PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

boos for brady/branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
what you think.. poor sportsmanship from the steelers fans or not a big deal.. i knew it waas going to happen but it seemed a little over the top.. the guys werent even playing..

Last edited:
I can undertand it in the heat of the excitement . . . but poor sportsmanship nonetheless.

The boos were just an acknowledgement by Steeler fans that Brady and Branch own them!

Does anybody think Brady or Branch derived anything but pleasure from those boos?

Consider Brady's comments after the Pats beat Pitt....again!
"Man, they really hate us here <while laughing>

sarge said:
The boos were just an acknowledgement by Steeler fans that Brady and Branch own them!

Does anybody think Brady or Branch derived anything but pleasure from those boos?

Consider Brady's comments after the Pats beat Pitt....again!
"Man, they really hate us here <while laughing>

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but Brady smiled when they booed. And I laughed with him. It was completely classless to boo a player (especially as good as Brady) when you are about to watch your own team in a SB game.

Meh. I would expect it. I know I would boo the hell out of Peyton regardless of the situation. And we own Peyton. I can't imagine how they must hate Tommy and Deion, who are their daddies!

How about the fact that none of the Steeler "Captains" shook Brady's hand prior to the coin flip, yet most or all of the Seahawk Captains did.

The highest respect an athlete can be paid is to be booed by opposing fans. That means they hate the player for all he's accomplished. Its just like when Red Sox fans boo Derek Jeter. A-Rod is a different story. He gets booed for the person he is. Derek Jeter isn't a bad person though. Its the nature of sports. I bet if Brady announced his retirement or something, he would get a standing ovation for all that he did for the game. I think we're being to critical if we say Steeler fans were classless. Every rival sports teams boo the opposing players. I guarentee if there were as many Pats fans attending a Patriots Super Bowl as there were Steeler fans, and Peyton Manning flipped the coin, he would get booed.

FSUPatsFan said:
The highest respect an athlete can be paid is to be booed by opposing fans. That means they hate the player for all he's accomplished. Its just like when Red Sox fans boo Derek Jeter. A-Rod is a different story. He gets booed for the person he is. Derek Jeter isn't a bad person though. Its the nature of sports. I bet if Brady announced his retirement or something, he would get a standing ovation for all that he did for the game. I think we're being to critical if we say Steeler fans were classless. Every rival sports teams boo the opposing players. I guarentee if there were as many Pats fans attending a Patriots Super Bowl as there were Steeler fans, and Peyton Manning flipped the coin, he would get booed.

Good point, I agree if Peyton flipped the coin I would boo, if he announced his retirement I would give him a standing O. Brady and Branch have thick skins.

i hope Brady very soon will show, again, to the Pittsburgh Steelers who we are...

yesterday they won only due to the 'zebra'...

Seahawks fans: i am with you !

Take a look at 3 Games to Glory III and the beating the Pats delivered to the Steelers last year. Thats a wound that will never heal.

That being said, If the Pats were in the Super Bowl, I don't think Pats fans would mercilously boo Roethlisburger if he was doing the coin toss.

kurtinelson said:
That being said, If the Pats were in the Super Bowl, I don't think Pats fans would mercilously boo Roethlisburger if he was doing the coin toss.

Yeah, but the "We can't beat them" dynamic would be lacking in that instance. Pats fans can afford to benevolently applaud Big Ben should that scenario ever rise...we're not the perceived underdog.

They can boo all they want, they know who their daddy is.

Hardly a cause for concern.

I'm sure the Steelers players were still bummed about having to rescind their Superbowl reservations from 01 and 04.{err both games lost at home} I don't think I would shake their hands either lol. The fresh memories are still stirring through my mind.

No big deal. Brady was cracking up! Hopefully he was thinking, "Yeah, you're booing now - wait til next year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News