PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Booing a 12-3 home team for going 3 and out: No Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently you've never been at the RCA Dome when Manning had his offense on the field. He had that fanbase trained about as well as his WR's...

No, I have never been to the RCA Dome, but that is different then what we are talking about.
We are talking about a stadium of 60,000 fans who are watching their team lay an egg....17-0 in what alot of people have said is the worst half of football all season...
In that type of situation, I have NEVER witnessed a stadium be totally silent.
Have you?

On the other hand, I have witnessed stadiums inthat situation ...in all sports, in all cities...boo and yell.

It is, as long as you concurrently develop perspective and grasp the fact that your ideal expectation isn't always going to be met and often for reasons beyond anyone's control.

I have plenty of perspective. I'm 26 and I don't claim to know everything. But I don't need a lecture from some old ****head (not directed at you, speaking in general) who thinks that just because he's older he must be a more knowledgable fan of the New England Patriots.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but if you really believe that if the Patriots went 1-15 for the next 2 years that their attendance wouldn't drop then you really don't deserve to be posting here.

I was going to college in Boston in 1989 and my parents lived in Maine. I would go home on the weekend to watch the games because they were blacked out in Boston, Portland is out of the blackout radius. Heck, the Patriots almost moved to St Louis.

It would take a while, and hopefully it never happens again, but if the Patriots turned into the Cleveland Browns for 3 or 4 years, it sure would be easy to pick up some tickets.

Of course it would. But using attendence from over 15 years ago is extremely flawed. The stands TODAY are made up of completely different people and personalities.

If you're going to be condescending using that to back up your argument, than YOU don't deserve to post here.

Last edited:
Okay - to sum it all up, some people think booing is okay, some people don't.

Can we move on to Buffalo now?

Well, you have certainly convinced me...I was wrong to "perceive" the Pats were playing poorly when they were losing 17-0 at home, couldnt get a first down, and were getting torched on D repeatedly. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. After watching football for 40 years, I thought I knew good from bad, but now I know I was wrong.
I am in line for tickets for the AFCCG if its at Foxboro. Lets hope for more of that "great" play from the boys!:eek:

OK, let me spell it out for you so your 41st year will make more sense:

You might consider the possibility that injuries to Light and Mankins affected specific protection schemes and consequently trashed a share of the game plan throwing the offense out of sync, contributing to six first-half punts. Coaches and players were adjusting on the fly and didn't get things ironed out until halftime.

If your 40 years of watching football have taught you anything about the game, you'd understand that booing from the stands won't help Connolly coordinate line calls with Thomas and Solder so Brady isn't rushed into throwing incomplete to Woodhead split wide. The booing I heard Saturday at the game was directed mostly at the offense. Why? Because "those lazy dopes obviously didn't care enough to play better and, garsh dernit, we fans better let them know we don't like it."

Just allow for the possibility that there might be LEGITIMATE REASON for poor play on occasion and that the coaches and players have a better clue than you what that might be.

Do you know what "ignorance" means?

And to say that booing doesn't give some players a kick in the ass to get back to their A game is IGNORANT in its own considering you have no f*cking idea whether it does or doesn't. Get off your high horse and go away.

Go back and read my other posts in this thread on discussions I've had with players from the Broncos and Bears on this very topic. As for any clarification you seek of "ignorance," please consult the nearest mirror.

Last edited:
OK, let me spell it out for you so your 41st year will make more sense:

You might consider the possibility that injuries to Light and Mankins affected specific protection schemes and consequently trashed a share of the game plan throwing the offense out of sync, contributing to six first-half punts. Coaches and players were adjusting on the fly and didn't get things ironed out until halftime.

If your 40 years of watching football have taught you anything about the game, you'd understand that booing from the stands won't help Connolly coordinate line calls with Thomas and Solder so Brady isn't rushed into throwing incomplete to Woodhead split wide. The booing I heard Saturday at the game was directed mostly at the offense. Why? Because "those lazy dopes obviously didn't care enough to play better and, garsh dernit, we fans better let them know we don't like it."

Just allow for the possibility that there might be LEGITIMATE REASON for poor play on occasion and that the coaches and players have a better clue than you what that might be.

You make it easy for people to shake their heads at you and feel bad for you. I'm sure you never utter comments out loud or "at the tv" when the Patriots are playing poorly? Did you know the tv won't hear you and can't do anything about it.

You need to be forcefully pushed off your pathetic high horse.

Go back and read my other posts in this thread on discussions I've had with players from the Broncos and Bears on this very topic. As for any clarification you seek of "ignorance," please consult the nearest mirror.

No thanks, reading your posts is too draining. The ignorance and self righteous attitude you have is pathetic. I'd rather not go out of my way to read your ignorant trash.

Last edited:
i have no problem with booing. it shows how much you care. fans should hold the players feet to the fire just like the coaching staff. boo if you must.

If you're going to be condescending using that to back up your argument, than YOU don't deserve to post here.

Mirror mirror on the wall......

I think this whole issue can be solved quite simple...instead of booing...replace it with HISSING....

images

Good thought, or better yet.........

The stadium staff should hand out red challenge flags to all fans. When the Patriots play poorly as they did in the first half, all fans should be expected to throw the flag onto the field to "challenge" them to play better.

One thing has me pretty pissed, the fact that the Foxboro fan base is way too ready to boo their home team. I hear boos for going 3 and out against Miami (in a win), or for giving up a TD drive to the Colts in garbage time (also a win). It's embarrassing. Fans should not be booing a 12-3 team, a team that has dominated the AFC for a decade. All it does is prove that New England fans are ungrateful, selfish, spoiled and ignorant. No class.

First off. There probably aren't many well documented homers on this site as me. I have a 5 years of pretty much parroting "in BB we trust", even when in my mind I was like "WTF is Bill thinking". The Patriots are an extraordinarily important part of my life (just ask my wife :D). I've been a fan for 35 years. Through the highest of high and the lowest of lows.

All that said....... When I make my annual or semi-annual trek eastward to the Razor for a game with my kids, it's over $1000 bucks. I'm not a rich man, and that represents a decent chunk of money to me. I wasn't there on Sunday, but had I been............ after witnessing the first half of what we put out...... I might have booed too. It was crap effort, in a game that represented TOO MUCH with it's possible implications (HFA through the playoffs).

You may call it a spoiled fanbase, but I actually call it high expectations. It one of the things that separates our team from everyone else. High expectations, from players, to coaches, and yes..... even us fans. When you have a chance to close the door on a team, or a season, or a division championship, or home field advantage........ I EXPECT my Patriots to do everything that they can stand up an play...... not lay down like a bunch of dogs.

In the first half....... they laid down like dogs, and they heard about it from us fans (and more from the coaches at halftime). We've have come to expect much more from a group of players who play for this team. In the second half, they stood up like men, and got the job done, and were ROUNDLY applauded by their very appreciative fans for it.

I'd suggest you take a lesson from BB's playbook. 12-3 means d!ck when the Bills come in here to play this week, and if we manage to win on Sunday, our 13-3 regular season total will mean d!ck to the 1st playoff opponent that comes in. If we come out and lay down, we'll get steamrolled. You either bring it 100% all the time, or don't bother. Thats the Patriots way.

If you wanna just shrug your shoulders when they have an off day and say "it's okay guys, at least you tried"...... then you are probably cheering for the wrong team. I suggest the Bills, or even the Browns....... Their fanbases have low expectations that are probably closer to yours then the Patriots.

Of course it would. But using attendence from over 15 years ago is extremely flawed. The stands TODAY are made up of completely different people and personalities.

Do you honestly beleive that the fans of today would react any differently than the fans did in the early 90's?

As for the booing, you paid the money to be there, do what you want.

Last edited:
First off. There probably aren't many well documented homers on this site as me. I have a 5 years of pretty much parroting "in BB we trust", even when in my mind I was like "WTF is Bill thinking". The Patriots are an extraordinarily important part of my life (just ask my wife :D). I've been a fan for 35 years. Through the highest of high and the lowest of lows.

All that said....... When I make my annual or semi-annual trek eastward to the Razor for a game with my kids, it's over $1000 bucks. I'm not a rich man, and that represents a decent chunk of money to me. I wasn't there on Sunday, but had I been............ after witnessing the first half of what we put out...... I might have booed too. It was crap effort, in a game that represented TOO MUCH with it's possible implications (HFA through the playoffs).

You may call it a spoiled fanbase, but I actually call it high expectations. It one of the things that separates our team from everyone else. High expectations, from players, to coaches, and yes..... even us fans. When you have a chance to close the door on a team, or a season, or a division championship, or home field advantage........ I EXPECT my Patriots to do everything that they can stand up an play...... not lay down like a bunch of dogs.

In the first half....... they laid down like dogs, and they heard about it from us fans (and more from the coaches at halftime). We've have come to expect much more from a group of players who play for this team. In the second half, they stood up like men, and got the job done, and were ROUNDLY applauded by their very appreciative fans for it.

I'd suggest you take a lesson from BB's playbook. 12-3 means d!ck when the Bills come in here to play this week, and if we manage to win on Sunday, our 13-3 regular season total will mean d!ck to the 1st playoff opponent that comes in. If we come out and lay down, we'll get steamrolled. You either bring it 100% all the time, or don't bother. Thats the Patriots way.

If you wanna just shrug your shoulders when they have an off day and say "it's okay guys, at least you tried"...... then you are probably cheering for the wrong team. I suggest the Bills, or even the Browns....... Their fanbases have low expectations that are probably closer to yours then the Patriots.

This has to be the most ignorant post in this thread...apart from mine, of course. Just ask Tunescribe. :bricks:

First ..........

You make some good points but I am puzzled about something: as a knowledgable fan, wouldn't you consider that our OL didn't have two key players all of a suddden that contributed significantly to our offense's poor performance, including Brady's poor throws and sacks?

And you will still boo them?

You make some good points but I am puzzled about something: as a knowledgable fan, wouldn't you consider that our OL didn't have two key players all of a suddden that contributed significantly to our offense's poor performance, including Brady's poor throws and sacks?

And you will still boo them?

Without a doubt...... I was in the gameday thread telling everyone to chill out...... I figured that they would get is sorted out. And they did. But lets face it...... THEY ARE PROS and EXPECTED to get it figured out.

Remember, the mantra is "DO YOUR JOB". Do you think BB give Slater a pass if they press him into "safety" duty and he blows a coverage? I sincerely doubt it. Execution is something you can always do.

Plus, the woes we saw in the first half of last week were much deeper then Solder switching sides and a few other changes across the line. We came out flat. Not mentally or physically sharp. I have NO PROBLEM with the fans letting them know that they EXPECT MORE in the only way they know how. I bet if you ask most of the players if they blame the fans for booing during 1/2 half of the game they would say.... No.

Now, I wouldn't recommend booing on just a random bad play or something, but lets face it, that was one of the worst half's of football we've seen in a LOOOONG time, certainly this year. If I had dropped $1000 to bring the family all the way to the game to watch that...... I might have been tempted. Perhaps not, but I can't blame all those that did. That half was some BAD football.

Last edited:
booing lets them know that their performance is not up to snuff, so to speak. I'm all for it. It may have been the trigger that spurred them on in the second half.

We are not the eagles. People who think the crowd does not effect the game to to think harder.....boo'ing is unacceptable during a bad season let alone a great season. It will lead to no good ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes