Welcome to PatsFans.com

Book excerpt: A look at relationship between Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick Read More:

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Mack Herron, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +158 / 2 / -2

#24 Jersey

2. PatriotDynasty_12

PatriotDynasty_12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Re: Book excerpt: A look at relationship between Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick Read M

God, I'll never get over the ridiculous penalty handed down to the Pats for "spygate". Took away a 1st rounder!?!? WTF! Can't wait to here what Belichick says on the subject when he's finally out of football because you know him and Kraft will forever hold a grudge against that tool of a Commish.
  3. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -2

No Jersey Selected

Re: Book excerpt: A look at relationship between Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick Read M

Great to see this stuff floating around.

Does anyone remember hearing, after Belichick was hired here, about how during the Parcells fiasco he and Kraft somehow ended up in a car together in the stadium parking lot and talked for a long time? I thought I heard t what point that that was when BB really impressed Kraft, who knew then he would make a good coach for his team.

Maybe just my imagination. Anyone?
  4. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

This was discussed recently on Patsfans.com and the meeting was referenced by a NY Jets beat writer who wrote a book that was a bit of a hit job IIRC and the link was to a radio show in NY......
  5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,182 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Yes, this tryst was discussed in detail on the gay blogs I read daily
  6. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -2

No Jersey Selected

OK, thanks. I know the whole situation has been discussed a lot, I just didn't recall anything about that conversation specifically in a car at eh stadium.

Thanks.
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

UncleRico,
    Here's the thread you were referencing....And I'm didn't have to go to the blogs PWP reads .....daily.......

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/979801-kraft-parcells-bb.html

Go to post #6 by Upstater....
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  8. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 6 / -13

This absolutely happened. I remember reading exactly that but I don't remember who it was who put it out - it was definitely a Boston writer around the time it all went down.

I remember because I thought Belichick was a joke and I was elated that they were going to someone like Pete Carroll instead of a washed up Parcells guy from Cleveland. I thought 'whew, dodged a bullet' after reading about that car ride, so happy I was that Kraft didn't hire that bum Belichick.

Yeah, I'm pretty great at picking winning football coaches.
  9. Patsrock

Patsrock Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

I remember them getting into a car together. They showed it on the news stations. IT was probably Wednesday or Thursday after the SB 31. Foxboro had a bomb threat and everyone evacuated and they got into a car together.
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

That;s the first I'd heard of the bomb threat but it makes sense and here's a Google link to it.....

Pats Offices Empty After Bomb Threat - New York Daily News
  11. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

I was the one who mentioned that. It wasn't in the book by the NY writer Myers.

I may be dumb and say stupid things, but for some bizarre reason I was blessed with a memory that let's me recall things written in a Boston Globe story 16 years ago.

Reporters noticed Kraft and Belichick talking in a car outside the stadium for over 2 hours.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.