PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady appeal date set 6/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you believe that the Wells Report, which convicted Brady with nothing but innuendo, and had to stretch that as far as it could just to make it seem like something fishy was going on, was actually withholding all its "real evidence."

Brilliant theory. I'm sure it's been making the rounds through knuckle dragging Jet forums.

Well's report aside, how does a rational Pat fan believe Bob Kraft would throw Tom Brady under the bus if he believed he was innocent. You must think Kraft is the most despicable human being on the face of the planet.

Well's report aside, how does a rational Pat fan believe Bob Kraft would throw Tom Brady under the bus if he believed he was innocent. You must think Kraft is the most despicable human being on the face of the planet.
Did Kraft throw Brady under the bus or just prostrate himself at the altar of money/circle of 32 owners?

That's exactly what he did when he sided with his 31 other owner pals. As to his worth as a human being, I'll let you be the judge

He didn't throw Tom Brady under the bus. He just basically abstained. He didnt defend him like we would of liked. He had no support from the other owners and would have been ostracized if he sued them. Would I have sued the league? Yes. Would you have sued the league? Yes. We're fans, not billionaires. Kraft cares more about the wheels continuing to turn in the league than he does the little people.

What Kraft does and doesn't do has nothing to do with Brady's innocence, however. That's another leap in logic from you, which seems to be the norm for rival fan bases enjoying their big moment (in the offseason, as usual).

Man whose job is to inflate and deflate footballs calls himself the Deflator last May + X = Brady is cheating.

Kraft doesn't go Al Davis on the NFL and sue all his partners + X = Brady is cheating.

Cold weather lowers air pressure in football + X = Brady is cheating.

Whatever you need to believe. I'm sure you believe the Patriots win football games by "jamming the radio communications of visiting quarterbacks" too.

Tom Brady tells the equipment guys that he specifically wants the footballs at 12.5 PSI + X = Brady wanted the footballs illegally tampered with below 12.5 PSI.

X = ?

X = ?

X = ?

X = ?

Can Brady's legal team argue that Brady's suspension AND the loss of draft picks are penalties against Brady, because his professional responsibility is to win football games and both are obstacles to him being able to do so, therefore he can pursue legal action to have both vacated. If he can show that nothing happened with deflation, why should he be penalized by having to play with a less talented team?

I know, it's a stretch, but what the hell.

Id think they would have a better arguement with regard to the earning power of any player drafted 31 on in next year's draft.

He didn't throw Tom Brady under the bus. He just basically abstained. He didnt defend him like we would of liked. He had no support from the other owners and would have been ostracized if he sued them. Would I have sued the league? Yes. Would you have sued the league? Yes. We're fans, not billionaires. Kraft cares more about the wheels continuing to turn in the league than he does the little people.
You really believe Kraft is such a shallow human being that he would decline to defend a supposedly innocent Tom Brady for fear of being banished to a back table at the Billionaires Club?.... Pu-leez.

What Kraft does and doesn't do has nothing to do with Brady's innocence, however. That's another leap in logic from you, which seems to be the norm for rival fan bases enjoying their big moment (in the offseason, as usual).
In case you haven't got a chance to look closely at my avatar, I'm a Seahawk fan. We've had a lot of big moments lately.

Man whose job is to inflate and deflate footballs calls himself the Deflator last May + X = Brady is cheating.
He said a couple of other things as you know that also sound suspect.

Kraft doesn't go Al Davis on the NFL and sue all his partners + X = Brady is cheating.
He doesn't go Al Davis because I believe he's privy to some info that we aren't.

Cold weather lowers air pressure in football + X = Brady is cheating.
I'm going set that argument aside if you don't mind.

Whatever you need to believe. I'm sure you believe the Patriots win football games by "jamming the radio communications of visiting quarterbacks" too.
Well now that you mention it,.....

Like I said above I am no expert on this. But Goodells best play on this case is to completely reverse Brady's suspension. Take the PR hit that he is in Krafts pocket, and everything that comes with that. So the NFLPA does not get it's white whale case to severely damage his powers.

Lurking behind all this, is the Missouri Supreme court ruling from May 5.

PFT

Going to be a interesting couple months.

I agree it will be interesting, but I still think it is in Goodell's interest to let a court overturn what they will.
If he does it, he is fired. If a judge makes him, oh well, he tried.
It has nothing to do with what's best for the league. I agree the best for the league is Goodell caving.

This is like going for it on 4th and 1. Mathematicians time and again show it is the best thing for the team. It isn't the best thing for the coach. Goodell's interest varies from the league here.

Street Scum said:
You really believe Kraft is such a shallow human being that he would decline to defend a supposedly innocent Tom Brady for fear of being banished to a back table at the Billionaires Club?.... Pu-leez.

Yes. Quite obviously he is. If you've read the report, there is no evidence of any wrong doing. In fact, the science suggests no tampering even took place. The Patriots are being penalized by a league office full of bitter ex-Jets employees because of the laws of physics, and an idiotic mob of mindless sports fans.

Speaking of `integrity`, do you have any problem with the NFL leaking false information to ESPN to whip up a storm of negative public opinion against the Patriots (11 out of 12 balls being 2 pounds under), while giving the Patriots the ACTUAL PSI numbers under NDA so our organization couldn't defend themselves?

If you don't see this entire debacle as outright corruption on the part of the league office, I don't know what to tell you.

The Colts lost 45-7. This is the biggest fake scandal in sports history.

I don't have any problem with Seahawk fans, but I see, as a Seahawks fan, you didn't bother addressing the circus catch that I brought up after you acted like the Pats stole a ring from you on a fluke play.

Yes. Quite obviously he is. If you've read the report, there is no evidence of any wrong doing. In fact, the science suggests no tampering even took place. The Patriots are being penalized by a league office full of bitter ex-Jets employees because of the laws of physics, and an idiotic mob of mindless sports fans.
Sweet! Conspiracy theory. Unfortunately I misplaced my tin foil hat so I'm unable to engage in any meaningful conversation on that topic.

Speaking of `integrity`, do you have any problem with the NFL leaking false information to ESPN to whip up a storm of negative public opinion against the Patriots (11 out of 12 balls being 2 pounds under), while giving the Patriots the ACTUAL PSI numbers under NDA so our organization couldn't defend themselves?
I'm an NFL Network guy and never watch ESPN so I'm only generally aware of this report but don't know enough to comment.

If you don't see this entire debacle as outright corruption on the part of the league office, I don't know what to tell you.
Again, misplaced tin foil hat.

The Colts lost 45-7. This is the biggest fake scandal in sports history.
One particular game score would and should not be indicative of ball tampering one way or another.... imo.

I don't have any problem with Seahawk fans, but I see, as a Seahawks fan, you didn't bother addressing the circus catch that I brought up after you acted like the Pats stole a ring from you on a fluke play.
I never saw the post you're talking about, but if you're referring to the Kearse catch on the final Seahawk drive, that was a heck of a play. But what was even a better play was Butler's pick to end the drive.
The Pats didn't steal anything. They beat the Hawks fair and square.

If you haven't read the report, you probably shouldn't be accusing the GOAT of illegally tampering with footballs. The Wells Report couldn't even prove that conclusion. In fact, it couldn't even prove the balls were tampered with, never mind that Brady had something to do with it.

The Colt footballs were under 12.5 PSI, too.

Fake scandal.

@Street Scum

Yes, Kraft is so shallow he'd toe the company line simply to be able to continue pulling his booster seat up to the big boy table.

Well, generally aware...if that's good enough to get Brady four games, it is good enough to lump you in with the rest of the imbicile, uninformed sports mob.

If you haven't read the report, you probably shouldn't be accusing the GOAT of illegally tampering with footballs. The Wells Report couldn't even prove that conclusion. In fact, it couldn't even prove the balls were tampered with, never mind that Brady had something to do with it.

The Colt footballs were under 12.5 PSI, too.

Fake scandal.

To me, Kraft's capitulation trumps everything else. By saying he was going to accept the fine and the loss of the draft picks, he basically agreed that the balls were tampered with and that Brady knew about it.
I know that what I just said doesn't set well with most of the people here, so this is going to be my last post on the subject. I'm just a visitor here and the last thing I want to do is piss everyone off, because you're all just passionate NFL fans like I am.

To me, Kraft's capitulation trumps everything else. By saying he was going to accept the fine and the loss of the draft picks, he basically agreed that the balls were tampered with and that Brady knew about it.
I know that what I just said doesn't set well with most of the people here, so this is going to be my last post on the subject. I'm just a visitor here and the last thing I want to do is piss everyone off, because you're all just passionate NFL fans like I am.

If you haven't read the Wells Report your opinion is utterly worthless.

No, he exposed himself as an owner who cares more about the success of the NFL* establishment and it's effect on his bottom line than he does about righting the wrong the league has created against his franchise.

The Pats keep winning against all odds and there is a lot of jealousy from other owners who feel they haven't had their fair share of winning. When Kraft came out and said that what was good for the 31 other teams was more important than the agenda of one team, he basically threw the QB, who is largely responsible for his team's rise to prominence and rise to the top, as well as markedly increasing the value of his franchise, under the bus.

It was outrageous, and Kraft earned a lot of enmity from former supporters with his stance.

Speaking for myself I don't watch the NFL* and root for the overall well being of the rest of the teams, I root for the success of the team that I decided to support.

Last edited:
- in particular in the Wells Report:
+ the October text string sequence after the Jets game which is discussed 4 times in the report. We now know specific texts that were not included in the report which totally rebut the reports conclusion of what the text sequence means. The report claims that they couldn't find these other texts - but a reporter claims to have found the missing texts with a 10-minute internet search. It strains credibility that the investigators did not have access to the full text sequence and then intentionally decided to use the specific texts used in order to bolster their guilt finding. This is a smoking gun in terms not only of bias but of a sting.

Great post. Do you mind expanding on this section? What were the excluded/missing texts from October?

Don't forget that someone from the NFL decided to destroy the evidence to begin with. They could have kept those footballs in question and set them aside for further tests or what ever but they did'nt. They instead re-inflate those footballs and put them back in the game. That to me is extremely suspicious. Why would you not keep those footballs as evidence? We would have never needed a Wells report. That looks like a Sting + a Setup operation. May not have been but it is either sheer ignorance or a set up. Either way it will not look good in court.
Also, what many people have pointed out since the report came out, is why they didn't simply go to the backup bag of footballs. What's the point of having a spare, backup set of footballs and then not using them when there was suspicion about the regular set of footballs? But no, they decide to re-inflate the original footballs. Either gross incompetence or shady dealings...

Actually you are not just a passionate fan like we are. I understand your sentiment, but until your team has been target by the NFL* front office like we have you really won't understand. You can make allusions to tin hat conspiracies and all that, I can see where you are coming from, but when it is your team being targeted and you do some investigation like we have had to then you might understand.

This is not borne of paranoia, it is born of a perspective that we would prefer not to have endured.

Since 1996 the Pats have been to six Superbowls, in three of those we have had major pre-game distractions to deal with when we should have been free to concentrate on the task at hand of trying to win a Superbowl. How many other teams have had to deal with even one?

In 1996 the Rats tampered with, and ultimately stole, our future HOF HC when all of his attention should have been on trying to help the Pats win their first Superbowl ever. Later, around 2000 the Rats tried to prevent the Pats from interviewing BB for their HC position through technicalities, when Bill Parcells was not ready to leave his position with the Rats. That is when BB resigned as HC via a ****tail napkin note, after the Rats named him as HC. The fact that the only reason BB was on the Rats' staff in the first place was because, as Parcells longtime DC, he followed Parcells to the Rats when the Rats stole Parcells from the Pats. The origins of BB being on the Rats staff is lost on Rats fans when they express outrage at BB's treachery in leaving them for the Pats.

In 2007, after Spygate, a Pats writer broke the story of the Pats taping the Rams walk through, just two days before the Pats were getting ready to try and complete a perfect season. That was a major distraction that accuser Matt Walsh was unable to support, and the newspaper who the writer worked for, was forced to take out a full page retraction after the fact, but not before it had the desired effect on the Pats' Superbowl preparations.

In 2014, well you are all too familiar with Deflategate.

I could write tons more, but I'm sure you don't want to read it and I don't blame you. That is not what we watch football for, and Pats fans would like nothing better than not having to defend our team against these overblown scandals that are being directed against our team. If we are just consistently good, then we would like to be able to enjoy our team's well-deserved dominance. If other teams don't like it they should just get better and beat us on the field, not try and undermine the Pats off the field, because they win too much and it isn't fair.

We rooted for a team that was the dregs of the league for a long time. We know very well how it feels to follow a loser, now we'd like to be left alone to enjoy our winner.

Now, if you are enjoying the punishments being leveled against the Pats answer me one question.

Do you know why the Pats are being docked a 1st round pick?

It should be a very significant offense to incur such a penalty wouldn't you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference