PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos sign Aqib Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a theme...... Oh and thank you for your concern about my mental capabilities but you are nowhere near qualified to be judging anyone on that. Now back on your high horse.

You can't grasp something as simple as my judging the top 4 cornerbacks based on my evaluations, something as simple as different sites/organizations have different rankings, or something as simple as knowing that CBS is not the end all and be all of free agent cornerback evaluations. Judging that is something everyone capable of reading the posts would be qualified to do.

A high horse has nothing to do with it.

I will say, though, that if this team bucks the bargain basement trend and actually signs Revis while getting Woodyard and using the draft to add a DE to the rotation along with maybe Easley as a 3-tech and a head hunting safety like Bucannon (or someone big with range like Exum or McGill), this defense will be a lot better than it was last year. If Revis signs with this team, I will come into this thread and admit, in big bold letters, that I am a mega ***hole.

You're just being realistic. I don't think anyone who says it's a long shot to get Revis deserves to get internet criticism. Anyone who's saying he is a real possibility doesn't really deserve credit for saying so unless they can provide some path to that happening which isn't anything other than a hunch or a prayer.

As you've already made clear, based on everything we know about Revis, he's going to search for something close to his $16M/year figure, and there are many teams out there with much more money available to come close to that. Even if you assume the Patriots are now "desperate" for a CB, you'd also have to assume that either:

A) Revis breaks his habit of seeking top dollar in a manner necessary for the Patriots to afford him. OR...

B) The Patriots do something that is very close to a 180 in terms of their team building philosophy by paying Revis the top of the market deal he's likely seeking, which would be more than everyone else in the locker room.

So are the people who still claim the Patriots are cheap unable to do math or have a selective blindness when it comes to looking at charts showing available cap room year in and year out?

I sent Talib a gift certificate to the Rocky Mountain High Head Shop. Fast forward 6 months.......

images

Practice?

Bedard with a solid idea…

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 20m
Too bad Chris Harris is coming off ACL. A great counter move by Patriots would be to sign him to offer sheet after DEN finished spending $

You can't grasp something as simple as my judging the top 4 cornerbacks based on my evaluations, something as simple as different sites/organizations have different rankings, or something as simple as knowing that CBS is not the end all and be all of free agent cornerback evaluations. Judging that is something everyone capable of reading the posts would be qualified to do.

A high horse has nothing to do with it.

Ohh I understand that different sites have different rankings and guess what a lot of them have Alterraun Verner at the top, or top 4 as you keep saying. In any case I am done with you as your ego doesn't allow for any conversation unless you feel you are on top at all times even when you are wrong.

1. CBS sports #1 rated CB
2014 NFL Football Free Agents - CBSSports.com Free Agent Tracker

2. SB nation #1 rated CB
2014 NFL free agent rankings: Top 15 free agents at each position - SBNation.com

3. Profootballscout #1 rated CB
Scout.com: 2014 NFL Free Agency CB Rankings

4. Bleacherreport #2 rated (secondary)

NFL Free Agency 2014: Re-Rankings of the Top 10 Players at Every Position | Bleacher Report

5. Profootball focus #4 ranked CB
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/20/ranking-the-2014-free-agents-cornerbacks/

That hip was good enough that most Patsfans.com posters were in love with the idea of re-signing him yesterday. I wonder what happened in the last 24 hours that made that hip such a huge problem...

Sure, I would have re-signed him.

At a cap friendly price.

How is that so hard for you to understand?

Meanwhile YOUR campaign issue of three years ago (Mankins) is now one of the major obstacles for the Patriots.

Some people never learn.........

Ohh I understand that different sites have different rankings and guess what a lot of them have Alterraun Verner at the top, or top 4 as you keep saying. In any case I am done with you as your ego doesn't allow for any conversation unless you feel you are on top at all times even when you are wrong.

You jumped into a discussion with an irrelevant post. You won't admit that your post was irrelevant. You just posted multiple sites that showed different spots for the very CB your pimping as if he's in your stable, while not posting the site I'd mentioned that had your boy out of the top 5, and you're talking about my ego?

That's good comedy. Go put on your clown shoes.

Sure, I would have re-signed him.

At a cap friendly price.

Meanwhile YOUR campaign issue of three years ago (Mankins) is now one of the major obstacles for the Patriots.

Some people never learn.........

While it's true that you never seem to learn, I'm not giving up hope. One day you'll figure it out. I have faith in you.

And the Pats are even weaker the last time they played the Broncos.....

I don't see how getting back Gronkowski, Mayo, Vollmer, Boyce and Kelly while losing Talib makes them "even weaker", but rock on!

Broncos threw a lot of money on Talib, there's more guaranteed money than the general amount that some of us were speculating, including me.

What a punch in the chin

While it's true that you never seem to learn, I'm not giving up hope. One day you'll figure it out. I have faith in you.

Nice try. Obviously, you cannot handle the truth. Once again:

"Sure, I would have re-signed him.

At a cap friendly price.

Some people never learn........."

You can counter with "I know you are but what am I" answers, but anyone reading that sees your response for what it is.

I don't see how getting back Gronkowski, Mayo, Vollmer, Boyce and Kelly while losing Talib makes them "even weaker", but rock on!

Yeah, especially since the last time they played the Broncos, they lost Talib early in the first quarter of the game. So right now, the only player who players against the Broncos who are not on the team now are Edelman and Wendell (am I missing anyone?).

My initial reaction to the news that Talib went to the Broncos

ivDgOHN9zcOeg.gif

But then seeing the contract they just gave out to a guy who's hip is on it's way to the BO Jackson Hall of Fame

196fuarapyylmgif.gif
Do you have racial identity issues?

You do realize that Denver also had a boatload of good players injured as well, and that they are also getting those players back. Injuries happen in the NFL, too many fans are using the injuries as an excuse.

I wonder what kind of bad blood there is now between Talib and Welker, after the former accused the midget of taking him out of the AFCCG with a dirty/illegal hit…. :rolleyes: :D

You do realize that Denver also had a boatload of good players injured as well, and that they are also getting those players back. Injuries happen in the NFL, too many fans are using the injuries as an excuse.

Lol.. People don't understand this...

We are getting Boyce back!!!!! Yay!!!

I'm sure the Broncos are terrified of Josh Boyce. And getting back Gronkowski? Yeah, for 6 games, before he gets a tummyache or something and then can't play in the postseason, again.

Shmessy has no clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick