PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Solder Gone For Season. Will Have Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for nothing but Solder's been left tackle for one of the most prolific passing attacks in NFL history...not sure how people don't think this is not a HUGE loss....
It's a loss, but to answer your question, I think panic here is mitigated by a coaching staff and team building philosophy that has repeatedly shown the ability to adapt to circumstances.

The Pats won the Super Bowl, and 80% of that team's starting offensive line will be different this Sunday....and we all fully expect the Pats to win. Other teams would be giving up on the season.

Last edited:

Pro Bowl Starting CB Ty Law put on injured reserve

Staring CB Tyrone Pool put on injured reserve

Rookie Tight End Benjamin Watson missed 15 games and was put on injured reserve

Starting Tackle Tom Ashworth put on injured reserve

11 total players put on injured reserve

I did not think Cannon looked good. I think they played a lot more blocking TE on the left side.

Think you should go back and watch the 2nd half more closely. Cannon played solid. BB even mentioned so in his post-game locker room speech.

This is just based on when Cannon was inserted at LT just after Solder got injured. Cannon only played 2 snaps at LT is the 1st half after Solder went out, the Edelman catch to put them in FG range before HT and the deep attempt to Slater.

Here was Cannon's 2nd half.

This is just pass plays

2 passes where he had TE help.
9 passes with no help.

On the passes with no help-
Brady was 8 for 9 126 yards 2 TD. The 1 incompletion was a screen pass to Edelman
no pressures allowed
had a pancake on Hardy.

What I'm saying is that if you HAD to have an injury you don't want it to happen to Brady, Gronk, Volmer, and Solder on offense, and McCourty, Collins, Butler, and Jones on Defense.
Yep. I was thinking of the 5 guys on each side of the ball that we'd least want to see get hurt, and you list 4 of the 5 there--pick Edelman or Lewis for #5.

Defensively, agreed on McCourty, Collins, Butler and Jones, and would say Hightower to round out the 5.

Think you should go back and watch the 2nd half more closely. Cannon played solid. BB even mentioned so in his post-game locker room speech.

This is just based on when Cannon was inserted at LT just after Solder got injured. Cannon only played 2 snaps at LT is the 1st half after Solder went out, the Edelman catch to put them in FG range before HT and the deep attempt to Slater.

This is just pass plays

9 passes with no help.

Brady was 8 for 9 126 yards 2 TD. The 1 incompletion was a screen pass to Edelman
no pressures allowed
had a pancake on Hardy.
That is solid.

Was that mostly vs Hardy? IIRC it was?

This is just pass plays

9 passes with no help.

no pressures allowed
had a pancake on Hardy.

That's great! But could he put up that same effort against rested rushers, who aren't worn down in the second half?

Anyone have any more info regarding this ? PFT reporting.

I not as much worried about Cannon's performance as I am worried about Vollmer's back holding up if asked to play every series.

The rotation we were using helped limit his snaps.

Maybe we activate Fleming and rotate him in for 2 or so series a game?

Not good. Broncos D will be tough. Bengals D will be tougher if they get that far. Let's hope Cannon can get the job done.

Hope Cannon steps up. Anyone think he is going to play RT while Vollmer moves ?

Vollmer absolutely MUST move from RT to LT, else Brady's health will be placed in grave risk.

Cannonfodder is in no way, shape or form even a below-average replacement; he's worse than that.

A young prospect with developmental upside such as TJ Clemmings or Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
would look real good right now. Both of them in fact should already be here.

All I know is this: we better have this line settled in come time we face Denver.

Denver should be far more worried about our pass rush than we should be of theirs. Their Oline has looked awful in every game, and Manning has zero ability to avoid pressure. He either falls to the ground immediately or throws up a duck that gets intercepted. We happen to be 3rd or 4th in sacks despite playing 1 less game than the other top 5 teams in that category.

Meanwhile, our Oline has fared well despite people saying we would be in trouble after it was announced Stork would miss games and we had to start 3 rookies. I am sure we will adjust appropriately.

Even if they hold us to below our season average, we'll still put up at least 28. Denver's offense will be lucky to get to 10 points against us.

Vollmer absolutely MUST move from RT to LT, else Brady's health will be placed in grave risk.

Cannonfodder is in no way, shape or form even a below-average replacement; he's worse than that.

A young prospect with developmental upside such as TJ Clemmings or Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Cannon has been a very good replacement tackle for the Pats in the past.

He took a bit of a step back when they experimented with him at guard, but I'm confident he will step up in the tackle role again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back