PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Solder Gone For Season. Will Have Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blows but, we have a lot of depth on the line.

I can't believe people are ok with this. This was a terrible loss. Ughh

Sucks anytime someone is lost for the year. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Though I'm thinking Wilk, Sheldon, Snacks n Williams are OK with it. :)

Our entire defense is more than ok with your QB situation.

I guess we're lucky then that half our average offense will win any game against you guys.

So how is Fleming? All I remember is that he played a lot early last year when the OL didnt look good. Once stork and the rest of the line played regularly, don't remember seeing him much

So how is Fleming? All I remember is that he played a lot early last year when the OL didnt look good. Once stork and the rest of the line played regularly, don't remember seeing him much

He played primarily as the 6th OL in heavy formations when we were ramming the ball down people's throats with Blount. Then he got hurt (high ankle sprain, I think?) and wasn't really heard from after that. As RT depth, I'm about as confident in him as you reasonably can be in a team's 4th tackle.

Great video link,

real bad event.

Looks like Crawford almost rips Solder's arm out of the socket there. Plus he got the sack.

I can't believe people are ok with this. This was a terrible loss. Ughh

We're on to Cannon.

It is what it is.

Every team has injuries.

The Pats are prepared to handle them.

Hes another one that they tried at guard and it was an epic fail.

We better cross our fingers on cannon. I still don't trust the guy

We better cross our fingers on cannon. I still don't trust the guy

He'll be fine. He will get help from a TE when going up against elite pass rushers. That worked out well in the 2nd half.

Our entire defense is more than ok with your QB situation.

Ha, can't argue with that. Fitz has been average at best. Will have to raise his game a bit to have a shot.

I guess we're lucky then that half our average offense will win any game against you guys.

This I'm not all that sure of. Sure the Pats should and will be favored week 7, but never know. Last season there were close games and the Jets had a high school caliber secondary.

We're on to Cannon.

It is what it is.

Every team has injuries.

The Pats are prepared to handle them.

Right, if any team can handle Oline injuries, it's the Pats. Brady gets the ball out in what, like 2 seconds? And now you have Dion playing great, which means defenses can't just pin their ears back and rush. A quick dump to Lewis and that's going for a big gain. Pats could probably be an average offense playing with 4 Olinemen.

Now if only a defense could generate a rush with only their Dline and also had a secondary capable of press coverage across the board...

I think the Pats will be fine, but amazing how healthy and dependable Solder has been since drafted. Missed one game in his career.

As good as the offense has been, I don't really think Solder had been playing that well this year. Same for Vollmer. I'm worried about Cannon, but the OL played better in the second half on Sunday. Their running game may be better with Cannon in there.

Right, if any team can handle Oline injuries, it's the Pats. Brady gets the ball out in what, like 2 seconds? And now you have Dion playing great, which means defenses can't just pin their ears back and rush. A quick dump to Lewis and that's going for a big gain. Pats could probably be an average offense playing with 4 Olinemen.

Now if only a defense could generate a rush with only their Dline and also had a secondary capable of press coverage across the board...

No matter what the actual release time is for Brady, I can't remember seeing another QB get the ball in and out so fast with accuracy. Maybe Marino.

Lewis is exciting. I almost felt bad for the Cowboy that he ducked under this week for a TD, especially when I saw that he ended up getting a very awkward hit to the helmet and a block on his own teammate. Then I realized he deserved it for missing the tackle.

One of the things I noticed about the Pats defense is how they always seem to improve, sometimes even when they get hit by injuries. I know that they look at the season as a work in progress in all phases, but the defense seems to make better strides. I like the way they're getting pressure up the middle. I hope that keeps up.

Anyway, enough about us. How about those Jets huh? They look like a real threat this year, and are in great position to make a playoff run. The AFCE is the top division in the NFL.

Damn. That blows. Ok Cannon.....time to earn your money.

I feel kinda bad. I speculated that Solder was fine and he was PO'd that the coaching staff pulled him b/c he sucked vs Hardy and the elbow was a ruse.

Yeah, I was wondrin' about all the negative Solder comments- by many posters -in the game thread. Well, now we have it. To me, it (i.e. his play) was a bit uncharacteristic of Solder and he had been extended. The pats don't extend people whom they believe cannot do the job.

O-line depth...where ya at? And viewed another way, this gives someone else a chance to get in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back