PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Solder Gone For Season. Will Have Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next man up. That's why Canon/Fleming are reserves.they're not good enough to be starters

September 2001.........

Patsguy; "Next man up. That's why Brady is a reserve.he's not good enough to be a starter"

October 2010.........

Patsguy: "Next man up. That's why Connolly is a reserve.he's not good enough to be a starter"

September 2013.........

Patsguy: "Next man up. That's why Edelman is a reserve.he's not good enough to be a starter"

September 2015......

Patsguy: "Next man up. That's why Andrews is a reserve.he's not good enough to be a starter"

Thank god.
Yes. If you take the position (as you should) that the God of Injuries must be appeased, this could definitely be worse. Could be better, mind you--I'd put Solder in the top 5 of guys we wouldn't want to lose offensively--but could definitely be worse team-wise.

Next man up. That's why Canon/Fleming are reserves.they're not good enough to be starters

By that logic, Jimmy Garoppolo isn't good enough to start, either.

What it really says is that they weren't starting because the Pats had better options.

This sucks. People give Solder way too much crap. He is a top 1/3 LT. Not elite. Not top 5. But he is top 10.

I am guessing they will move Vollmer over to LT and use Cannon at RT. Cannon did fairly good at RT several years ago when Vollmer went down.

This is not a good development. Good thing Tommy has a quick release. Also good that they got a week with the Colts who have no pass rush to sort this out.

Wow, that stinks. Get better soon Nate! Hopefully the guys left will be able to fill the void. They were saying that BB was chilly Billy at his presser today. When I heard the replay I thought he sounded more glum than chilly, but chalked it up to being under the weather. Maybe this was why...
Swell. There's a cold bug in the lockerroom, too...

September 2001.........

Patsguy; "Next man up. That's why Brady is a reserve.he's not good enough to be a starter"

September 2010.........

Patsguy: "Next man up. That's why Connolly is a reserve.he's not good enough to be a starter"

September 2013.........

Patsguy: "Next man up. That's why Edelman is a reserve.he's not good enough to be a starter"

September 2015......

Patsguy: "Next man up. That's why Andrews is a reserve.he's not good enough to be a starter"
Sh messy
I'll be looking forward to your posts when Canon/Fleming wiffs at opposing DEs

Yes. If you take the position (as you should) that the God of Injuries must be appeased, this could definitely be worse. Could be better, mind you--I'd put Solder in the top 5 of guys we wouldn't want to lose offensively--but could definitely be worse team-wise.
Yea.

At a minimum my view is that his ribs aren't broken but bruised like hell.

For those of us who have had bruised ribs good luck to him getting a good nights sleep.

I think the Pats will be OK.......Solder was decent, but I don't think this will turn into a liability.

welcome back, Cameron Fleming

I'd say the Pats will likely add an extra OL and have 9 rather than the 8 they have had so far this season. expect a different position to be cut when Stork gets back

look at my sig.........3 rookies in the middle and Cannon on the left.

Breer trying hard, but knowledgeable fans are schooling him big time (see the comments!):

****head breer strikes again.

Big issues? Ya the Tackles got beat some in the 1st half. I thought interior OL played solid throughout the game, only real bad play they had was on the McClain blitz and maybe another sack.

This sucks. Hopefully, the next man (or men) up, can do the job.

Christopher Price @cpriceNFL
Vollmer also played LT in the 4th and 2 game vs. Colts in 11/09 and shut down Dwight Freeney, holding him sackless for 1st time that year

Thats a shame. Solder isnt elite, hes not necessarily great, but he's solid and can hold his own against non-elite rushers.

Which is basically a clever way of saying "We completely under-appreciate a pretty damn good LT."

Here is a hot take people.

What if Cnnnon actually plays solid? Seems like some people have the disposition that he is going to play bad.

And if someone is giving him trouble just stick Michael Williams over there to help him.

The guy played like a third of a season last year with a torn labrum. His ribs would need to be busted in several places to be taken out.

didn't he have the torn labrum when he made the super bowl saving tackle on lynch?

It is common to steroid but not due to steroid use. It normally goes with over training(strength) and under training (flexibility) steroid users get it because they can train more and therefore don't recover enough. I would guess it occurred trying to reach Hardy who was too quick.

Steroids make muscles recover from workouts faster than the usual, and the body to absorb more protein and nutrients, oh it's a beautiful thing if not by the side effects. But yes, while they recover fast, too much stress can tear a beef. In this case I think it was a bit of poor technique by Solder and bad luck, the Cowboys DE just ran over his arm stretching in a bad way.

Here is a hot take people.

What if Cnnnon actually plays solid? Seems like some people have the disposition that he is going to play bad.

And if someone is given him trouble just stick Michael Williams over there to help him.
Thats the thing. If they play more 2TE sets then having LaFell back at 100% makes it all the more important.

What this also might do is have the team run the ball more or maybe throw some screens to Lewis.

Trying to see the glass 1/2 full here....:D

Brady just needs to become a running QB ....bump up his QBR......become respectable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes