PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Globe declares the Sox still own Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
...now coming to bat...Boomballaty McSplifferson....

I watched more of TB12 running around in an Easter bunny outfit yesterday than I did of the Sawx playing their opening day game.
I guess I just learned it's opening day in baseball by a post on a patriots forum.. yea, baseball is king. If this year is the same as last year, i'll catch about 3 innings on a tv somewhere in the next 6 months.

Based on what? Your guess? Because ratings and stats sure as hell won't agree with you

Based on loyalty even though the Red Sox hadn't won a WS in 86 years. But I can see the Patriots bandwagon overflowing because theyre World Champs. Lets see how loyal the fanbase is when the Pats are not as good? Based on the Red Sox holding a MLB record for consecutive sell outs.

Based on the Patriots almost moving out of state twice. Off to St Louis is the first time and Hartford the next. Nobody would have the guts to mention moving the Red Sox out of Boston. Based on the Patriots situated in Foxboro. Does Foxboro look and feel like Boston to you? During the week it looks like a Ghost town the times that I have been there.

Chi has 2 baseball teams and 1 football team...Bears again draws a larger crowd as they are pulling from both baseball team areas.

A city that can support 2 MLB teams is a baseball town.

I guess I just learned it's opening day in baseball by a post on a patriots forum.. yea, baseball is king. If this year is the same as last year, i'll catch about 3 innings on a tv somewhere in the next 6 months.
And I literally wouldn't watch a hockey game if it were played in my backyard because the sport puts me to sleep. That doesn't mean it isn't and shouldn't be wildly popular with millions of others.

Lets see how loyal the fanbase is when the Pats are not as good?
One welcome benefit of that would be your absence from this forum. ;)

Based on the Red Sox holding a MLB record for consecutive sell outs.
In a crumbling relic that holds a relative handful of people.

Based on the Patriots almost moving out of state twice. Off to St Louis is the first time and Hartford the next. Nobody would have the guts to mention moving the Red Sox out of Boston.
It's been mentioned numerous times re., Fenway's inadequacies.

Does Foxboro look and feel like Boston to you?
No, and thank goodness for that!

During the week it looks like a Ghost town the times that I have been there.
The fact that a thriving business center and virtual community has sprung up around a football stadium is remarkable. If you prefer bad traffic, crowds and high prices, go to Boston.

A city that can support 2 MLB teams is a baseball town.
Or it's just a really large city. The Bears rule Chicago. Anyone from that area will tell you football is No. 1.

Chiuba everyone in Boston/New England knows this is a football town now. Like I said earlier, the only guys that argue that are out of towners.

1967 to today is almost 50 years of dedication. The RS have 3 WS appearance's to show for it.

1994 to today is 21 years. The Pats have been to the SB 7 times.

Boston is a Red Sox town

You must be new to your Red Sox fandom, because they have had 6 WS appearances from 1967 to today.

Were you born yesterday? The Bears OWN Chicago, always have. Boston used to be a baseball town but the Patriots specifically and NFL in general eclipsed that years ago. The only city where baseball trumps football is St. Louis. Everywhere else the NFL rules by wide margins.

Baseball is America's PASTtime.

Last edited:
Yo, coke bottle glasses. I stated the Bears are big, but Chicago is a 2 baseball team town. Don't tell me its not a baseball town. Cubs fans haven't won jack in ages. Disagree about Boston. Boston is a Red Sox town and the Pats are regionally bigger.

Disagree on STL being the only big MLB draw. Atlanta is definitely is NOT a football town. Ive lived there and went to training camp one year. What a joke. Easily bought tickets to the Pats vs Falcons the day of the game.

You want to talk about the "rabid" Braves fans? That team owned their division for the past 20+ years, have THE "superstation" propagandizing to the entire nation for the past 35 years and they STILL need to explain to their fans how many bases there are on the diamond.

To put it plainly, if you have to tell everyone how your sport is still the King, then it's not.

More evidence. The Sox were on the tail end of a series with the Yankees and a day before the home opener and WEEI had NFL Sunday from 9-11 and Bruins talk from 11-1. And that is your flagship Red Sox station.

You think NY fans would want a yankee ring more then a jets ring right now? San Fran is big into baseball..but they wouldn't want a 49ers ring right now over Giants? Detroit? Lions have NEVER made a SB...don't think they want it more? I can guarentee if you looked at ratings...all those football teams will be drawing in bigger crowds then baseball teams.

Everyone wants to talk about revenue. Pink hats contribute to that. We are talking die hards. All of my buddies..every single one of them watches every single pats game...those same guys..maybe 1/2 watch the sox and don't even watch every game..maybe 1 game a week ect. It's like that all over. This is nothing new

If you think New York would prefer a Jets Super Bowl over a Yankees WS, you are a complete idiot. Jets are a boutique style delight at best. Same for SF and Detroit.

Even suggesting that just proves the point.

So what if your idiot buddies watch every Pats game......those same idiots would not watch 162 Patriots games. Sorry to break that to you but that's reality.

But...but your buddies what one red Sox game a week.............why do they watch 4 or 5 Patriots game a week?

As long as the pink hats have green so what?

Again, comparing ratings is only a sign of some idiot trying to prove what that idiot wants to believe. The reality is with only 16 regular games..........scarcity will ALWAYS have higher ratings in a sport made for TV.

If you want a criteria for popularity........use gate attendance.......what sport draws the most over the year to the venue wins most popular.

The area has more than enough to wildly support both franchises same for places like Chicago, Philly, Washington............

This inferiority complex is really annoying.

Chiuba everyone in Boston/New England knows this is a football town now. Like I said earlier, the only guys that argue that are out of towners.

Like these two...

upload_2015-4-16_6-59-13.jpeg

Well, if there's one thing that deflategate confirms...is that Boston is truly indeed a football town, and NE a football region.... you barely hear a word about the Red Sox these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back