PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is Better than Manning Under Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on...brady choked vs the Giants pass rush in 08 Superbowl. Manning will be back and Im sure Brady will be back too.

Really? Last I checked Brady drove his team down field in the final minutes to give us a lead. Which would have gone down as the most clutch drive ever considering what was on the line, and how the Giants were playing defensivly. Then a miracle play happened and the Giants won.

The Giants however, were better than the Pats on that day.

come on...brady choked vs the Giants pass rush in 08 Superbowl. Manning will be back and Im sure Brady will be back too.

Brady didn't perform very well in that game, so I guess it constitutes a choke, but, when the pressure was on, he put his team in position to win. Manning threw a pick-six that put the game out of reach.

Last edited:
Last night's game definitely helps Brady's case and I hope makes people appreciate more what Brady did from '01-'04, and just how important rings are in this debate. While Manning was flawless for 95% of the game and wasn't the sole reason Indy lost, he did come up short when it mattered most. Teams win and lose games, but the true greats find ways to win more often than others. The Colts defense in these playoffs averaged under 15 ppg, that's better than any of our defenses did the years Brady got rings. Both teams have had contender-quality teams since '03 and Brady might have had a couple teams ('03,'04) that were better than any Colts team, but overall both have had about equal opportunities for rings in terms of supporting casts.

Manning has the regular season advantage but Brady still has the playoff advantage. There's still lots of football to be played for both QB's. I'd say if things stay this way, and Brady stays at least 2 rings ahead of Manning, he'll ultimately go down as the better QB. This game was one of the key pivotal points in the debate, if Manning didn't throw that pick and led his team to an overtime win, that performance would have put him on top IMO.

I understand the argument that the Oline let Brady down but he is known as one of the best QB's of all time. He got rattled and was sacked 5 times. Brady was only 29/48 which is just about 50% for the game. On the season he averaged 69 percent.

Has anyone pointed out that Brady would have to have thrown 10 more consecutive incompletions to get down to 50%?

He choked?

He threw an interception?

No.

He went back to pass 50 times, threw 30 completions and about 275 yards and a TD.

He also lead his team to a TD on its last viable possession of the game (assuming of course, it's nearly impossible to go 85 yards in 30 seconds when they got the ball back, even though his heave to Randy Moss was spot on).

Brady has one interception in four Super Bowls, and Peyton has four in two.

Finally, the Saints did to the Colts what the Giants did to the Patriots. They rushed one extra guy and had an extra DB in the game at all times. They were begging the Colts to run, and the Colts did. Meanwhile, all the running shortened up the game, but the Saints knew that in the end, Manning like Brady would get frustrated and pass the ball against a zone flooded with defenders. Impossible to throw in those conditions, so you just have to run the ball and make sure your defense stops the opposition.

In his chance, Brady lead his team downfield for the touchdown when the game was on the line, while Peyton threw an interception.

Manning did blow the game tonight. I agree and I couldnt be more happier to agree after how smug he was in his press conference after beating the Jets. Brady did go 29/48, essentially 55% in the Superbowl, when he was close to 70% in the regular season that year. Brady and Manning will both be back though
29 divided by 48 is not "essentially" 55%, it's 60%. Learn how to do math. And he played against an all-time great defensive line: Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck, Umenyiora, AND Fred Robbins all having career years.

Manning lost the game for his team in the 4th quarter and only managed to score 3 more points against a much weaker defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft