PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Manning Debate to end this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To compare Manning to Bonds is insane and shows you know nothing about football at all. I would even bet a few Pats fans on this board would agree with that.

Bonds cheats on his wife. Manning teabags innocent nurses. What's the difference?

Then I guess your win over us on Nov 4th was not a big deal considering we had several injured players out and might have beaten you if healthy. We lost a few players at halftime as well.

Pats fans can use excuses but Colts fans can't.

I guess your win was a fluke too.

And if you lose in the playoffs this year it could be a fluke as well.

There are no excuses really. You have to win with no matter who is playing the game.

In both of the last two games between the Colts and Patriots, which team has been the beneficiary of bogus pass interference calls? (Hint: Not the Patriots). The Colts have had the benefit of piss poor officiating, and still lost one game and almost lost the other. Injuries aside, fair officiating would have resulted in the Colts being 0-2 in the last two Patriots/Colts matchups rather than 1-1. It took injuries, illness and horrible officiating for the Colts to beat the Patriots. That's why it was a fluke.

Last edited:
In both of the last two games between the Colts and Patriots, which team has been the beneficiary of bogus pass interference calls? (Hint: Not the Patriots). The Colts have had the benefit of piss poor officiating, and still lost one game and almost lost the other. Injuries aside, fair officiating would have resulted in the Colts being 0-2 in the last two Patriots/Colts matchups rather than 1-1. It took injuries, illness and horrible officiating for the Colts to beat the Patriots. That's why it was a fluke.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

12-2 vs. 7-6 makes me sleep better at night, slick.....;)

Last edited:
15-2 vs. 8-7 after this year.

Everytime the Pats lose a game its because of bad officiating or the Colts cheated, its never because the pats just flat out lost a game. I swear I thought the Jags fans were bad but you are so full of excuses its comical. Why don't you just man up and say the Pats just lost the game?

Yea, there's that. Which begs the question, is NE's success about great players or great coaching? Is it about players rising to the occasion or is it all about game planning and good coaching decisions? In the end, IMO, I'd say the ratio is about 80-20 player personnel.

Same holds true for the Colts. No friggin way they win 10+ games 6 seasons in a row without PM. Neither Dungy nor Beli laces em' up. Coaches can institute a solid game plan and coaches can make good in game decisions. But in the end you've gotta have the talent. You've gotta have talent that is highly motivated and that talent has to execute.

okay, well, that said, if Belichick is the coach of the Chargers last year you've got 53 guys with some shiny hardware to bling at girls in bikinis on a few southern california beaches last summer.

Dude, every team is sometimes the beneficiary of breaks. Lets not get started on the "tuck" rule. Ya, I know there was a potential PF that probably should have been called prior to, not the point. Wait? While I'm at it, do we need to delve into the holy roller episode? Lets not and say we did.

As a Bolts fan you know I have my issues. Scoreboard. Period.

EDIT: Heheh, I think the "tuck" rule was a makeup for the "holy roller." :D

Last edited:
Bonds cheats on his wife. Manning teabags innocent nurses. What's the difference?

Because Bonds cheated the game by taking steroids, Manning doesn't..big difference. I don't care how many woman Bonds screws thats his personal life, just like Brady's baby he had out of wedlock, which I think people made way too much of a big deal out of..

Everytime the Pats lose a game its because of bad officiating or the Colts cheated, its never because the pats just flat out lost a game. I swear I thought the Jags fans were bad but you are so full of excuses its comical. Why don't you just man up and say the Pats just lost the game?

Even the media was pointing out how bad the officiating was. It's not as if I'm making it up out of whole cloth. Hell, Cowherd is using his comments about the brutal officiating in the November match-up as part of his promo package. When the Patriots lose games fairly, I'll be happy to own up. When horrible calls play pivotal roles, though, I'll point that out too.

Last edited:

guy, the fricking league APOLOGIZED to ellis hobbs in the offseason. considering it was a 4 point colts victory, i would say that was a significant occurance.

Dude, every team is sometimes the beneficiary of breaks. Lets not get started on the "tuck" rule. Ya, I know there was a potential PF that probably should have been called prior to, not the point. Wait? While I'm at it, do we need to delve into the holy roller episode? Lets not and say we did.

As a Bolts fan you know I have my issues. Scoreboard. Period.

EDIT: Heheh, I think the "tuck" rule was a makeup for the "holy roller." :D

The tuck rule was properly decided. You may have a beef with the rule, but the interpretation was correct. People who keep crying about it need to realize that the very same official who made the initial call overruled himself upon the challenge.

guy, the fricking league APOLOGIZED to ellis hobbs in the offseason. considering it was a 4 point colts victory, i would say that was a significant occurance.

that was just a rumor that was never proven. We could beat you 200-0 and there would still be excuses of why you lost..

while were playing the excuse and whine game how about the afccg in 2004 when our recievers were held like crazy? It goes both ways, both teams have been the benificiary (sp) of good and bad calls. we get those calls and you don't get the tuck rule in your favor, you might only have 1 SB and we have 2 right now..

ok well i can say one thing with certainty.

one of the two of us is going to have a rough few weeks before the super bowl. here's hoping it's not me!

Yea, there's that. Which begs the question, is NE's success about great players or great coaching? Is it about players rising to the occasion or is it all about game planning and good coaching decisions? In the end, IMO, I'd say the ratio is about 80-20 player personnel.

Same holds true for the Colts. No friggin way they win 10+ games 6 seasons in a row without PM. Neither Dungy nor Beli laces em' up. Coaches can institute a solid game plan and coaches can make good in game decisions. But in the end you've gotta have the talent. You've gotta have talent that is highly motivated and that talent has to execute.

uhhh...and who is it that decides who has talent and stays, and who doesn't have enough and leaves?

The tuck rule was properly decided. You may have a beef with the rule, but the interpretation was correct. People who keep crying about it need to realize that the very same official who made the initial call overruled himself upon the challenge.
I'm not questioning whether it was properly decided. That's not my point. I've seen the play enough times and I know the play fairly well. Heheh, However I don't remember the play well enough to recount which Raider smacked Brady in the head but I do believe a PF could easily have been called there, and that's also what caused the "tuck" episode.

It's not about any officiating breaks or misfortunes. It's about a team showing up determined to do whatever it has to do to win. Because in the end, no matter how good a given team is, they quite possibly can meet a team that gives them game. When that happens then it's all about which team makes more plays and continually puts themselves in a position to win.

That's what I respect most about the pats. Usually, the only way they get beat is down. It's generally not a good idea to give the pats the ball if their down a TD with 2 minutes left. Or to be up on them by 14+ in the 4th and play not to lose. You do not want to let the pats just hang out if you can avoid it. Any team that does that best be ready to execute very well down the stretch. Because I'd say that in that situation, 8-9-10 times the pats will find their A game and bring it. IMO that's to be commended.

Last edited:
Getting late for me, about time to hit the hay as we say in Indiana sometimes.

I know I exchanged some barbs with some of you guys on here, but its all in good fun, I have no problem with anybody here. Back to the topic of this thread, I don't think anything will be decided between these two great qb's for another 7-10 years, Yes Manning doesn't perform great in post season, I would like to reserve my judgement for when his career is over to see if he can start performing alot better in the post season, 7-10 years alot can happen, assuming both play that much longer.

If we was to decide based on whats happened up to now, then no question its Brady, I know that and most Colts fans know that to, 12-2 in the post season says alot. plus 3 Superbowls..

Peace

Last edited:
that was just a rumor that was never proven. We could beat you 200-0 and there would still be excuses of why you lost..

Uh, no it wasn't a rumor it was reported in the Boston Herald.

Uh, no it wasn't a rumor it was reported in the Boston Herald.

oh that must make it true then since it was reported in the Boston Herald, funny it wasn't mentioned anywhere else like espn which always publishes stuff like that.

oh that must make it true then since it was reported in the Boston Herald, funny it wasn't mentioned anywhere else like espn which always publishes stuff like that.

You write the Herald and tell them that they should stop printing false stories then. While you're at it, find me the rule in the NFL rule-book about "face-gaurding."

Rumor? Really reaching aren't you?:rolleyes:

If tom brady leads the patriots to an undefeated regular season(break manning single season touchdown record and help Randy Moss break the most touchdown record for a WR) and also win the superbowl. Will those things be used to cement Brady as the best QB ever and better than peyton manning.

With most football people Brady is considered a better player than Manning and has been for quite awhile. Be surprised how many media people think so too. National guys like Jim Rome, Mike Lupica, William Rhoden etc.
Brady's the best in the game today and one of the top two or three ever to play the position.
With regard to any and all passing records of Manning they all deserve an *. The boy plays fifi ball, indoors and on carpet for half his career.
What Tom Brady and Brett Favre have done in their careers is FAR more impressive than anything Manning has done given how Tom and Brett play REAL football, outdoors and in cold climates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes