PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady v. the Saints in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not misunderstanding your post, I'm disagreeing with the possibility entirely given what I recall of that game (and that was a beat down).

it was 24-17 in the 3rd quarter

Rodney Harrison got taken out by one of Gregg Williams' players in 2006. I'm sure Belichick was aware that it was a possibility.

This is true.

Well, except for the fact that Rodney was hurt in 2006 by a Titan offenseive player and not a Redskin defender.

Does anyone think that BB maybe knew about the bounty program and that played into him uncharacteristically pulling Brady with enough time left to make a comeback in that game? I remember he got hammered for it at the time, people saying that he was "running up the score but the moment they are down he throws in the towel"

just a thought....

No. Brady got pulled because the Patriots were getting crushed in that game and BB knew they had no chance to come back and win. He also wanted Hoyer to get some experience.

I was at this game, (insert I was on Bourbon St from noon til kickoff, disclamer here) and it was nto even close. The Pats were getting crushed. Brady was marching them down the field on thier first possession and threw a terrible pick.

I think the Pats scored in garbage time to make it seem closer than it actually was. But take it from me, the Pats were "done" by the time they pulled Brady.

Greg Williams has been around to so many teams, and there are so many free agents passing through elsewhere from those teams, that I'd be shocked if most of the league didn't know about this.

I just want to add the obvious thought that that game sucked hardcore.

The Patriots might lose, but they rarely if ever get flat out destroyed. New Orleans was simply a better football team that year.

If we're going to look at any hit from that game it should be the one on Faulk (was it Vilma?) He got crushed on that hit but bounced right back up.

That game was a blood bath, Saints fans still talk about it 3 years later. It has to be a top 5 franchise win for them. I try to explain that's it's barely a blip on the radar as far as losses go for me but they just think I'm still mad over it, which I find strange.

If we're going to look at any hit from that game it should be the one on Faulk (was it Vilma?) He got crushed on that hit but bounced right back up.

That game was a blood bath, Saints fans still talk about it 3 years later. It has to be a top 5 franchise win for them. I try to explain that's it's barely a blip on the radar as far as losses go for me but they just think I'm still mad over it, which I find strange.

No it was Sharper. I don't see any reason why we should not talk about the win though. We don't talk about the bears, vikings , etc...
Its really a thing of respect if you think about it. Beating the Patriots is special, because you are so good year in year out, and we knew we were modeled after you at the time.
No one Braggs about beating the Browns, but yeah, I was at that game and it was special because it was almost a right of passage for us. We beat a truly amazing organization. Not that we will next time,lol.
And I bought many Pats fans drinks.

It might seem small to you because you win all the time, but for us it was pretty big. We beat someone we respected and knew that with out a doubt was the best. Its a huge complement to your ball club and boys if you ask me. Just my perception. See it for what it is, respect.

Last edited:
This is true.

Well, except for the fact that Rodney was hurt in 2006 by a Titan offenseive player and not a Redskin defender.

Ah yes. It was one of Fisher's guys when Williams wasn't with him. Same general idea, since I think it should be obvious that Fisher was involved with something similar. See Harrison, Merriman, and anything that happened 1994 to 2000 when Fisher and Williams were together on the Oilers/Titans.

No it was Sharper. I don't see any reason why we should not talk about the win though. We don't talk about the bears, vikings , etc...
Its really a thing of respect if you think about it. Beating the Patriots is special, because you are so good year in year out, and we knew we were modeled after you at the time.
No one Braggs about beating the Browns, but yeah, I was at that game and it was special because it was almost a right of passage for us. We beat a truly amazing organization. Not that we will next time,lol.
And I bought many Pats fans drinks.

It might seem small to you because you win all the time, but for us it was pretty big. We beat someone we respected and knew that with out a doubt was the best. Its a huge complement to your ball club and boys if you ask me. Just my perception. See it for what it is, respect.

Oh I get that part. The part I find confusing is when I say it isn't even a blip on the radar as far as terrible losses in my mind and they respond with that I'm in denial or still butt hurt over it. I just find it strange. Maybe in their minds it was such a huge moment in franchise history they cant comprehend that it was just an out of conference regular season loss to me.

It really does the last 10+ years into perspective for us Pats fans. The 2009 Pats were, I'd argue, the worst team fielded since 2000, and Belichick had essentially given up on the defense when he traded Seymour and replaced him with Jarvis Green. Yet, it was a milestone for the Saints to stomp us.

It really does the last 10+ years into perspective for us Pats fans. The 2009 Pats were, I'd argue, the worst team fielded since 2000, and Belichick had essentially given up on the defense when he traded Seymour and replaced him with Jarvis Green. Yet, it was a milestone for the Saints to stomp us.

The only team you can really argue was worse was the 2002 team but 2009 was by far the worst in my opinion.

hasn't the NFL said that they discovered it by watching video? BB was mic'd for this game.

Just sayin...

I'm not misunderstanding your post, I'm disagreeing with the possibility entirely given what I recall of that game (and that was a beat down).

No one is claiming that it wasn't a beatdown.

You clearly aren't getting what the OP is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft