Do Bruschi and Brown Return in 2007?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After the Samuel situation one of the next looming issues revolves around the potential retirement of two all time Patriots.

Do you think Bruschi & Brown return?

Another angle to consider that I hadn't really thought of. Do the Pats want them to return or do they want to get younger at these positions?

Bruschi's play really slipped in 2006 but I can't see any reason why the Patriots wouldn't want both players back.

Brown, I'm really not sure.

I think Bruschi should definitely return, and my gut tells me he will.

He can still contribute in a part time role, if he is moved back to the position he played before Ted Johnson retired.

At some point Brown can't do it. I see him coming back, but I think he's 50/50.

Bruschi I'm positive will come back, and I hope Bill sits him down and talks to him about being a run stuffer and not a coverage guy. He'll be like what Johnson and Phifer were. We had Phifer on the field for passes and Johnson for the run.

If Brown wants to play, he plays ,but my gut tells me, Bruschi is coming back and Troy is gone... Also I do feel if they won the super bowl this yr, it was going to be both thier last yrs.

I dont think there is anyway Bruschi retires after this year. Brown, I'm less sure, but I believe he will be back as well.

I think they both come back and contribute significantly as always.

People seem to forget that Bruschi played with a cast all year long. All this talk of diminished skills and lack of big plays - it ain't easy with one hand folks. The fire still burns there and all that is needed is talent around him.

As for Troy Brown, last time I checked he made lots of key catches, is the most trustworthy option for catching punts in the shadow of our goal line, still can play as a "D" back if/when needed and I seem to recall a playoff game saving strip. Position flexibility coupled with smarts equals one more year for Troy IMHO.

I think Bruschi returns, but in a more limited role. I think he plays first and second downs only. I think Brown retires. He has been waivering for a few years and I think this is the year he calls it quits.

I hope I am wrong, but do not see neither.. both have had too many hits, too much wear and tear on their bodies, both are smart men who know when to walk away, before they are carried away.

I think Troy comes back as long as he has anything left in him. And he has plenty left in the tank. Not a great WR but still he is very reliable and makes big plays for us(Forced fumble...). Unless he really cant take it anymore physically, I think he returns. Dunno about Bruschi. He is considering retirement, I never heard any mention of Troy retiring.

I think Troy comes back as long as he has anything left in him. And he has plenty left in the tank. Not a great WR but still he is very reliable and makes big plays for us(Forced fumble...). Unless he really cant take it anymore physically, I think he returns. Dunno about Bruschi. He is considering retirement, I never heard any mention of Troy retiring.

:yeahthat:

I was about to vote for Brown returns because of the current situation at WR and Brown being the gamer that he is, I think it's unlikely he hangs it up after an unsuccessful season. Bruschi, meantime, has health issues and its looking like we're drafting a LB high and/or signing a veteran starter. But ultimately I believe Bruschi will return, just in a slightly less significant role. We need Bruschi's leadership and we need depth at the position anyway. Also, like Brown, I believe Bruschi is unsatisfied with the way the previous season has ended.

Both return. Both can still play, albeit in reduced roles.

I choose ''Both Return ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes