ended with "Welcome Home." which caused me to get little misty while applauding as hard as I could)

Here's a NFL video

YouTube - Tedy Bruschi Tribute - NFL Linebacker

The Miami interception at 2:15 unfortunately doesn't show the snow tosses from the crowd. That was a special moment. He is a special man.

Words can not express. Thanks Tedy, you were and always will be, one of my favorites. Thanks for the memories.

tedy-bruschi--snow-game-12703-%C2%A9photofile.jpg

Tedy will never be forgotten. By far, he was my favorite Patriot. Although its a sad day, it had to happen. After the Skins game, I couldnt help but think that an era was ending.

Good luck to you Tedy

Full Tilt Forever!!!

Man Im gonna miss ol' 54. One of my favorite Pats of all time! :)

My God man..

It's been a long day- what with cutting kevin O'Connell and then Bruschi "announces his retirement.."

Some real serious house-cleaning going on; shaking up that outfit.

We salute you Bruschi. You will never be forgotten.

A class act.

Last edited:
Getting old sucks.

It beats the alternative.

Tedy, I'm sure, agrees.

What he did in 2005 transcends sports and I've seen the inspiration he effected.

To the Bruschi family, enjoy many years of health and happiness.

May your years be filled with joy.

Last edited:
My wife, I and my dog Tedy B. wish him the best of luck, there is a lot to be said when you recognize when it is time to do this.. instead of hanging on and being less of a player than you are used to being.

I was 12 the last time he didn't suit up for this team in the course of a season. I grew up with him and it is going to be really weird not seeing him out there.

You always rocked and for that We Salute You!!!

Full Tilt forever!!!!

I know the numbers are getting thin but 54 should be retired as 80 and 12 should be a few others need to stick out for the career to earn their chance. After that maybe it stops.

:eat3: this Bru is for you....:youtheman:

I was 12 the last time he didn't suit up for this team in the course of a season. I grew up with him and it is going to be really weird not seeing him out there.

You always rocked and for that We Salute You!!!

Full Tilt forever!!!!

I know the numbers are getting thin but 54 should be retired as 80 and 12 should be a few others need to stick out for the career to earn their chance. After that maybe it stops.

:eat3: this Bru is for you....:youtheman:

I'll be legitimately shocked if 54 doesn't get retired.

I'll be legitimately shocked if 54 doesn't get retired.

I was pretty shocked to 80 on the field this year. They both will be honored and patriot hall famers but they might not retire numbers anymore. As I just said though they should make 54, 80, and 12 the last 3 well I gues 93 if he finishes here.

and I just noticed a few people left Neal of the list of 01 guys still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft