PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Fans Talking Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat heretical I know, but if quantum uncertainty collapses in a way the the Patriots are not the AFC Champs, then my next choice would be a Saints-Donks SuperBowl. Entertaining with no despised teams (I USED to hate the Donks, but no more).

I'd rather see the 49ers in there than the Saints, just because the Saints won a SB more recently and I don't want to see the "Brees is better than Brady!" gaining traction. But a Saints/Broncos SB wouldn't be bad either.

Last edited:
How about that one in the 1st quarter (possibly 2nd) where he lofted it into the endonze, with his reciever double covered? He got lucky it wasn't picked off...that thing looked like a punt.

I'd have to see the film on it, and the video that had most of the passes has been pulled.

It must be the thin air out there:

Eli Manning is playing up to his potential ( I personally have always thought he is better than Peyton) and they could go to the big show as well.

:eek:

WTF are these people on?

Somewhat heretical I know, but if quantum uncertainty collapses in a way the the Patriots are not the AFC Champs, then my next choice would be a Saints-Donks SuperBowl. Entertaining with no despised teams (I USED to hate the Donks, but no more).

Waiting for a thread on the Broncos forum quoting this post, titled "Pats Fans Already Talking About Pats Losing to Broncos!"

It's no different than a lot of the threads that you see here, really. I don't see why fans being optimistic is such a bad thing.

Agreed. let them get hyped up if they want. They will get brought down to earth in a week. The Pats offense is a lot more potent than one led by a hobbled big ben that was also missing Mendenhall.

I'd rather see the 49ers in there than the Saints, just because the Saints won a SB more recently and I don't want to see the "Brees is better than Brady!" gaining traction. But a Saints/Broncos SB wouldn't be bad either.

Bad choice. I'm rooting for Pats vs Packers. Let the hottest QBs in the NFL duel it out in a high scoring game. Not ignoring the Saints, but I already predicted Pats vs packers earlier in the year. :)

Last edited:
It must be the thin air out there:

Eli Manning is playing up to his potential ( I personally have always thought he is better than Peyton) and they could go to the big show as well.

:eek:

WTF are these people on?

Is that really that far fetched? Eli's playoff run in 07/08 was more impressive than anything Peyton has done in the playoffs. Giants have a tough road ahead of them, but Eli has generally lived up the occasion.

The kiss of football death...

The only bad pass he threw all night was the one where the receiver was coming across the middle on 3rd down towards the end of the game and Tebow short hopped it.

You missed him zing it 25 yards out of bounds and away from a wide open receiver in the first half. There was more than just one bad pass.

You missed him zing it 25 yards out of bounds and away from a wide open receiver in the first half. There was more than just one bad pass.

1.) Simms was the one who said one bad pass, as I've mentioned. I've used it because he mentioned it. When someone mentioned another pass, I went to find it, but the NFL had put a copyright claim in on the highlight thread and their own version didn't have it.

2.) If you're talking about that first pass of the game, the receiver was nowhere near wide open.

1.) Simms was the one who said one bad pass, as I've mentioned. I've used it because he mentioned it. When someone mentioned another pass, I went to find it, but the NFL had put a copyright claim in on the highlight thread and their own version didn't have it.

2.) If you're talking about that first pass of the game, the receiver was nowhere near wide open.

Ah, I guess I missed the part where you were quoting Simms. It wasn't the first play of the game. It was either halfway through the first or second quarter (can't recall off the top of my head because I was swamped in work too) where he badly missed on a receiver running and out. Had he hit his receiver in stride, that receiver could have cut it back inside for a HUGE gain. But he didn't. Tebow's hit and miss. He's been that way since college. When he's accurate, he can put it right in your lap 60 yards downfield. When he's inaccurate, the coaches and athletic trainers on the sidelines as well as the people in the first row had better duck for cover. That's part of the reason why I'm not as nervous about this game as I was last year at this time.

Last edited:
Ah, I guess I missed the part where you were quoting Simms.

It may have been in another thread. This same basic discussion is taking place in multiple spots. However, the reality is that Tebow might have completed just 10 passes, but he wasn't making a lot of bad throws. Whether the number of bad throws was 1 or 2, or even 3, isn't going to change that. Unfortunately, people here analyze other teams as if they've never seen a football game before, and they act like anything less than perfect is the exact same as horrible.

It wasn't the first play of the game. It was either halfway through the first or second quarter (can't recall off the top of my head because I was swamped in work too) where he badly missed on a receiver running and out. Had he hit his receiver in stride, that receiver could have cut it back inside for a HUGE gain. But he didn't. Tebow's hit and miss. He's been that way since college. When he's accurate, he can put it right in your lap 60 yards downfield. When he's inaccurate, the coaches and athletic trainers on the sidelines as well as the people in the first row had better duck for cover. That's part of the reason why I'm not as nervous about this game as I was last year at this time.

Denver may not win (I don't expect them to), but they gave the Patriots a better game a few weeks ago than the Jets did in that second regular season game last season.

What?

Did Denver cheat the salary cap %18, three years in a row again?

Is that why they think they'll win another SB?:cool:

Donks fans "talking" about the SuperBowl, reminds me of Francis the Talking Mule.

You'll need the Wayback Machine here.

Don't see a problem with what was written there at all....it's what I would expect...there's nothing wrong with having some faith. It wasn't a long time ago that's all THIS team's fans had...faith and a bit of hope!

There are a lot of fans in Houston who believe the Texans will win the Super Bowl. Part of being a fan.

Going to the Broncos Country forum has been a guilty pleasure so far this week. These guys really think they're gonna win!! Granted, "any given sunday" can go into effect again for them this weekend, but really, it ain't gonna happen.

Broncos going to the Super Bowl.....
crying.gif

I will never laugh at a fanbase for thinking their team can win....what is the point of being a fan?!?

Last edited:
I still don't see how Herm isn't coaching right now. He is a good coach.

Talking about Herm Edwards!!! LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents