PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos fire Shanahan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great coach-I'm sure he'll land another job pretty quickly. I'm not sure who Denver thinks they're going to get who's better?

Gotta think they have Cowher lined up ...

Makes you wonder. Shanahan has gone 10 years with no super Bowl ring.

If Belichick goes another 6 years without a ring, is he in trouble?

Just kidding.

Mangini just dropped at least one notch on the Browns' wish list.

Shanahan is a great coach who spent too much time with one organization and it showed. I would bet he could go to the Lions and turn that team around in a couple of years. With the Browns, I bet he makes them a playoff contender next year.

I would not want to see him with the Jets. It is painful to see him on the schedule once a year with the Broncos.

Last edited:
I'd say, if Kansas City gets their head out of their ass and fires Herm, Shanahan would be a great fit there.

Would rather see Cowher in the AFCE than Shanahan, by a long shot.

Now pioli will have a better option than Josh.

Have to believe that Shanahan would want some personnel decision making and he might have enough clout to get it.

Was Shanny the GM too? If so Pioli has another prospect. I love the Denvah arear.

He was fired with years remaining on his contract, which means he's being bought out. Wouldn't surprise me if he takes a year off, at least, vs. jumping right into another job. I'm hoping both he and Cowher pass on the Green Beans.

Actually, it doesn't necessarily mean he's being bought out. The Broncos can strip him of his duties, but he remains their property until the contract is up. That means that teams have to ask permission to talk to Shanahan and they would have to give up compensation for him.

what about oakland?

al_davis.jpg

Not with that man.

Would rather see Cowher in the AFCE than Shanahan, by a long shot.

According to Adam Schefter, there is no chance Cowher is coming back to coach this year.

al_davis.jpg

Not with that man.

According to Adam Schefter, there is no chance Cowher is coming back to coach this year.

good, let the jets find another lame duck coach

Everybody here is talking about the Jets. If Shanahan takes another job, I think it might be the Cowboys. Despite what Jones is saying, I don't think Wade is going to last that much longer there and Shanahan is a Super Bowl winning head coach.

Everybody here is talking about the Jets. If Shanahan takes another job, I think it might be the Cowboys. Despite what Jones is saying, I don't think Wade is going to last that much longer there and Shanahan is a Super Bowl winning head coach.

Only if he can get Jerry Jones to back the hell off.

I don't know what the local experts are saying KontradictioN....

But who the heck does Jack Del Rio still have a job?
At least the Jets put up a fight!

Gotta think they have Cowher lined up ...

Great point; I hadn't thought of that. Shanahan was also GM right? That would be the perfect place for Cowher.

Couldn't win without Elway and salary cap cheating.....

Please, PLEASE keep him away from the Meadowlands. Shanahan, for all of his recent failings (and there have been more than a lot of people realize), coaches EXTREMELY well against BB's Pats. I do not want to see him twice a year.

Ill obviously take BB in a heartbeat, but there is no denying Shanahan's success this decade against the Pats...

I suspect Shanahan falls in the Holmgren/Parcells/Belichick school of thought and as such does not want pushy owners meddling in his team operation.

After Parcells bolted that job and Jones hired Wade, a yes man, my money would be on Shanahan not approaching that job with a 10-foot pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back