PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

branch traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we know who to root against!!!!

lose, lose, lose...................

A first rd pick for Branch is a good trade.

I love having multiple 1st rd picks!!!!!!

patsfaninpa said:
Has any team ever drafted 31st and 32nd??

Oakland after the Gruden-bowl.

BTW, if the SB loser curse continues, this pick could be in the teens. With the way their OL is playing (and you think NE couldn't block!?), it may well be on it's way.

Bye bye, Deion. Don't let the plane door hit you on the way out of Logan. (Damn, now I have to root against Seattle, a team I've always liked.)

I'll miss him--thanks Deion. Too bad $$ was more important to you.

SaCaCh said:
Wahoo about time, and we got a first!!

All I can say is next years draft is going to be one hell of a haul for us!!!!!!!!

FreeTedWilliams said:

Seattle is already 0-1!!!

Seattle won yesterday 9-6

Glad the situation is over, but it still sucks... Glad he is in Seattle, but it sucks...

d%#*!@t. That Ron Borges guy said the Pats screwed up. They could have gotten a 2nd round pick, and now they have to settle for a 1st rounder.

I hate it when that genius proves the Patriots wrong every time!

FreeTedWilliams said:

Seattle is already 0-1!!!

Seattle won 9-6 didn't they?

patsfaninpa said:
Has any team ever drafted 31st and 32nd??

Yes, the Raiders in 2003. They took Nnamdi Asomugha and Tyler Brayton. The Buccaneers gave their first round pick to the Raiders for Gruden, and then beat them in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
I am really glad this is over and that both sides got what they wanted. Now we have to start rooting against Seattle so the Patriots can get a high number one next year.

Brownfan80 said:
I really thought, underneath it all, that they'd work it out. That really sucks, IMO. :/ Branch, what happened to you?

I'm with you -- but that's emotion (like when you sit there expecting the telephone to ring and your ex to say "Darling, I made a big, big mistake -- I realize now that it was you I wanted after all ...") It's over, we can move on.

Here is hoping Seattle goes 1-and 15 :D

Well after all is said and done, you gotta admire the fact that that M-effer Chayut got what his client wanted.

Mike the Brit said:
I'm with you -- but that's emotion (like when you sit there expecting the telephone to ring and your ex to say "Darling, I made a big, big mistake -- I realize now that it was you I wanted after all ...") It's over, we can move on.

Too true, too true. You're right, at least now that isn't hovering over us (both the fans, and the organization) ((And the MEDIA)).

So basically it's a second round pick. Seattle should finish deep in the playoffs.

Finally, a resolution to this whole ordeal. Hopefully all sides are happy and now we can move on. Of course, the media, fans, etc will talk about this non-stop for two more weeks until their heads explode. . . bleh.

Gabriel and Jackson will be back this week, so our receivers should get that much needed depth that was missing from the Buffalo game.

Anyway, I hope Branch enjoys himself in Seattle and has success. He helped the Patriots a great deal and I have no animosity towards him.

feelthepain said:
So basically it's a second round pick. Seattle should finish deep in the playoffs.

Get a life.

I think that they were waiting for Bill Simmons' NFL preview to make the final decision. Once Simmons called Seattle as his disappointment team, Branch was as good as gone. It just took a bad game from Seattle's offense to make them up their ante a little bit.

:p

Mort got it yesterday on ESPN. He has to be the best insider in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference