PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Patriots inquiring about #12 from Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the locals and former locals who are now nationals can't seem to confirm or deny the rumor, Stacy Dales who is at Gillette reporting for NFLN says the team has confirmed to her that no one has spoken to the Seahawks about trading for 12 - not coach, not Caserio, or anyone else...

NFLN reported the rumors were bogus.

...FINISH HIM. I kept trying to tell pfip this exact same thing throughout the season before he would ultimately realize that his argument was flawed and weak. Wouldn't you know that a lack of possessions in quality field position ultimately ended up costing the Pats the biggest game of the season? I mean, who would thunk it?

Points are all that matters though man! I'm not sure how anyone on this board can't say a defensive improvement is needed and that our offense needed a stretch the field receiver. This is probably a guy that was saying Lloyd wasn't needed because we have the best scoring offense in the league.. until the games actually matter and corners can mug your guys in the playoffs! We should trade all our picks for a thousand dollars to get BB a nice massage chair, the team clearly doesn't need anything else to improve.

While the locals and former locals who are now nationals can't seem to confirm or deny the rumor, Stacy Dales who is at Gillette reporting for NFLN says the team has confirmed to her that no one has spoken to the Seahawks about trading for 12 - not coach, not Caserio, or anyone else...

This might sound a bit too conspiracy like, BUT have we not seen in every other past draft the pats letting other teams use them to stir up trade interest. Every single year we have heard we're trying to move up for so and so or for such and such pick. Mysteriously this year we vehemently deny that we're doing this? When every other year we've stood silent. Perhaps there was some actual truth to this and the pats are pissed it got out, only reason why they'd actually deny it for once.

Of course the fact that Seattle leaked this means the trade is all but dead. Luckily theres some folks that run a similar ship at #11 that might be willing to quietly talk about a trade.

EDIT: And Schefter just said we are one of the teams interested in moving up. I believe Schefter he is never wrong. It doesn't mean it will happen but it might.

Last edited:
These rumors could easily be coming from the Seahawks. They see the market for Barron heating up between 13-15, and they may be trying to talk any of Barron's suitors into moving up to 12 if they want him.

Last edited:
They will only make 1 pick in the 1st round..but have no clue where it will be. They will trade 1 for either more later on..or to move up

I don't know if I believe this story either though. I do believe that the Pats have spoken to teams about trading up probably including the Seahawks, but I don't know if that means they will seriously consider it when the Seahawks go on the clock.

NFLN reported the rumors were bogus.

I dont believe any reports right now....Not the initial one and not the denial. Its all misinformation right now.

The original rumor easily could have been floated by the Seahawks to try and strum up intrest.

But if the rumor was true then the Patriots would be in denial right now for sure.

I believe it's a double fake-out.

Attachments

• DFO.jpg
    DFO.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 187
this sounds like it's one of those never-mess-with-a-sicilian-when-death-is-on-the-line situations.

Schefter tweeted about 5 teams including the pats will move up if right guy is there at certain pick.

Who knows what Bill is going to do. We won't know until 8 tonight

Last edited:
Both are names that spring to mind, so are Fletcher Cox and even Quinton Coples....

Coples sucks, no one will trade up for him. I want Chandler Jones, when he fills out :eek:

Schefter tweeted about 5 teams including the pats will move up if right guy is there at certain pick.

Who knows what Bill is going to do. We won't know until 8 tonight

This isn't very much of a stretch. Likely the easiest piece of "reporting" Schefter will do all day.

This isn't very much of a stretch. Likely the easiest piece of "reporting" Schefter will do all day.

These types of rumors are the best for reporters. They can make these sensational stories and then when they don't come true they can just say that the player these teams were targeting just weren't there at the point they were willing to trade.

But that won't stop this already 8 page thread to expand to double digits...but I digress.

Why is Brockers still being mentioned as a possible player the Pats would move up for to draft? This is a guy who I wouldn't pick at 31. How could you justify picking a one dimensional DT who couldn't get on the field in passing situations in COLLEGE. We need an interior pass rusher, so we solve the problem by picking a developmental one down DT, just because in a couple of year he MIGHT turn into something resembling Richard Seymour. Folks this is Marquise Hill (RIP) part II. A fine choice to speculate on with the last pick the 2nd round. But to use a valuable first round pick on him would be borderline stupid. To trade up for him would be preposterous.

That being said, I am fully confident that if BB really wants a player, he'd pull the trigger and do what it took to trade up for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes