PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

branch traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
feelthepain said:
So basically it's a second round pick. Seattle should finish deep in the playoffs.

Yeah except the part about it being a second rounder and them finishing deep in the playoffs.

Slagathor said:
Well after all is said and done, you gotta admire the fact that that M-effer Chayut got what his client wanted.

And oddly enough, Detriot and New York helped him do it.

This could be very odd. I guess we have to hope the Madden Curse (seemed to be there yesterday) and the super-bowl loser curse will combine.

However, given the fact that they play the NFC north, and the AFC West. Well could be difficult for them to go on a big losing streak.

shmessy said:
d%#*!@t. That Ron Borges guy said the Pats screwed up. They could have gotten a 2nd round pick, and now they have to settle for a 1st rounder.

I hate it when that genius proves the Patriots wrong every time!

LOL! Glad Deion's slavery days are over, (Sure he has a new "contract" but what does that mean?)

Actually I would have liked a little gravy to go with that probably low 1st rounder, but maybe I'm a hardass.:D

feelthepain said:
So basically it's a second round pick. Seattle should finish deep in the playoffs.
Perhaps. Perhaps not. Lots of football to go 'till then.

Regardless, is it not true that 1st round picks now can be signed to longer contracts than those selected in round 2, etc?

No matter how you try to spin this, this is an excellent outcome for the Pats, considering the circumstances.

Alk said:
WOOHOO!! :rocker: See ya later douchebag.
Double WHOOHOO and Triple Yippee. This is great news. No distractions, no worries. Deion is gone.

The Pats will be fine. Just wish Detroit had done better yesterday.

feelthepain said:

No, it's a first-round pick. We are guaranteed of getting two of the top-32 players in the country if we elect to use both picks that way.

Who else thinks the NFL league office got involved here to get this deal done?

The precident was set with T.O.

The theory would be that the league was afraid that the outcome of arbitration would favor the players--that a player could determine his own value and force a trade whenever he wanted to.

Deion decided how much he thought he was worth, found a team willing to pay him that, and then decided the compensation that Seattle should have to give up (and the Pats would receive) in order to get him.

This would turn the league on its head and was simply too dangerous for the league to let this go forward.

feelthepain said:

No - basically, it's a first-round pick!

Doesn't matter where Seattle finishes, it's still a first-round pick!

Mathematically challenged, are we?

Slagathor said:
Well after all is said and done, you gotta admire the fact that that M-effer Chayut got what his client wanted.

I said it at the time when it was announced that Branch was given the right to deal with other teams that Chayut benefited from the announcement. In the end, he was able to get his client what his client wanted - out of New England with a big contract. Playing on the SB runnerup is just the cherry on the top.

wow.. im kinda shocked.. but oh well whats done is done.. i hope we have some plan for receivers... chad jackson where are you lol..

Considering that I feel like the Rams are going to take a step forward this year, and Seattle is going to take a step back, I'm quite happy with this. I expect a pick in the 20-25 range here, which is just fine. The Patriots braintrust doesn't miss with first rounders. I'm sorry to see you go, Deion, but I'm glad you're gone. Let the Chad Jackson era begin.

Great, now we don't have to listen to anymore whining about how much better we will be when Branch is back on the field. Of course, we will have to endure some amount of handwringing until sunday's game in NY

feelthepain said:

What would you know about draft picks?

2 #1's for Ganja Ricky

A #2 for Mr. McFeely

A #2 for Daunte, (nothing without Moss) Culpepper.

You just give them away!:bricks: :eek: :rolleyes: :(

I'm watching ESPN now. I disagree with their analysis that the Pats lost in this deal. The Pats were never going to pay DB what the market would bear. I'm glad to have this over. While I love Seattle as a city, it's a long way from most places. Everyone's talking about the lack of WR production, and few seem to mention that Jackson and Gabriel were on the sidelines.

Now I hope they do what the Donks are doing with Lelie. Collect the fine money, the 1 game check and whatever part of the bonus they can.

branch is a seahawk

hes out of here

feelthepain said:
So basically it's a second round pick.
Yeah, like the Dolphins basically traded a first round pick for AJ Feeley.

Bottome line: Deion wasn't going to play here anyway. He still isn't, and we got an extra first round pick.

I'm pretty stoked about this.

Oh, and how will it feel to start out 0-2? The Bills are better than you are.

Last edited:
I am soooo happy!!!!

I really think this is one of those situations where BB will prove (once again) what a genius he is!!!

db is a good wr, and it hurts the team this year, but it will make us better in the end.

I wonder if Brady and co are happy for him or wish he would have stayed a Pat? Are they still as supportive now that db has gotten what he wanted?

Who in your WR's is better then Branch??? Do you guy's think this will hurt at all??? There has to come a point were your loses can't be overcome.

Miguel said:
I said it at the time when it was announced that Branch was given the right to deal with other teams that Chayut benefited from the announcement. In the end, he was able to get his client what his client wanted - out of New England with a big contract. Playing on the SB runnerup is just the cherry on the top.

Do we really know that's what he wanted? We know he wanted the money, but did he really want out of New England, or did that simply emerge as the only possibility in securing that contract? I'm not so sure that relocating to the pacific northwest was what Deion wanted, and I'm not ready to declare this a victory for Chayut. He was obviously trying to make a reputation with this holdout (that I'd be willing to bet he goaded Deion into), and he did make a reputation... it remains to be seen if it's one that draws players to his agency because they think he's a guy that can get them what they want, or something along the lines of the Poston brothers, where teams don't want to deal with the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back