PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady On Roethlisberger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
BRADY ON ROETHLISBERGER

BELMONT, Mass. (AP) -- Tom Brady avoids hazardous offseason activities. Linebacker Rosevelt Colvin sold his motorcycle. There's plenty of time for that after they retire from the NFL.

A few hours after Steelers quarterback Ben Roethslisberger was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident near downtown Pittsburgh on Monday, the two New England players wished him well and discussed off-field activities that could cause injuries. '

'You try to take some of those things and put them off for a later time in your life,'' Brady said, ''but sometimes people want to live their lives and have fun and I think sometimes things happen like that. Hopefully, he's OK.''

''I think avoiding injury is always something that you want to do whether it be riding a motorcycle, skydiving or playing golf. You can be out and get hit by a ball,'' Colvin said. Colvin said he kept riding his motorcycle after recovering from a broken hip but eventually gave it up. ''I sold mine, not for the sole purpose of (being) scared of injury but because my kids see me on it and they look at it and they think it's fun, they think it's OK. And it's OK but it's just so dangerous,'' Colvin said. ''You had to be extra careful. People (driving cars) don't see motorcycles. ''It's a leisure activity and sometimes you have to wait to do some of those crazy things 'til you retire.''

Brady said he doesn't ride a motorcycle and is aware of how Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. and Chicago Bulls guard Jason Williams suffered serious injuries on them. As a well-conditioned athlete, ''a lot of times you think you're kind of invincible as a person and you drive fast and you probably do things you shouldn't be doing,'' Brady said.

Roethslisberger is a ''terrific player, terrific guy,'' he said. ''I'm sure that you always kind of do things and probably re-evaluate after they happen. But you certainly hope that nothing serious like this ever happens. '

'Hopefully, he recovers quickly. Hopefully, he's OK.''

i kind of wish you chose a different title for the story

Last edited by a moderator:
Great attitude on Brady's part, Colvin's too... class guys basically. Maybe that's just the result of the BB school of public relations or something cynical lilke that. Good stuff though.

PFnV

as expected: class guys !

let's hope Big Ben will recover soon

I'm just glad Tommy loves golf so much. Keep him away from bike riding and what not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore